Dotters-Katz, Sarah K., Andra H. James, Carly Gardner, Chad Grotegut, Katharine Colton, and Tracy A. Jaffe. “Origin, Incidence, and Management of Nongynecologic Pelvic Masses Seen on Cross-sectional Imaging.” J Reprod Med 60, no. 5–6 (May 2015): 187–93.
Andra Hohler James, MD
I am an OB-GYN and a specialist in maternal-fetal medicine and high-risk obstetrics. My research and publications pertain mainly to the care of women with blood disorders (thrombosis and thrombophilia), bleeding disorders (including von Willebrand disease), platelet disorders (including ITP), and sickle cell disease.
Education and Training
- Associate, Obstetrics And Gynecology, Duke University, 1997 - 2000
- Resident, Obstetrics & Gynecology, North Carolina Memorial Hospital, 1993 - 1997
- M.D., University of Virginia, 1993
- M.P.H., Johns Hopkins University, 1977
Selected Grants and Awards
- Transfusion Medicine and Hematology
- Preventing venous thromboembolism following cesarean delivery: building evidence to inform practice
- A Multicenter Study on the Retrospective Safety and Efficacy of Fibrinogen Concentrate (Human) (FCH) for Routine Prophylaxis, Treatment of Bleeding or Surgery in Subjects with Congenital Fibrinogen Deficiency with a Prospective Followup Component
- Thrombosis and Hemostasis Centers Research and Prevention Network
- Integrated Program for Persons with Hemostatic Disorders
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Risk Group
- CDC Menorrhagia Treatment Study
- CDC PO- IUGR Study
Savage, William J., George R. Buchanan, Barbara P. Yawn, Araba N. Afenyi-Annan, Samir K. Ballas, Jonathan C. Goldsmith, Kathryn L. Hassell, et al. “Evidence gaps in the management of sickle cell disease: A summary of needed research.” Am J Hematol 90, no. 4 (April 2015): 273–75. https://doi.org/10.1002/ajh.23945.
Abdul-Kadir, R., C. McLintock, A. S. Ducloy, H. El-Refaey, A. England, A. B. Federici, C. A. Grotegut, et al. “Erratum: Evaluation and management of postpartum hemorrhage: Consensus from an international expert panel (Transfusion (2014) 54 (1756-1768)).” Transfusion 55, no. 3 (January 1, 2015): 691. https://doi.org/10.1111/trf.13042.
Savage, WJ, Buchanan, GR, Yawn, BP, Afenyi-Annan, AN, Ballas, SK, Goldsmith, JC, Hassell, KL, James, AH, John-Sowah, J, Jordan, L, Lottenberg, R, Murad, MH, Ortiz, E, Tanabe, PJ, Ware, RE, and Lanzkron, SM. "Evidence gaps in the management of sickle cell disease: A summary of needed research." American Journal of Hematology 90, no. 4 (January 1, 2015): 273-275.
James, Andra H., David L. Cooper, and Michael J. Paidas. “Hemostatic assessment, treatment strategies, and hematology consultation in massive postpartum hemorrhage: results of a quantitative survey of obstetrician-gynecologists.” Int J Womens Health 7 (2015): 873–81. https://doi.org/10.2147/IJWH.S89573.
Rodger, Marc A., Penny Phillips, Susan R. Kahn, Andra H. James, Barbara A. Konkle, and Barbara A. PROSPER Investigators. “Low-molecular-weight heparin to prevent postpartum venous thromboembolism. A pilot randomised placebo-controlled trial.” Thromb Haemost 113, no. 1 (January 2015): 212–16. https://doi.org/10.1160/TH14-06-0485.
Patel, EM, Swamy, GK, Heine, RP, Kuller, JA, James, AH, and Grotegut, CA. "Medical and obstetric complications among pregnant women with cystic fibrosis." American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 212, no. 1 (January 1, 2015): 98e1-98e9.