Nager, Charles W., Linda Brubaker, Firouz Daneshgari, Heather J. Litman, Kimberly J. Dandreo, Larry Sirls, Gary E. Lemack, et al. “Design of the Value of Urodynamic Evaluation (ValUE) trial: A non-inferiority randomized trial of preoperative urodynamic investigations.” Contemp Clin Trials 30, no. 6 (November 2009): 531–39. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cct.2009.07.001.
Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evaluation of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
- Evaluation of the urinary microbiome as it relates to recurrent urinary tract infections and lower urinary tract symptoms
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, Division Of Urology, University of Texas Medical School, Houston, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Medical School, Houston, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee Health Science Center, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke Women's Reproductive Health Research Scholars
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- AUGS/DUKE Urogynecology Clinical Research Educational Scientist Training (UrogynCREST) Program
- A prospective study to assess the efficacy and safety of the BlueWind RENOVA iStim System in the treatment of patients diagnosed with overactive bladder (OASIS - OverActive bladder StImulation System
- Predicting Urinary Continence Status with Sacral Neuromodulation and Botulinum Toxin Treatments
- Duke KURe Program - Supplement
- Underactive Bladder: Mechanisms and Recovery of Sensation and Function
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Effects of Aging and the Urinary Microbiome on Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections
- Model for Predicting Efficacy of Treatment and Complications in Women after Intradetrusor OnabotulinumtoxinA for Non-Neurogenic Urgency Incontinence"
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Combination Therapy in the Treatment of Urge Urinary Incontinence: A Randomized, Placebo Controlled Trial
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Flynn, Michael K., Cindy L. Amundsen, MaryAnn Perevich, Fan Liu, and George D. Webster. “Outcome of a randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled trial of botulinum A toxin for refractory overactive bladder.” J Urol 181, no. 6 (June 2009): 2608–15. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2009.01.117.
Wu, Jennifer M., Nazema Y. Siddiqui, Cindy L. Amundsen, Evan R. Myers, Laura J. Havrilesky, and Anthony G. Visco. “Cost-effectiveness of botulinum toxin a versus anticholinergic medications for idiopathic urge incontinence.” J Urol 181, no. 5 (May 2009): 2181–86. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2009.01.037.
South, Mary M. T., Jennifer M. Wu, George D. Webster, Alison C. Weidner, Jennifer J. Roelands, and Cindy L. Amundsen. “Early vs late midline sling lysis results in greater improvement in lower urinary tract symptoms.” Am J Obstet Gynecol 200, no. 5 (May 2009): 564.e1-564.e5. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajog.2008.11.018.
Wei, John, Ingrid Nygaard, Holly Richter, Morton Brown, Matthew Barber, Matthew Xiao Xu, Kimberly Kenton, et al. “Outcomes following vaginal prolapse repair and mid urethral sling (OPUS) trial--design and methods.” Clin Trials 6, no. 2 (April 2009): 162–71. https://doi.org/10.1177/1740774509102605.
Foster, R. T., C. Amundsen, and G. D. Webster. “Complications of Vaginal Surgery,” December 1, 2008, 751–58. https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-1-4160-2339-5.50126-9.
Tissot, William, Cindy L. Amundsen, Ananias C. Diokno, George D. Webster, Alfred C. Coats, and Alfred C. Bladder Diary Research Team. “Bladder diary measurements in asymptomatic males: frequency, volume per void, and 24-hr volume.” Neurourol Urodyn 27, no. 3 (2008): 198–204. https://doi.org/10.1002/nau.20464.
Foster, Raymond T., Kristy M. Borawski, Mary M. South, Alison C. Weidner, George D. Webster, and Cindy L. Amundsen. “A randomized, controlled trial evaluating 2 techniques of postoperative bladder testing after transvaginal surgery.” Am J Obstet Gynecol 197, no. 6 (December 2007): 627.e1-627.e4. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajog.2007.08.017.