Amundsen, CL, Visco, AG, Ruiz, H, and Webster, GD. "Outcome in 104 pubovaginal slings using freeze-dried allograft fascia lata from a single tissue bank." Urology 56, no. 6 SUPPL. 1 (2000): 2-8.
Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evalaution of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee, Memphis, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Duke KURe Program
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Amundsen, CL, Adie, EM, and McGuire, EJ. "The incidence of uterovaginal prolapse after pubovaginal sling." Journal of Pelvic Surgery 6, no. 1 (January 1, 2000): 20-22.
Amundsen, CL, Guralnick, ML, and Webster, GD. "Use of the martius labial fat pad as an adjunct in the management of urinary fistulae and urethral obstruction following antiincontinence procedures." Journal of Pelvic Surgery 6, no. 6 (January 1, 2000): 310-313.
English, SF, Amundsen, CL, and McGuire, EJ. "Bladder neck competency at rest in women with incontinence." J Urol 161, no. 2 (February 1999): 578-580.
Amundsen, C, Lau, M, English, SF, and McGuire, EJ. "Do urinary symptoms correlate with urodynamic findings?." Journal of Urology 161, no. 6 (1999): 1871-1874.
Leng, WW, Amundsen, CL, and McGuire, EJ. "Management of female genitourinary fistulas: transvesical or transvaginal approach?." J Urol 160, no. 6 Pt 1 (December 1998): 1995-1999.
Cross, CA, English, SF, Cespedes, RD, and McGuire, EJ. "A followup on transurethral collagen injection therapy for urinary incontinence." Journal of Urology 159, no. 1 (1998): 106-108.
Cross, CA, Cespedes, RD, and McGuire, EJ. "Our experience with pubovaginal slings in patients with stress urinary incontinence." Journal of Urology 159, no. 4 (1998): 1195-1198.
Cespedes, RD, Cross, CA, and McGuire, EJ. "Pelvic prolapse: diagnosing and treating cystoceles, rectoceles, and enteroceles." Medscape women's health 3, no. 4 (1998): 4--.
Cespedes, RD, Cross, CA, and McGuire, EJ. "Pelvic prolapse: diagnosing and treating uterine and vaginal vault prolapse." Medscape women's health 3, no. 4 (1998): 3--.