James, AH. "Obstetric Management of Adolescents with Bleeding Disorders." Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology 23, no. 6 (December 1, 2010): S31-S37.
Andra Hohler James, MD
I am an OB-GYN and a specialist in maternal-fetal medicine and high-risk obstetrics. My research and publications pertain mainly to the care of women with blood disorders (thrombosis and thrombophilia), bleeding disorders (including von Willebrand disease), platelet disorders (including ITP), and sickle cell disease.
Education and Training
- Associate, Obstetrics And Gynecology, Duke University, 1997 - 2000
- Resident, Obstetrics & Gynecology, North Carolina Memorial Hospital, 1993 - 1997
- M.D., University of Virginia, 1993
- M.P.H., Johns Hopkins University, 1977
Selected Grants and Awards
- Transfusion Medicine and Hematology
- A Multicenter Study on the Retrospective Safety and Efficacy of Fibrinogen Concentrate (Human) (FCH) for Routine Prophylaxis,
- Thrombosis and Hemostasis Centers Research and Prevention Network
- Integrated Program for Persons with Hemostatic Disorders
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Risk Group
- CDC Menorrhagia Treatment Study
- CDC PO- IUGR Study
James, AH. "Obstetric Management of Adolescents with Bleeding Disorders." JOURNAL OF PEDIATRIC AND ADOLESCENT GYNECOLOGY 23, no. 6 (December 2010): S31-S37.
Sood, SL, James, AH, Bolgiano, D, Ragni, MV, Shapiro, AD, Shihong, I, Vega, R, Witmer, C, and Konkle, BA. "Pregnancy In Type 1 Von Willebrand Disease: A Prospective Study of VWF Levels and Risk Factors for Bleeding." November 19, 2010.
Clowse, MEB, Petri, M, and James, AH. "Rheumatologic Disorders in Pregnancy." (July 9, 2010): 209-232. (Chapter)
James, AH. "Women and bleeding disorders." HAEMOPHILIA 16 (July 2010): 160-167.
James, AH, and Hoots, K. "The optimal mode of delivery for the haemophilia carrier expecting an affected infant is caesarean delivery." HAEMOPHILIA 16, no. 3 (May 2010): 420-424.
Grotegut, CA, Johnson, LNC, Paglia, MJ, and James, AH. "Oxytocin Exposure in Women with Uterine Atony and Postpartum Hemorrhage." March 2010.
Hossain, N, Farzana, T, Khan, NH, Shamsi, TS, and James, AH. "Adolescent menorrhagia due to platelet function disorder." JOURNAL OF THE PAKISTAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION 60, no. 2 (February 2010): 127-129.
James, AH. "Pregnancy and thrombotic risk." CRITICAL CARE MEDICINE 38, no. 2 (February 2010): S57-S63.
Philipp, CS, Faiz, A, Shrimanker, S, Beckman, MG, Bockenstedt, PL, James, AH, and Manco-Johnson, MJ. "Racial Differences in Thrombotic Risk Factors Associated with Adverse Pregnancy Outcome Among Women Obtaining Care in US Thrombosis and Hemostasis Centers." November 20, 2009.