Ahmadzia, Homa K., Jaclyn M. Phillips, Quinton S. Katler, and Andra H. James. “Tranexamic Acid for Prevention and Treatment of Postpartum Hemorrhage: An Update on Management and Clinical Outcomes.” Obstet Gynecol Surv 73, no. 10 (October 2018): 587–94. https://doi.org/10.1097/OGX.0000000000000597.
Andra Hohler James, MD
I am an OB-GYN and a specialist in maternal-fetal medicine and high-risk obstetrics. My research and publications pertain mainly to the care of women with blood disorders (thrombosis and thrombophilia), bleeding disorders (including von Willebrand disease), platelet disorders (including ITP), and sickle cell disease.
Education and Training
- Associate, Obstetrics And Gynecology, Duke University, 1997 - 2000
- Resident, Obstetrics & Gynecology, North Carolina Memorial Hospital, 1993 - 1997
- M.D., University of Virginia, 1993
- M.P.H., Johns Hopkins University, 1977
Selected Grants and Awards
- Transfusion Medicine and Hematology
- Preventing venous thromboembolism following cesarean delivery: building evidence to inform practice
- A Multicenter Study on the Retrospective Safety and Efficacy of Fibrinogen Concentrate (Human) (FCH) for Routine Prophylaxis, Treatment of Bleeding or Surgery in Subjects with Congenital Fibrinogen Deficiency with a Prospective Followup Component
- Thrombosis and Hemostasis Centers Research and Prevention Network
- Integrated Program for Persons with Hemostatic Disorders
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Risk Group
- CDC Menorrhagia Treatment Study
- CDC PO- IUGR Study
Asare, Eugenia Vicky, Edeghonghon Olayemi, Theodore Boafor, Yvonne Dei-Adomakoh, Enoch Mensah, Yvonne Osei-Bonsu, Selina Crabbe, et al. “A case series describing causes of death in pregnant women with sickle cell disease in a low-resource setting.” Am J Hematol 93, no. 7 (July 2018): E167–70. https://doi.org/10.1002/ajh.25115.
Swartz, Richard H., Noor Niyar N. Ladhani, Norine Foley, Kara Nerenberg, Simerpreet Bal, Jon Barrett, Cheryl Bushnell, et al. “Canadian stroke best practice consensus statement: Secondary stroke prevention during pregnancy.” Int J Stroke 13, no. 4 (June 2018): 406–19. https://doi.org/10.1177/1747493017743801.