James, AH, Jamison, MG, Biswas, MS, Brancazio, LR, Swamy, GK, and Myers, ER. "Acute myocardial infarction in pregnancy: a United States population-based study." Circulation 113, no. 12 (March 28, 2006): 1564-1571.
Andra Hohler James, MD
I am an OB-GYN and a specialist in maternal-fetal medicine and high-risk obstetrics. My research and publications pertain mainly to the care of women with blood disorders (thrombosis and thrombophilia), bleeding disorders (including von Willebrand disease), platelet disorders (including ITP), and sickle cell disease.
Education and Training
- Associate, Obstetrics And Gynecology, Duke University, 1997 - 2000
- Resident, Obstetrics & Gynecology, North Carolina Memorial Hospital, 1993 - 1997
- M.D., University of Virginia, 1993
- M.P.H., Johns Hopkins University, 1977
Selected Grants and Awards
- A Multicenter Study on the Retrospective Safety and Efficacy of Fibrinogen Concentrate (Human) (FCH) for Routine Prophylaxis,
- Thrombosis and Hemostasis Centers Research and Prevention Network
- Integrated Program for Persons with Hemostatic Disorders
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Risk Group
- CDC Menorrhagia Treatment Study
- CDC PO- IUGR Study
James, A, Brancazio, L, and Ortel, T. "Thrombophilia in Pregnancy: Maternal and Fetal Implications." Current Women's Health Reviews 2, no. 1 (February 1, 2006): 51-59.
James, AH. "Von Willebrand disease." OBSTETRICAL & GYNECOLOGICAL SURVEY 61, no. 2 (February 2006): 136-145.
James, AH, Abel, DE, and Brancazio, LR. "Anticoagulants in pregnancy." Obstet Gynecol Surv 61, no. 1 (January 2006): 59-69. (Review)
Muller, PR, James, AH, Murtha, AP, Yonish, B, Jamison, MG, and Dekker, G. "Circulating angiogenic factors and abnormal uterine artery Doppler velocimetry in the second trimester." Hypertens Pregnancy 25, no. 3 (2006): 183-192.
James, AH, Bushnell, CD, Jamison, MG, and Myers, ER. "Incidence and Risk Factors for Stroke in Pregnancy and the Puerperium." Obstetrical & Gynecological Survey 61, no. 1 (January 2006): 4-5.
James, AH, Bushnell, CD, Jamison, MG, and Myers, ER. "Incidence and risk factors for stroke in pregnancy and the puerperium." Obstet Gynecol 106, no. 3 (September 2005): 509-516.
James, AH. "More than menorrhagia: a review of the obstetric and gynaecological manifestations of bleeding disorders." HAEMOPHILIA 11, no. 4 (July 2005): 295-307.
James, AH, Tapson, VF, and Goldhaber, SZ. "Thrombosis during pregnancy and the postpartum period." Am J Obstet Gynecol 193, no. 1 (July 2005): 216-219.
James, AH, Brancazio, LR, and Ortel, TL. "Thrombosis, thrombophilia, and thromboprophylaxis in pregnancy." Clinical advances in hematology & oncology : H&O 3, no. 3 (March 2005): 187-197. (Academic Article)