Sherman, ND, Jamison, MG, Webster, GD, and Amundsen, CL. "Sacral neuromodulation for the treatment of refractory urinary urge incontinence after stress incontinence surgery." Am J Obstet Gynecol 193, no. 6 (December 2005): 2083-2087.
Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evalaution of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee, Memphis, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke KURe Program
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Effects of Aging and the Urinary Microbiome on Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Combination Therapy in the Treatment of Urge Urinary Incontinence: A Randomized, Placebo Controlled Trial
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Amundsen, CL, Romero, AA, Jamison, MG, and Webster, GD. "Sacral neuromodulation for intractable urge incontinence: are there factors associated with cure?." Urology 66, no. 4 (October 2005): 746-750.
Drake, NL, Weidner, AC, Webster, GD, and Amundsen, CL. "Patient characteristics and management of dermal allograft extrusions." Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 16, no. 5 (September 2005): 375-377.
Flynn, MK, Webster, GD, and Amundsen, CL. "Abdominal sacral colpopexy with allograft fascia lata: one-year outcomes." American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 192, no. 5 (May 2005): 1496-1500.
Drake, NL, Flynn, MK, Romero, AA, Weidner, AC, and Amundsen, CL. "Nocturnal polyuria in women with overactive bladder symptoms and nocturia." American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 192, no. 5 (May 2005): 1682-1686.
Flynn, MK, Romero, AA, Amundsen, CL, and Weidner, AC. "Vascular anatomy of the presacral space: a fresh tissue cadaver dissection." American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 192, no. 5 (May 2005): 1501-1505.
Peterson, AC, Amundsen, CL, and Webster, GD. "The 1-hour pad test is a valuable tool in the initial evaluation of women with urinary incontinence." Journal of Pelvic Medicine and Surgery 11, no. 5 (2005): 251-256.
Flynn, MK, Webster, GD, and Amundsen, CL. "The effect of botulinum-A toxin on patients with severe urge urinary incontinence." J Urol 172, no. 6 Pt 1 (December 2004): 2316-2320.
Flynn, MK, Peterson, AC, Amundsen, CL, and Webster, GD. "Functional outcomes of primary and secondary repairs of vesicovaginal fistulae via vaginal cuff scar excision." Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 15, no. 6 (November 2004): 394-398.
Romero, AA, Amundsen, CL, Weidner, AC, and Webster, GD. "Transvaginal endoscopic removal of eroded mesh after abdominal sacral colpopexy." Obstet Gynecol 103, no. 5 Pt 2 (May 2004): 1040-1042.