Wu, Jennifer M., Rebekah G. Fulton, Cindy L. Amundsen, Sharon K. Knight, and Miriam Kuppermann. “Patient preferences for different severities of and treatments for overactive bladder.” Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg 17, no. 4 (July 2011): 184–89. https://doi.org/10.1097/SPV.0b013e318223c8ad.
Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evaluation of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
- Evaluation of the urinary microbiome as it relates to recurrent urinary tract infections and lower urinary tract symptoms
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee Health Science Center, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke Women's Reproductive Health Research Scholars
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- AUGS/DUKE Urogynecology Clinical Research Educational Scientist Training (UrogynCREST) Program
- A prospective study to assess the efficacy and safety of the BlueWind RENOVA iStim System in the treatment of patients diagnosed with overactive bladder (OASIS - OverActive bladder StImulation System
- Predicting Urinary Continence Status with Sacral Neuromodulation and Botulinum Toxin Treatments
- Duke KURe Program
- Underactive Bladder: Mechanisms and Recovery of Sensation and Function
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Effects of Aging and the Urinary Microbiome on Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections
- Model for Predicting Efficacy of Treatment and Complications in Women after Intradetrusor OnabotulinumtoxinA for Non-Neurogenic Urgency Incontinence"
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Combination Therapy in the Treatment of Urge Urinary Incontinence: A Randomized, Placebo Controlled Trial
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Yoo, Paul B., Eric E. Horvath, Cindy L. Amundsen, George D. Webster, and Warren M. Grill. “Multiple pudendal sensory pathways reflexly modulate bladder and urethral activity in patients with spinal cord injury.” J Urol 185, no. 2 (February 2011): 737–43. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2010.09.079.
Preud’homme, X. A., C. L. Amundsen, G. D. Webster, W. Jiang, M. Kuchibhatla, and A. D. Krystal. “AUTONOMIC NERVOUS SYSTEM ACTIVITY PRECEDING NOCTURIA IN OLDER ADULTS.” In Sleep, 34:A241–A241. OXFORD UNIV PRESS INC, 2011.
Krystal, Andrew D., Xavier A. Preud’homme, Cindy L. Amundsen, and George D. Webster. “Detrusor overactivity persisting at night and preceding nocturia in patients with overactive bladder syndrome: a nocturnal cystometrogram and polysomnogram study.” J Urol 184, no. 2 (August 2010): 623–28. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2010.03.148.
Horvath, Eric E., Paul B. Yoo, Cindy L. Amundsen, George D. Webster, and Warren M. Grill. “Conditional and continuous electrical stimulation increase cystometric capacity in persons with spinal cord injury.” Neurourol Urodyn 29, no. 3 (March 2010): 401–7. https://doi.org/10.1002/nau.20766.
Preud’homme, X. A., C. L. Amundsen, G. D. Webster, and A. D. Krystal. “MONITORED NIGHTTIME BLADDER FUNCTION: COMPARISONS BETWEEN PATIENTS WITH INSOMNIA AND THOSE WITH OVERACTIVE BLADDER SYNDROME.” Sleep 33 (January 1, 2010): A293–A293.
Krystal, A. D., X. A. Preud’homme, C. L. Amundsen, and G. D. Webster. “NOCTURNAL DETRUSOR OVERACTIVITY IN OVERACTIVE BLADDER SYNDROME: A NOCTURNAL CYSTOMETROGRAPHIC AND POLYSOMNOGRAPHIC STUDY.” Sleep 33 (January 1, 2010): A293–A293.
Preud’homme, X. A., C. L. Amundsen, G. D. Webster, and A. D. Krystal. “SELF-REPORTED SLEEP: HOW DO PATIENTS WITH OAB COMPARE TO INSOMNIACS AND NORMAL SUBJECTS?” Sleep 33 (January 1, 2010): A292–A292.