Smrtka, MP, Thames, B, Beckman, M, Rajgor, D, Gandhi, M, and James, AH. "Obesity-related Coagulation Changes in Pregnancy." THROMBOSIS RESEARCH 129, no. 2 (February 2012): 204-206.
Andra Hohler James, MD
Hemostasis and thrombosis related to maternal and fetal outcomes of pregnancy.
Education and Training
- Associate, Obstetrics And Gynecology, Duke University, 1997 - 2000
- Resident, Obstetrics & Gynecology, North Carolina Memorial Hospital, 1993 - 1997
- M.D., University of Virginia, 1993
- M.P.H., Johns Hopkins University, 1977
Selected Grants and Awards
- Transfusion Medicine and Hematology
- A Multicenter Study on the Retrospective Safety and Efficacy of Fibrinogen Concentrate (Human) (FCH) for Routine Prophylaxis,
- Thrombosis and Hemostasis Centers Research and Prevention Network
- Integrated Program for Persons with Hemostatic Disorders
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Risk Group
- CDC Menorrhagia Treatment Study
- CDC PO- IUGR Study
Paglia, MJ, Grotegut, CA, Johnson, LNC, Thames, B, and James, AH. "Body mass index and severe postpartum hemorrhage." Gynecol Obstet Invest 73, no. 1 (2012): 70-74.
Gardner, CS, Patil, AS, Miller, CM, James, AH, and Jaffe, TA. "Cancer in pregnancy: Cross-sectional oncologic imaging utilization at a tertiary care center with an algorithmic approach to imaging." Clinical Imaging 36, no. 6 (2012): 780-790.
Ortel, TL, Kitchens, CS, Erkan, D, Brandão, LR, Hahn, S, James, AH, Kulkarni, R, Manco-Johnson, MJ, Pericak-Vance, M, and Vance, J. "Clinical causes and treatment of the thrombotic storm." Expert Review of Hematology 5, no. 6 (2012): 553-559.
James, AH, McLintock, C, and Lockhart, E. "Postpartum hemorrhage: When uterotonics and sutures fail." American Journal of Hematology 87, no. SUPPL. 1 (2012): S16-S22.
Rhee, E, Beiswenger, T, Oguejiofor, CE, and James, AH. "The effects of magnesium sulfate on maternal and fetal platelet aggregation." Journal of Maternal-Fetal and Neonatal Medicine 25, no. 5 (2012): 478-483.
Grosse, SD, James, AH, Lloyd-Puryear, MA, and Atrash, HK. "A Public Health Framework for Rare Blood Disorders." AMERICAN JOURNAL OF PREVENTIVE MEDICINE 41, no. 6 (December 2011): S319-S323.
Metjian, A, Thames, E, Ortel, TL, and James, AH. "Referral Patterns and Outcomes for Women with for Recurrent Pregnancy Loss Managed At a Multidisciplinary Thrombosis Program." November 18, 2011.
James, AH, Kouides, P, Konkle, BA, and Philipp, CS. "Transient Decrease in Factor VIII Following Delivery: Clearance or Consumption?." November 18, 2011.
Ortel, TL, Beecham, G, Hedges, D, Whitehead, P, Beecham, A, Hahn, S, Lawson, JW, Erkan, D, Brandao, LR, James, AH, Manco-Johnson, MJ, Kulkarni, R, Kitchens, CS, Pericak-Vance, M, and Vance, JM. "Whole-Exome Sequencing Identifies Novel Risk Variant for Thrombotic Storm." November 18, 2011.