James, AH. "Pregnancy and thrombotic risk." CRITICAL CARE MEDICINE 38, no. 2 (February 2010): S57-S63.
Andra Hohler James, MD
Hemostasis and thrombosis related to maternal and fetal outcomes of pregnancy.
Education and Training
- Associate, Obstetrics And Gynecology, Duke University, 1997 - 2000
- Resident, Obstetrics & Gynecology, North Carolina Memorial Hospital, 1993 - 1997
- M.D., University of Virginia, 1993
- M.P.H., Johns Hopkins University, 1977
Selected Grants and Awards
- Transfusion Medicine and Hematology
- A Multicenter Study on the Retrospective Safety and Efficacy of Fibrinogen Concentrate (Human) (FCH) for Routine Prophylaxis,
- Thrombosis and Hemostasis Centers Research and Prevention Network
- Integrated Program for Persons with Hemostatic Disorders
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Risk Group
- CDC Menorrhagia Treatment Study
- CDC PO- IUGR Study
Clowse, MEB, Petri, M, and James, AH. "Rheumatologic Disorders in Pregnancy." de Swiet's Medical Disorders in Obstetric Practice: Fifth Edition (2010): 209-232.
Philipp, CS, Faiz, A, Shrimanker, S, Beckman, MG, Bockenstedt, PL, James, AH, and Manco-Johnson, MJ. "Racial Differences in Thrombotic Risk Factors Associated with Adverse Pregnancy Outcome Among Women Obtaining Care in US Thrombosis and Hemostasis Centers." November 20, 2009.
James, AH, Paglia, MJ, Gernsheimer, T, Grotegut, C, and Thames, B. "Blood component therapy in postpartum hemorrhage." Transfusion 49, no. 11 (November 2009): 2430-2433.
James, AH. "Von Willebrand disease in women: awareness and diagnosis." November 2009.
Mannucci, PM, Federici, AB, James, AH, and Kessler, CM. "von Willebrand disease in the 21st century: current approaches and new challenges." HAEMOPHILIA 15, no. 5 (September 2009): 1154-1158.
James, AH, Manco-Johnson, MJ, Yawn, BP, Dietrich, JE, and Nichols, WL. "Von Willebrand Disease Key Points From the 2008 National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute Guidelines." OBSTETRICS AND GYNECOLOGY 114, no. 3 (September 2009): 674-678.
James, AH, Myers, ER, Cook, C, and Pietrobon, R. "Complications of hysterectomy in women with von Willebrand disease." Haemophilia 15, no. 4 (July 2009): 926-931.
James, AH, Kouides, PA, Abdul-Kadir, R, Edlund, M, Federici, AB, Halimeh, S, Kamphuisen, PW, Konkle, BA, Martinez-Perez, O, McLintock, C, Peyvandi, F, and Winikoff, R. "Von Willebrand disease and other bleeding disorders in women: consensus on diagnosis and management from an international expert panel." AMERICAN JOURNAL OF OBSTETRICS AND GYNECOLOGY 201, no. 1 (July 2009).
Nichols, WL, Rick, ME, Ortel, TL, Montgomery, RR, Sadler, JE, Yawn, BP, James, AH, Hultin, MB, Manco-Johnson, MJ, and Weinstein, M. "Clinical and laboratory diagnosis of von Willebrand disease: a synopsis of the 2008 NHLBI/NIH guidelines." Am J Hematol 84, no. 6 (June 2009): 366-370.