James, A. H., B. A. Konkle, P. Kouides, M. V. Ragni, B. Thames, S. Gupta, S. Sood, S. K. Fletcher, and C. S. Philipp. “Postpartum von Willebrand factor levels in women with and without von Willebrand disease and implications for prophylaxis.” Haemophilia 21, no. 1 (January 2015): 81–87. https://doi.org/10.1111/hae.12568.
Andra Hohler James, MD
I am an OB-GYN and a specialist in maternal-fetal medicine and high-risk obstetrics. My research and publications pertain mainly to the care of women with blood disorders (thrombosis and thrombophilia), bleeding disorders (including von Willebrand disease), platelet disorders (including ITP), and sickle cell disease.
Education and Training
- Associate, Obstetrics And Gynecology, Duke University, 1997 - 2000
- Resident, Obstetrics & Gynecology, North Carolina Memorial Hospital, 1993 - 1997
- M.D., University of Virginia, 1993
- M.P.H., Johns Hopkins University, 1977
Selected Grants and Awards
- Transfusion Medicine and Hematology
- Preventing venous thromboembolism following cesarean delivery: building evidence to inform practice
- A Multicenter Study on the Retrospective Safety and Efficacy of Fibrinogen Concentrate (Human) (FCH) for Routine Prophylaxis, Treatment of Bleeding or Surgery in Subjects with Congenital Fibrinogen Deficiency with a Prospective Followup Component
- Thrombosis and Hemostasis Centers Research and Prevention Network
- Integrated Program for Persons with Hemostatic Disorders
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Risk Group
- CDC Menorrhagia Treatment Study
- CDC PO- IUGR Study
Chisholm, C. A., Andra James, and J. Ferguson. “Thromboembolic Disorders.” In Manual of Obstetrics, edited by A. Evans. Philadelphia: Lppincott, Williams and Wilkins, 2015.
Grotegut, C. A., E. V. Kuklina, K. J. Anstrom, R. P. Heine, W. M. Callaghan, E. R. Myers, and A. H. James. “Factors associated with the change in prevalence of cardiomyopathy at delivery in the period 2000-2009: a population-based prevalence study.” Bjog 121, no. 11 (October 2014): 1386–94. https://doi.org/10.1111/1471-0528.12726.
Reddick, Keisha L. B., Michael P. Smrtka, Chad A. Grotegut, Andra H. James, Leo R. Brancazio, and Geeta K. Swamy. “The effects of intermittent pneumatic compression during cesarean delivery on fibrinolysis.” Am J Perinatol 31, no. 9 (October 2014): 735–40. https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0033-1359720.
Yawn, Barbara P., George R. Buchanan, Araba N. Afenyi-Annan, Samir K. Ballas, Kathryn L. Hassell, Andra H. James, Lanetta Jordan, et al. “Management of sickle cell disease: summary of the 2014 evidence-based report by expert panel members.” Jama 312, no. 10 (September 10, 2014): 1033–48. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2014.10517.
Abdul-Kadir, Rezan, Claire McLintock, Anne-Sophie Ducloy, Hazem El-Refaey, Adrian England, Augusto B. Federici, Chad A. Grotegut, et al. “Evaluation and management of postpartum hemorrhage: consensus from an international expert panel.” Transfusion 54, no. 7 (July 2014): 1756–68. https://doi.org/10.1111/trf.12550.
Dotters-Katz, S. K., Andra James, and Tracy Jaffe. “Paratubal/Paraovarian Masses: A Study of Surgical and Non-Surgical Outcomes.” Medical Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 2, no. 1 (January 5, 2014).
Philipp, Claire S., Ambarina S. Faiz, Michele G. Beckman, Althea Grant, Paula L. Bockenstedt, John A. Heit, Andra H. James, et al. “Differences in thrombotic risk factors in black and white women with adverse pregnancy outcome.” Thromb Res 133, no. 1 (January 2014): 108–11. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.thromres.2013.10.035.
Abdul-Kadir, R, McLintock, C, Ducloy, AS, El-Refaey, H, England, A, Federici, AB, Grotegut, CA, Halimeh, S, Herman, JH, Hofer, S, James, AH, Kouides, PA, Paidas, MJ, Peyvandi, F, and Winikoff, R. "Evaluation and management of postpartum hemorrhage: Consensus from an international expert panel." Transfusion 54, no. 7 (January 1, 2014): 1756-1768.