Limmer, JS, Grotegut, CA, Thames, E, Dotters-Katz, SK, Brancazio, LR, and James, AH. "Postpartum wound and bleeding complications in women who received peripartum anticoagulation." Thrombosis research 132, no. 1 (July 2013): e19-e23.
Andra Hohler James, MD
I am an OB-GYN and a specialist in maternal-fetal medicine and high-risk obstetrics. My research and publications pertain mainly to the care of women with blood disorders (thrombosis and thrombophilia), bleeding disorders (including von Willebrand disease), platelet disorders (including ITP), and sickle cell disease.
Education and Training
- Associate, Obstetrics And Gynecology, Duke University, 1997 - 2000
- Resident, Obstetrics & Gynecology, North Carolina Memorial Hospital, 1993 - 1997
- M.D., University of Virginia, 1993
- M.P.H., Johns Hopkins University, 1977
Selected Grants and Awards
- Transfusion Medicine and Hematology
- A Multicenter Study on the Retrospective Safety and Efficacy of Fibrinogen Concentrate (Human) (FCH) for Routine Prophylaxis,
- Thrombosis and Hemostasis Centers Research and Prevention Network
- Integrated Program for Persons with Hemostatic Disorders
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Risk Group
- CDC Menorrhagia Treatment Study
- CDC PO- IUGR Study
Ortel, TL, Kitchens, CS, Erkan, D, Brandão, LR, Hahn, S, James, AH, Kulkarni, R, Manco-Johnson, MJ, Pericak-Vance, M, and Vance, J. "Clinical causes and treatment of the thrombotic storm." Expert review of hematology 5, no. 6 (December 1, 2012): 653-659. (Review)
Fletcher, S, Grotegut, CA, and James, AH. "Lochia patterns among normal women: a systematic review." J Womens Health (Larchmt) 21, no. 12 (December 2012): 1290-1294. (Review)
James, AH, and Nazzaro, AM. "Bleeding disorders: Impact on reproduction." Contemporary Ob/Gyn 57, no. 7 (October 26, 2012): 32-39.
James, AH. "Prevention and Treatment of Venous Thromboembolism in Pregnancy." CLINICAL OBSTETRICS AND GYNECOLOGY 55, no. 3 (September 2012): 774-787.
James, AH, and Nazzaro, AM. "Reproduction and hemostasis and coagulation disorders." Giornale Italiano di Ostetricia e Ginecologia 34, no. 5 (September 1, 2012): 503-508. (Review)
Okoroh, EM, Azonobi, IC, Grosse, SD, Grant, AM, Atrash, HK, and James, AH. "Prevention of Venous Thromboembolism in Pregnancy: A Review of Guidelines, 2000-2011." JOURNAL OF WOMENS HEALTH 21, no. 6 (June 2012): 611-615.
James, AH, Patil, A, Shah, N, Thames, B, and Paidas, M. "Antithrombin Levels Are Significantly Lower During Pregnancy." AMERICAN JOURNAL OF HEMATOLOGY 87 (May 2012): S193-S193.
Shah, NR, Ortel, T, Thames, E, and James, AH. "Changes in Thrombin Generation During Pregnancy as Measured by Computerized Automated Thrombography (Cat)." AMERICAN JOURNAL OF HEMATOLOGY 87 (May 2012): S170-S170.
James, AH, Shah, N, Thames, B, and Paidas, M. "Consumption of Antithrombin at Delivery." AMERICAN JOURNAL OF HEMATOLOGY 87 (May 2012): S168-S168.