Grotegut, CA, Larsen, FW, Jones, MR, and Livingston, E. "Erosion of a B-Lynch suture through the uterine wall: a case report." J Reprod Med 49, no. 10 (October 2004): 849-852.
Chad Aaron Grotegut, MD
Desensitization of the oxytocin receptor as an etiology for dysfunction labor and post-partum hemorrhage. The molecular mechanisms of preeclampsia and the protective role of cigarette smoke exposure.
Education and Training
- Obstetrics & Gynecology, Maternal Fetal Medicine, Duke University, 2006 - 2009
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Duke University, 1999 - 2003
- M.D., Temple University, 1999
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Maternal-Fetal Medicine
Dr. Grotegut conducts both basic science/laboratory research, as well as participate in running clinical studies. His laboratory research interests primarily focus on the hormone oxytocin and in understanding the mechanisms of uterine contractility. This work is translated then to the clinical care of women through studies dedicated to understanding normal and abnormal labor. In addition to his work in labor, he is involved in understanding the role that medical conditions and complications have in pregnancy outcomes.
Selected Grants and Awards
- Cellular and Molecular Systems Biology of Preterm Birth
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea Screening in Pregnant Women with Chronic Hypertension
- Pharmacokinetic and pharmacogenomics approach to indomethacin therapy in pregnancy
- Role of GRK6-Mediated Oxytocin Receptor Desensitization in Labor
Panganamamula, UR, Harmanli, OH, Isik-Akbay, EF, Grotegut, CA, Dandolu, V, and Gaughan, JP. "Is prior uterine surgery a risk factor for adenomyosis?." Obstetrics and Gynecology 104, no. 5 (January 1, 2004): 1034-1038.
Abel, DE, and Grotegut, CA. "King syndrome in pregnancy." OBSTETRICS AND GYNECOLOGY 101, no. 5 (May 2003): 1146-1149.
Abel, DE, and Grotegut, CA. "King syndrome in pregnancy." Obstetrics and Gynecology 101, no. 5 SUPPL. (May 1, 2003): 1146-1149.
Abel, DE, and Grotegut, CA. "King syndrome in pregnancy." Obstet Gynecol 101, no. 5 Pt 2 (May 2003): 1146-1149.
Fernandez, EJ, Grotegut, CA, Braun, GW, Kirschner, KJ, Staudaher, JR, Dickson, ML, and Fernandez, VL. "The effects of permeability heterogeneity on miscible viscous fingering: A three‐dimensional magnetic resonance imaging analysis." Physics of Fluids 7, no. 3 (March 1995): 468-477.