Lemack, GE, Amundsen, C, Badlani, G, Griebling, T, Peters, K, Rodriguez, L, Singla, A, Smith, C, Sullivan, M, and Te, A. "Highlights From the Combined Society of Urodynamics and Female Urology, and International Society of Pelvic Neuromodulation Annual Meeting." Journal of Urology 177, no. 2 (2007): 691-695.
Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evalaution of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee, Memphis, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke KURe Program
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Effects of Aging and the Urinary Microbiome on Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Combination Therapy in the Treatment of Urge Urinary Incontinence: A Randomized, Placebo Controlled Trial
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Foster, RT, Anoia, EJ, Webster, GD, and Amundsen, CL. "In patients undergoing neuromodulation for intractable urge incontinence a reduction in 24-hr pad weight after the initial test stimulation best predicts long-term patient satisfaction." Neurourol Urodyn 26, no. 2 (2007): 213-217.
Parsons, M, Tissot, W, Cardozo, L, Diokno, A, Amundsen, CL, Coats, AC, and Bladder Diary Research Team, . "Normative bladder diary measurements: night versus day." Neurourol Urodyn 26, no. 4 (2007): 465-473.
South, M, and Amundsen, C. "Overt rectal prolapse following repair of stage IV vaginal vault prolapse." International Urogynecology Journal and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction 18, no. 4 (2007): 471-473.
Borawski, KM, Foster, RT, Webster, GD, and Amundsen, CL. "Predicting implantation with a neuromodulator using two different test stimulation techniques: A prospective randomized study in urge incontinent women." Neurourol Urodyn 26, no. 1 (2007): 14-18.
Yoo, PB, Klein, SM, Grafstein, NH, Horvath, EE, Amundsen, CL, Webster, GD, and Grill, WM. "Pudendal nerve stimulation evokes reflex bladder contractions in persons with chronic spinal cord injury." Neurourol Urodyn 26, no. 7 (2007): 1020-1023.
Amundsen, CL, Parsons, M, Cardozo, L, Vella, M, Webster, GD, and Coats, AC. "Bladder diary volume per void measurements in detrusor overactivity." J Urol 176, no. 6 Pt 1 (December 2006): 2530-2534.
Flynn, MK, Weidner, AC, and Amundsen, CL. "Sensory nerve injury after uterosacral ligament suspension." Am J Obstet Gynecol 195, no. 6 (December 2006): 1869-1872.
Anger, JT, Amundsen, CL, and Webster, GD. "Obstruction after Burch colposuspension: a return to retropubic urethrolysis." Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 17, no. 5 (September 2006): 455-459.
Sherman, ND, and Amundsen, CL. "The current use of neuromodulation for bladder dysfunction." Minerva Ginecol 58, no. 4 (August 2006): 283-293. (Review)