Roelands, J, Jamison, MG, Lyerly, AD, and James, AH. "Consequences of Smoking during Pregnancy on Maternal Health." JOURNAL OF WOMENS HEALTH 18, no. 6 (June 2009): 867-872.
Andra Hohler James, MD
Hemostasis and thrombosis related to maternal and fetal outcomes of pregnancy.
Education and Training
- Associate, Obstetrics And Gynecology, Duke University, 1997 - 2000
- Resident, Obstetrics & Gynecology, North Carolina Memorial Hospital, 1993 - 1997
- M.D., University of Virginia, 1993
- M.P.H., Johns Hopkins University, 1977
Selected Grants and Awards
- Transfusion Medicine and Hematology
- A Multicenter Study on the Retrospective Safety and Efficacy of Fibrinogen Concentrate (Human) (FCH) for Routine Prophylaxis,
- Thrombosis and Hemostasis Centers Research and Prevention Network
- Integrated Program for Persons with Hemostatic Disorders
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Risk Group
- CDC Menorrhagia Treatment Study
- CDC PO- IUGR Study
Bushnell, CD, Jamison, M, and James, AH. "Migraines during pregnancy linked to stroke and vascular diseases: US population based case-control study." BRITISH MEDICAL JOURNAL 338 (March 10, 2009).
James, AH. "Bleeding Disorders in Adolescents." OBSTETRICS AND GYNECOLOGY CLINICS OF NORTH AMERICA 36, no. 1 (March 2009): 153-+.
James, AH. "Venous Thromboembolism in Pregnancy." ARTERIOSCLEROSIS THROMBOSIS AND VASCULAR BIOLOGY 29, no. 3 (March 2009): 326-331.
James, AH. "Guidelines for bleeding disorders in women." 2009.
James, AH. "Pregnancy-associated thrombosis." Hematology Am Soc Hematol Educ Program (2009): 277-285. (Review)
Nichols, WL, Hultln, MB, James, AH, Manco-johnson, MJ, Montgomery, RR, Ortel, TL, Rick, ME, Sadler, JE, Weinstein, M, and Yawn, BP. "von Willebrand factor content in Alphanate® (Laurence J. Logan) - Reply." Haemophilia 15, no. 1 (2009): 370-371.
James, AH. "Thromboembolism in pregnancy: recurrence risks, prevention and management." CURRENT OPINION IN OBSTETRICS & GYNECOLOGY 20, no. 6 (December 2008): 550-556.
James, AH, Myers, ER, Cook, C, and Pietrobon, R. "Complications of Hysterectomy in Women with Von Willebrand Disease." BLOOD 112, no. 11 (November 16, 2008): 1166-1166.
James, AH, Patel, ST, Watson, W, Zaidi, QR, Mangione, A, and Goss, TF. "An Assessment of Medical Resource Utilization and Hospitalization Cost Associated with a Diagnosis of Anemia in Women with Obstetrical Bleeding in the United States." JOURNAL OF WOMENS HEALTH 17, no. 8 (October 2008): 1279-1284.