Amundsen, CL, Flynn, BJ, and Webster, GD. "Anatomical correction of vaginal vault prolapse by uterosacral ligament fixation in women who also require a pubovaginal sling." J Urol 169, no. 5 (May 2003): 1770-1774.
Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evalaution of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee, Memphis, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Duke KURe Program
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Sayer, RA, and Amundsen, CL. "Giant pelvic retroperitoneal leiomyoma arising from the rectal wall." Obstet Gynecol 101, no. 5 Pt 2 (May 2003): 1132-1134.
Sayer, RA, and Amundsen, CL. "Giant pelvic retroperitoneal leiomyoma arising from the rectal wall." Obstetrics and Gynecology 101, no. 5 SUPPL. (2003): 1132-1134.
Amundsen, CL, and Webster, GD. "Sacral neuromodulation in an older, urge-incontinent population." Am J Obstet Gynecol 187, no. 6 (December 2002): 1462-1465.
Westney, OL, Lee, JT, McGuire, EJ, Palmer, JL, Cespedes, RD, and Amundsen, CL. "Long-term results of Ingelman-Sundberg denervation procedure for urge incontinence refractory to medical therapy." J Urol 168, no. 3 (September 2002): 1044-1047.
Amundsen, CL, Guralnick, ML, and Webster, GD. "Functional success of vaginal-cuff excision as a technique for transvaginal repair of vesicovaginal fistulae after hysterectomy." Journal of Pelvic Surgery 7, no. 1 (January 1, 2001): 15-18.
Amundsen, CL, Visco, AG, Ruiz, H, and Webster, GD. "Outcome in 104 pubovaginal slings using freeze-dried allograft fascia lata from a single tissue bank." Urology 56, no. 6 Suppl 1 (December 4, 2000): 2-8.
Barber, MD, Visco, AG, Weidner, AC, Amundsen, CL, and Bump, RC. "Bilateral uterosacral ligament vaginal vault suspension with site-specific endopelvic fascia defect repair for treatment of pelvic organ prolapse." Am J Obstet Gynecol 183, no. 6 (December 2000): 1402-1410.
Amundsen, CL, Guralnick, ML, and Webster, GD. "Variations in strategy for the treatment of urethral obstruction after a pubovaginal sling procedure." J Urol 164, no. 2 (August 2000): 434-437.
Westney, OL, Amundsen, CL, and McGuire, EJ. "Bladder endometriosis: conservative management." J Urol 163, no. 6 (June 2000): 1814-1817.