James, AH. "Venous Thromboembolism in Pregnancy." ARTERIOSCLEROSIS THROMBOSIS AND VASCULAR BIOLOGY 29, no. 3 (March 2009): 326-331.
Andra Hohler James, MD
I am an OB-GYN and a specialist in maternal-fetal medicine and high-risk obstetrics. My research and publications pertain mainly to the care of women with blood disorders (thrombosis and thrombophilia), bleeding disorders (including von Willebrand disease), platelet disorders (including ITP), and sickle cell disease.
Education and Training
- Associate, Obstetrics And Gynecology, Duke University, 1997 - 2000
- Resident, Obstetrics & Gynecology, North Carolina Memorial Hospital, 1993 - 1997
- M.D., University of Virginia, 1993
- M.P.H., Johns Hopkins University, 1977
Selected Grants and Awards
- Transfusion Medicine and Hematology
- A Multicenter Study on the Retrospective Safety and Efficacy of Fibrinogen Concentrate (Human) (FCH) for Routine Prophylaxis,
- Thrombosis and Hemostasis Centers Research and Prevention Network
- Integrated Program for Persons with Hemostatic Disorders
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Risk Group
- CDC Menorrhagia Treatment Study
- CDC PO- IUGR Study
James, AH. "Guidelines for bleeding disorders in women." 2009.
James, AH. "Pregnancy-associated thrombosis." Hematology Am Soc Hematol Educ Program (2009): 277-285. (Review)
Nichols, WL, Hultln, MB, James, AH, Manco-johnson, MJ, Montgomery, RR, Ortel, TL, Rick, ME, Sadler, JE, Weinstein, M, and Yawn, BP. "von Willebrand factor content in Alphanate® (Laurence J. Logan) - Reply." Haemophilia 15, no. 1 (2009): 370-371.
James, AH. "Thromboembolism in pregnancy: recurrence risks, prevention and management." CURRENT OPINION IN OBSTETRICS & GYNECOLOGY 20, no. 6 (December 2008): 550-556.
James, AH, Myers, ER, Cook, C, and Pietrobon, R. "Complications of Hysterectomy in Women with Von Willebrand Disease." BLOOD 112, no. 11 (November 16, 2008): 1166-1166.
James, AH, Patel, ST, Watson, W, Zaidi, QR, Mangione, A, and Goss, TF. "An Assessment of Medical Resource Utilization and Hospitalization Cost Associated with a Diagnosis of Anemia in Women with Obstetrical Bleeding in the United States." JOURNAL OF WOMENS HEALTH 17, no. 8 (October 2008): 1279-1284.
Clowse, MEB, Jamison, M, Myers, E, and James, AH. "A national study of the complications of lupus in pregnancy." American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 199, no. 2 (August 2008): 127.e1-127.e6.
Villers, MS, Jamison, MG, De Castro, LM, and James, AH. "Morbidity associated with sickle cell disease in pregnancy." Am J Obstet Gynecol 199, no. 2 (August 2008): 125.e1-125.e5.
Brawley, OW, Cornelius, LJ, Edwards, LR, Gamble, VN, Green, BL, Inturrisi, C, James, AH, Laraque, D, Mendez, M, Montoya, CJ, Pollock, BH, Robinson, L, Scholnik, AP, and Schori, M. "National institutes of health consensus development conference statement: Hydroxyurea treatment for sickle cell disease." ANNALS OF INTERNAL MEDICINE 148, no. 12 (June 17, 2008): 932-+.