Richter, HE, Amundsen, CL, Erickson, SW, Jelovsek, JE, Komesu, Y, Chermansky, C, Harvie, HS, Albo, M, Myers, D, Gregory, WT, Wallace, D, and NICHD Pelvic Floor Disorders Network, . "Characteristics Associated with Treatment Response and Satisfaction in Women Undergoing OnabotulinumtoxinA and Sacral Neuromodulation for Refractory Urgency Urinary Incontinence." The Journal of urology 198, no. 4 (October 2017): 890-896.
Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evalaution of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee, Memphis, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Duke KURe Program
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Bradley, MS, Bickhaus, JA, and Amundsen, CL. "Vaginal repair of a vesicocervical fistula after labored-cesarean delivery without concomitant hysterectomy." International urogynecology journal 28, no. 10 (October 2017): 1603-1604.
Polin, MR, Kawasaki, A, Amundsen, CL, Weidner, AC, and Siddiqui, NY. "Do Mixed-Flora Preoperative Urine Cultures Matter?." Southern medical journal 110, no. 6 (June 2017): 426-429.
Richter, HE, Moalli, P, Amundsen, CL, Malykhina, AP, Wallace, D, Rogers, R, Myers, D, Paraiso, M, Albo, M, Shi, H, Nolen, T, Meikle, S, Word, RA, and Pelvic Floor Disorders Network, . "Urinary Biomarkers in Women with Refractory Urgency Urinary Incontinence Randomized to Sacral Neuromodulation versus OnabotulinumtoxinA Compared to Controls." The Journal of urology 197, no. 6 (June 2017): 1487-1495.
Amundsen, CL, Richter, HE, Wallace, D, and Pelvic Floor Disorders Network, . "OnabotulinumtoxinA vs Sacral Neuromodulation for Urgency Incontinence-Reply." JAMA 317, no. 5 (February 2017): 535-536. (Letter)
Bradley, MS, Burke, E, Grenier, C, Amundsen, CL, Murphy, S, and Siddiqui, NY. "URINARY METHYLATION PATTERNS IN WOMEN WITH INTERSTITIAL CYSTITIS/BLADDER PAIN SYNDROME." February 2017.
Losada, L, Amundsen, CL, Ashton-Miller, J, Chai, T, Close, C, Damaser, M, DiSanto, M, Dmochowski, R, Fraser, MO, Kielb, SJ, Kuchel, G, Mueller, ER, Parker-Autry, C, Wolfe, AJ, and Mallampalli, MP. "Expert Panel Recommendations on Lower Urinary Tract Health of Women Across Their Life Span." Journal of women's health (2002) 25, no. 11 (November 2016): 1086-1096.
Sung, VW, Borello-France, D, Dunivan, G, Gantz, M, Lukacz, ES, Moalli, P, Newman, DK, Richter, HE, Ridgeway, B, Smith, AL, Weidner, AC, Meikle, S, and Pelvic Floor Disorders Network, . "Methods for a multicenter randomized trial for mixed urinary incontinence: rationale and patient-centeredness of the ESTEEM trial." International urogynecology journal 27, no. 10 (October 2016): 1479-1490.
Amundsen, CL, Richter, HE, Menefee, SA, Komesu, YM, Arya, LA, Gregory, WT, Myers, DL, Zyczynski, HM, Vasavada, S, Nolen, TL, Wallace, D, and Meikle, SF. "OnabotulinumtoxinA vs Sacral Neuromodulation on Refractory Urgency Urinary Incontinence in Women: A Randomized Clinical Trial." JAMA 316, no. 13 (October 2016): 1366-1374.
Yang, CC, Weinfurt, KP, Merion, RM, Kirkali, Z, and LURN Study Group, . "Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network." The Journal of urology 196, no. 1 (July 2016): 146-152.