Nobuhara, Chloe K., W Michael Bullock, Thomas Bunning, Brian Colin, Mary Cooter, Michael J. Devinney, Michael N. Ferrandino, et al. “A protocol to reduce self-reported pain scores and adverse events following lumbar punctures in older adults.” J Neurol 267, no. 7 (July 2020): 2002–6. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00415-020-09797-1.
Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evaluation of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
- Evaluation of the urinary microbiome as it relates to recurrent urinary tract infections and lower urinary tract symptoms
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee Health Science Center, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke Women's Reproductive Health Research Scholars
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- AUGS/DUKE Urogynecology Clinical Research Educational Scientist Training (UrogynCREST) Program
- Predicting Urinary Continence Status with Sacral Neuromodulation and Botulinum Toxin Treatments
- Duke KURe Program
- Underactive Bladder: Mechanisms and Recovery of Sensation and Function
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Effects of Aging and the Urinary Microbiome on Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections
- Model for Predicting Efficacy of Treatment and Complications in Women after Intradetrusor OnabotulinumtoxinA for Non-Neurogenic Urgency Incontinence"
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Combination Therapy in the Treatment of Urge Urinary Incontinence: A Randomized, Placebo Controlled Trial
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Riccetto, Cássio L. Z. “Editorial Comment: Sacral neuromodulation versus onabotulinumtoxinA for refractory urgency urinary incontinence: impact on fecal incontinence symptoms and sexual function.” Int Braz J Urol 46, no. 4 (July 2020): 671–72. https://doi.org/10.1590/S1677-5538.IBJU.2020.04.13.
Harvie, Heidi S., Cindy L. Amundsen, Simon J. Neuwahl, Amanda A. Honeycutt, Emily S. Lukacz, Vivian W. Sung, Rebecca G. Rogers, et al. “Cost-Effectiveness of Sacral Neuromodulation versus OnabotulinumtoxinA for Refractory Urgency Urinary Incontinence: Results of the ROSETTA Randomized Trial.” J Urol 203, no. 5 (May 2020): 969–77. https://doi.org/10.1097/JU.0000000000000656.
Gill, Bradley, Cindy L. Amundsen, Sonia Thomas, Lindsey Barden, Ariana Smith, Yuko Komesu, and J Eric Jelovsek. “INTRAOPERATIVE PREDICTORS OF SACRAL NEUROMODULATION IMPLANTATION & TREATMENT RESPONSE - RESULTS FROM THE ROSETTA TRIAL.” In Journal of Urology, 203:E1020–21. LIPPINCOTT WILLIAMS & WILKINS, 2020.
Clemens, J Quentin, Jonathan B. Wiseman, Abigail R. Smith, Cindy L. Amundsen, Claire C. Yang, Megan S. Bradley, Ziya Kirkali, Nnenaya Q. Agochukwu, Anne P. Cameron, and Anne P. LURN Study Group. “Prevalence, subtypes, and correlates of nocturia in the symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network cohort.” Neurourol Urodyn 39, no. 4 (April 2020): 1098–1107. https://doi.org/10.1002/nau.24338.
Meyer, Isuzu, Ryan E. Whitworth, Emily S. Lukacz, Ariana L. Smith, Vivian W. Sung, Anthony G. Visco, Mary F. Ackenbom, et al. “Outcomes of native tissue transvaginal apical approaches in women with advanced pelvic organ prolapse and stress urinary incontinence.” Int Urogynecol J, March 7, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00192-020-04271-y.
Erekson, Elisabeth, Shawn Menefee, Ryan E. Whitworth, Cindy L. Amundsen, Lily A. Arya, Yuko M. Komesu, Cecile A. Ferrando, et al. “The Design of a Prospective Trial to Evaluate the Role of Preoperative Frailty Assessment in Older Women Undergoing Surgery for the Treatment of Pelvic Organ Prolapse: The FASt Supplemental Trial.” Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery, January 25, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1097/spv.0000000000000833.
Amundsen, Cindy L., Margaret E. Helmuth, Abigail R. Smith, John O. L. DeLancey, Catherine S. Bradley, Kathryn E. Flynn, Kimberly S. Kenton, et al. “Longitudinal changes in symptom-based female and male LUTS clusters.” Neurourol Urodyn 39, no. 1 (January 2020): 393–402. https://doi.org/10.1002/nau.24219.