Ragni, M. V., N. Machin, L. M. Malec, A. H. James, C. M. Kessler, B. A. Konkle, P. A. Kouides, A. T. Neff, C. S. Philipp, and D. J. Brambilla. “Von Willebrand factor for menorrhagia: a survey and literature review.” Haemophilia 22, no. 3 (May 2016): 397–402. https://doi.org/10.1111/hae.12898.
Andra Hohler James, MD
I am an OB-GYN and a specialist in maternal-fetal medicine and high-risk obstetrics. My research and publications pertain mainly to the care of women with blood disorders (thrombosis and thrombophilia), bleeding disorders (including von Willebrand disease), platelet disorders (including ITP), and sickle cell disease.
Education and Training
- Associate, Obstetrics And Gynecology, Duke University, 1997 - 2000
- Resident, Obstetrics & Gynecology, North Carolina Memorial Hospital, 1993 - 1997
- M.D., University of Virginia, 1993
- M.P.H., Johns Hopkins University, 1977
Selected Grants and Awards
- Transfusion Medicine and Hematology
- Preventing venous thromboembolism following cesarean delivery: building evidence to inform practice
- A Multicenter Study on the Retrospective Safety and Efficacy of Fibrinogen Concentrate (Human) (FCH) for Routine Prophylaxis, Treatment of Bleeding or Surgery in Subjects with Congenital Fibrinogen Deficiency with a Prospective Followup Component
- Thrombosis and Hemostasis Centers Research and Prevention Network
- Integrated Program for Persons with Hemostatic Disorders
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Risk Group
- CDC Menorrhagia Treatment Study
- CDC PO- IUGR Study
Paidas, Michael J., Elizabeth W. Triche, Andra H. James, Maria DeSancho, Christopher Robinson, John Lazarchick, Sara Ornaghi, and Johan Frieling. “Recombinant Human Antithrombin in Pregnant Patients with Hereditary Antithrombin Deficiency: Integrated Analysis of Clinical Data.” Am J Perinatol 33, no. 4 (March 2016): 343–49. https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0035-1564423.
Hill, CC, Lockhart, EL, Thames, E, Paglia, MJ, Small, MJ, James, AH, and Grotegut, CA. "Comparison of the Trends in Risk Factors and Management of Severe Postpartum Hemorrhage Years 2000-2004 Versus 2005-2008." JOURNAL OF REPRODUCTIVE MEDICINE 61, no. 7-8 (2016): 320-326.
Grotegut, Chad A., Christian A. Chisholm, Lauren N. C. Johnson, Haywood L. Brown, R Phillips Heine, and Andra H. James. “Correction: Medical and Obstetric Complications among Pregnant Women Aged 45 and Older.” Plos One 11, no. 3 (2016): e0151307. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0151307.
Thompson, Jennifer L., Elena V. Kuklina, Brian T. Bateman, William M. Callaghan, Andra H. James, and Chad A. Grotegut. “Medical and Obstetric Outcomes Among Pregnant Women With Congenital Heart Disease.” Obstet Gynecol 126, no. 2 (August 2015): 346–54. https://doi.org/10.1097/AOG.0000000000000973.
James, A. H. “Management of reproductive hemorrhagic complications.” Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis 13 (June 1, 2015): 58–59.
Dotters-Katz, SK, James, AH, Gardner, C, Grotegut, C, Colton, K, and Jaffe, TA. "Origin, incidence, and management of nongynecologic pelvic masses seen on cross-sectional imaging." Journal of Reproductive Medicine 60, no. 3 (June 1, 2015): 187-193.