James, AH, Jamison, MG, Bushnell, CD, Biswas, MS, and Myers, ER. "Arterial thromboembolism in pregnancy: A United States population-based study." JOURNAL OF WOMENS HEALTH 15, no. 6 (July 2006): 688-688.
Andra Hohler James, MD
Hemostasis and thrombosis related to maternal and fetal outcomes of pregnancy.
Education and Training
- Associate, Obstetrics And Gynecology, Duke University, 1997 - 2000
- Resident, Obstetrics & Gynecology, North Carolina Memorial Hospital, 1993 - 1997
- M.D., University of Virginia, 1993
- M.P.H., Johns Hopkins University, 1977
Selected Grants and Awards
- Transfusion Medicine and Hematology
- A Multicenter Study on the Retrospective Safety and Efficacy of Fibrinogen Concentrate (Human) (FCH) for Routine Prophylaxis,
- Thrombosis and Hemostasis Centers Research and Prevention Network
- Integrated Program for Persons with Hemostatic Disorders
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Risk Group
- CDC Menorrhagia Treatment Study
- CDC PO- IUGR Study
Kulkarni, R, Ponder, KP, James, AH, Soucie, JM, Koerper, M, Hoots, WK, and Lusher, JM. "Unresolved issues in diagnosis and management of inherited bleeding disorders in the perinatal period: A white paper of The Perinatal Task Force of the Medical and Scientific Advisory Council of the National Hemophilia Foundation, USA." HAEMOPHILIA 12, no. 3 (May 2006): 205-211.
James, AH, Jamison, MG, Brancazio, LR, and Myers, ER. "Venous thromboembolism during pregnancy and the postpartum period: incidence, risk factors, and mortality." Am J Obstet Gynecol 194, no. 5 (May 2006): 1311-1315.
James, AH, Jamison, MG, Biswas, MS, Brancazio, LR, Swamy, GK, and Myers, ER. "Acute myocardial infarction in pregnancy: a United States population-based study." Circulation 113, no. 12 (March 28, 2006): 1564-1571.
James, A, Brancazio, L, and Ortel, T. "Thrombophilia in Pregnancy: Maternal and Fetal Implications." Current Women's Health Reviews 2, no. 1 (February 1, 2006): 51-59.
James, AH. "Von Willebrand disease." OBSTETRICAL & GYNECOLOGICAL SURVEY 61, no. 2 (February 2006): 136-145.
James, AH, Abel, DE, and Brancazio, LR. "Anticoagulants in pregnancy." Obstet Gynecol Surv 61, no. 1 (January 2006): 59-69. (Review)
Muller, PR, James, AH, Murtha, AP, Yonish, B, Jamison, MG, and Dekker, G. "Circulating angiogenic factors and abnormal uterine artery Doppler velocimetry in the second trimester." Hypertens Pregnancy 25, no. 3 (2006): 183-192.
James, AH, Bushnell, CD, Jamison, MG, and Myers, ER. "Incidence and Risk Factors for Stroke in Pregnancy and the Puerperium." Obstetrical & Gynecological Survey 61, no. 1 (January 2006): 4-5.
James, AH, Bushnell, CD, Jamison, MG, and Myers, ER. "Incidence and risk factors for stroke in pregnancy and the puerperium." Obstet Gynecol 106, no. 3 (September 2005): 509-516.