Bushnell, CD, James, AH, Jamison, M, and Myers, ER. "Peripartum stroke: Incidence, mortality, and outcomes." February 2005.
Andra Hohler James, MD
Hemostasis and thrombosis related to maternal and fetal outcomes of pregnancy.
Education and Training
- Associate, Obstetrics And Gynecology, Duke University, 1997 - 2000
- Resident, Obstetrics & Gynecology, North Carolina Memorial Hospital, 1993 - 1997
- M.D., University of Virginia, 1993
- M.P.H., Johns Hopkins University, 1977
Selected Grants and Awards
- Transfusion Medicine and Hematology
- A Multicenter Study on the Retrospective Safety and Efficacy of Fibrinogen Concentrate (Human) (FCH) for Routine Prophylaxis,
- Thrombosis and Hemostasis Centers Research and Prevention Network
- Integrated Program for Persons with Hemostatic Disorders
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Risk Group
- CDC Menorrhagia Treatment Study
- CDC PO- IUGR Study
James, AH, and Brancazio, LR. "Prenatal screening for thrombophilia: the background and the approach." Gynecol Obstet Invest 60, no. 1 (2005): 47-57. (Review)
Ellestad, SC, Shelton, S, and James, AH. "Prenatal diagnosis of a trauma-related fetal epidural hematoma." Obstet Gynecol 104, no. 6 (December 2004): 1298-1300.
James, AH, Lukes, AS, Brancazio, LR, Thames, E, and Ortel, TL. "Use of a new platelet function analyzer to detect von Willebrand disease in women with menorrhagia." Am J Obstet Gynecol 191, no. 2 (August 2004): 449-455.
Jones, MR, James, AH, Jamison, M, and Murtha, AP. "Maternal sickle trait is not associated with a decrease in birth weight." December 2003.
James, AH, Goldhaber, SZ, and Tapson, VF. "Incidence, characteristics, and treatment of DVT in pregnant and postpartum women from the DVT FREE registry." November 16, 2003.
Abel, DE, Hertzberg, BS, and James, AH. "Antenatal sonographic diagnosis of isolated bilateral fibular hemimelia." J Ultrasound Med 21, no. 7 (July 2002): 811-815.
McMahon, MJ, and James, AH. "Combined deficiency of factors II, VII, IX, and X (Borgschulte-Grigsby deficiency) in pregnancy." OBSTETRICS AND GYNECOLOGY 97, no. 5 (May 2001): 808-809.
Zimmerman, SA, Howard, TA, Whorton, MR, Rosse, WF, James, AH, and Ware, RE. "Thrombophilic DNA Mutations As Independent Risk Factors for Stroke and Avascular Necrosis in Sickle Cell Anemia." Hematology (Amsterdam, Netherlands) 6, no. 5 (January 2001): 347-353.
Ortel, TL, James, AH, Thames, EH, Moore, KD, and Greenberg, CS. "Assessment of primary hemostasis by PFA-100 analysis in a tertiary care center." Thromb Haemost 84, no. 1 (July 2000): 93-97.