Miszta, Adam, Homa K. Ahmadzia, Naomi L. C. Luban, Shuhui Li, Dong Guo, Lori A. Holle, Jeffrey S. Berger, et al. “Application of a plasmin generation assay to define pharmacodynamic effects of tranexamic acid in women undergoing cesarean delivery.” Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis : Jth, October 2020. https://doi.org/10.1111/jth.15114.
Andra Hohler James, MD
I am an OB-GYN and a specialist in maternal-fetal medicine and high-risk obstetrics. My research and publications pertain mainly to the care of women with blood disorders (thrombosis and thrombophilia), bleeding disorders (including von Willebrand disease), platelet disorders (including ITP), and sickle cell disease.
Education and Training
- Associate, Obstetrics And Gynecology, Duke University, 1997 - 2000
- Resident, Obstetrics & Gynecology, North Carolina Memorial Hospital, 1993 - 1997
- M.D., University of Virginia, 1993
- M.P.H., Johns Hopkins University, 1977
Selected Grants and Awards
- Hemostatic markers in the immediate postpartum period
- Transfusion Medicine and Hematology
- Preventing venous thromboembolism following cesarean delivery: building evidence to inform practice
- A Multicenter Study on the Retrospective Safety and Efficacy of Fibrinogen Concentrate (Human) (FCH) for Routine Prophylaxis, Treatment of Bleeding or Surgery in Subjects with Congenital Fibrinogen Deficiency with a Prospective Followup Component
- Thrombosis and Hemostasis Centers Research and Prevention Network
- Integrated Program for Persons with Hemostatic Disorders
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Risk Group
- CDC Menorrhagia Treatment Study
- CDC PO- IUGR Study
Ahmadzia, Homa K., Elaine B. Hynds, Richard L. Amdur, Alexis C. Gimovsky, Andra H. James, and Naomi L. C. Luban. “National trends in tranexamic acid use in the peripartum period, 2015-2019.” Journal of Thrombosis and Thrombolysis 50, no. 3 (October 2020): 746–52. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11239-020-02141-4.
Ellis-Kahana, Julia, Andrew D. Sparks, Alexis C. Gimovsky, Andra H. James, and Homa K. Ahmadzia. “Developing a model for predicting venous thromboembolism in obese pregnant women in a national study.” Thrombosis Research 191 (July 2020): 42–49. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.thromres.2020.03.025.
Mead, Henry, and Andra H. James. “Heavy menstrual bleeding in the community: Presentation at the emergency department.” In Haemophilia, 26:76–76, 2020.
Ahmadzia, Homa K., Naomi L. Luban, Alexandra North, Jeffrey Berger, Andra H. James, Alisa S. Wolberg, and John van den Anker. “436: Effect of tranexamic acid dose on clot lysis: implications for preventing postpartum hemorrhage.” In American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 222:S286–S286. Elsevier BV, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajog.2019.11.452.
James, Andra, and Jerome Federspiel. “Inherited Thrombophilias.” In Protocols for High-Risk Pregnancies, edited by Charles Lockwood and Catherine Spong, 2020.
Asare, Eugenia Vicky, Edeghonghon Olayemi, Theodore Boafor, Yvonne Dei-Adomakoh, Enoch Mensah Dip, Charles Hayfron Benjamin, Brittany Covert, et al. “Third trimester and early postpartum period of pregnancy have the greatest risk for ACS in women with SCD.” American Journal of Hematology 94, no. 12 (December 2019): E328–31. https://doi.org/10.1002/ajh.25643.