Ellestad, SC, Zimmerman, SA, Thornburg, C, Mitchell, TE, Swamy, GK, and James, AH. "Severe factor V deficiency presenting with intracranial haemorrhage during gestation." Haemophilia 13, no. 4 (July 2007): 432-434.
Andra Hohler James, MD
Hemostasis and thrombosis related to maternal and fetal outcomes of pregnancy.
Education and Training
- Associate, Obstetrics And Gynecology, Duke University, 1997 - 2000
- Resident, Obstetrics & Gynecology, North Carolina Memorial Hospital, 1993 - 1997
- M.D., University of Virginia, 1993
- M.P.H., Johns Hopkins University, 1977
Selected Grants and Awards
- Transfusion Medicine and Hematology
- A Multicenter Study on the Retrospective Safety and Efficacy of Fibrinogen Concentrate (Human) (FCH) for Routine Prophylaxis,
- Thrombosis and Hemostasis Centers Research and Prevention Network
- Integrated Program for Persons with Hemostatic Disorders
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Risk Group
- CDC Menorrhagia Treatment Study
- CDC PO- IUGR Study
James, AH, and Jamison, MG. "Bleeding events and other complications during pregnancy and childbirth in women with von Willebrand disease." JOURNAL OF THROMBOSIS AND HAEMOSTASIS 5, no. 6 (June 2007): 1165-1169.
James, AH, Grotegut, CA, Brancazio, LR, and Brown, H. "Thromboembolism in pregnancy: recurrence and its prevention." Semin Perinatol 31, no. 3 (June 2007): 167-175. (Review)
Dowling, NF, Beckman, MG, Manco-Johnson, M, Hassell, K, Philipp, CS, Michaels, LA, Moll, S, Heit, JA, Penner, J, Kulkarni, R, Pipe, S, Bockenstedt, P, Andersen, J, Crudder, S, James, AH, Zimmerman, S, and Ortel, TL. "The U.S. Thrombosis and Hemostasis Centers pilot sites program." J Thromb Thrombolysis 23, no. 1 (February 2007): 1-7.
James, AH. "Management of valvular heart disease in pregnancy." 2007.
James, AH. "More than menorrhagia: A review of the obstetric and gynaecological manifestations of von Willebrand disease." 2007.
James, AH, and Jamison, MG. "Bleeding.Events and other complications during pregnancy and childbirth in women with Von Willebrand disease." BLOOD 108, no. 11 (November 16, 2006): 302A-302A.
James, AH, Paglia, M, Grotegut, C, Thames, B, and Gernsheimer, T. "Coagulopathy from severe postpartum hemorrhage." November 16, 2006.
James, AH, Brancazio, LR, Gehrig, TR, Wang, A, and Ortel, TL. "Low-molecular-weight heparin for thromboprophylaxis in pregnant women with mechanical heart valves." J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 19, no. 9 (September 2006): 543-549. (Review)
Clowse, MEB, Jamison, MG, Myers, E, and James, AH. "National study of medical complications in SLE pregnancies." September 2006.