Amundsen, CL, and PreudʼHomme, XA. "In Search of More Sleep." Obstetrics and gynecology 131, no. 2 (February 2018): 201-203.
Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evalaution of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee, Memphis, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Duke KURe Program
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Combination Therapy in the Treatment of Urge Urinary Incontinence: A Randomized, Placebo Controlled Trial
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Komesu, YM, Amundsen, CL, Richter, HE, Erickson, SW, Ackenbom, MF, Andy, UU, Sung, VW, Albo, M, Gregory, WT, Paraiso, MF, Wallace, D, and Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Pelvic Floor Disorders Network, . "Refractory urgency urinary incontinence treatment in women: impact of age on outcomes and complications." American journal of obstetrics and gynecology 218, no. 1 (January 2018): 111.e1-111.e9.
Richter, HE, Amundsen, CL, Erickson, SW, Jelovsek, JE, Komesu, Y, Chermansky, C, Harvie, HS, Albo, M, Myers, D, Gregory, WT, and Wallace, D. "Characteristics Associated with Treatment Response and Satisfaction in Women Undergoing OnabotulinumtoxinA and Sacral Neuromodulation for Refractory Urgency Urinary Incontinence." Obstetrical and Gynecological Survey 72, no. 12 (December 1, 2017): 709-711.
Meekins, AR, Siddiqui, NY, Amundsen, CL, Kuchibhatla, M, and Dieter, AA. "Improving Postoperative Efficiency: An Algorithm for Expedited Void Trials After Urogynecologic Surgery." Southern medical journal 110, no. 12 (December 2017): 785-790.
McGee, MJ, Swan, BD, Danziger, ZC, Amundsen, CL, and Grill, WM. "Multiple Reflex Pathways Contribute to Bladder Activation by Intraurethral Stimulation in Persons With Spinal Cord Injury." Urology 109 (November 2017): 210-215.
Weidner, AC, Barber, MD, Markland, A, Rahn, DD, Hsu, Y, Mueller, ER, Jakus-Waldman, S, Dyer, KY, Warren, LK, Gantz, MG, and Meikle, S. "Perioperative Behavioral Therapy and Pelvic Muscle Strengthening Do Not Enhance Quality of Life After Pelvic Surgery: Secondary Report of a Randomized Controlled Trial." Physical therapy 97, no. 11 (November 2017): 1075-1083.
Richter, HE, Amundsen, CL, Erickson, SW, Jelovsek, JE, Komesu, Y, Chermansky, C, Harvie, HS, Albo, M, Myers, D, Gregory, WT, Wallace, D, and NICHD Pelvic Floor Disorders Network, . "Characteristics Associated with Treatment Response and Satisfaction in Women Undergoing OnabotulinumtoxinA and Sacral Neuromodulation for Refractory Urgency Urinary Incontinence." The Journal of urology 198, no. 4 (October 2017): 890-896.
Bradley, MS, Bickhaus, JA, and Amundsen, CL. "Vaginal repair of a vesicocervical fistula after labored-cesarean delivery without concomitant hysterectomy." International urogynecology journal 28, no. 10 (October 2017): 1603-1604.
Bradley, MS, Bickhaus, JA, Amundsen, CL, Newcomb, LK, Truong, T, Weidner, AC, and Siddiqui, NY. "Vaginal Uterosacral Ligament Suspension: A Retrospective Cohort of Absorbable and Permanent Suture Groups." Female pelvic medicine & reconstructive surgery (June 27, 2017).
Polin, MR, Kawasaki, A, Amundsen, CL, Weidner, AC, and Siddiqui, NY. "Do Mixed-Flora Preoperative Urine Cultures Matter?." Southern medical journal 110, no. 6 (June 2017): 426-429.