Romero, AA, Amundsen, CL, Weidner, AC, and Webster, GD. "Transvaginal endoscopic removal of eroded mesh after abdominal sacral colpopexy." Obstet Gynecol 103, no. 5 Pt 2 (May 2004): 1040-1042.
Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evalaution of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee, Memphis, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke KURe Program
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Effects of Aging and the Urinary Microbiome on Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Combination Therapy in the Treatment of Urge Urinary Incontinence: A Randomized, Placebo Controlled Trial
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Flynn, MK, and Amundsen, CL. "Delayed presentation and successful repair of a recurrent vesicovaginal fistula after hysterectomy and primary abdominal repair." Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 15, no. 1 (January 2004): 53-55.
Flynn, MK, Webster, GD, and Amundsen, CL. "The effect of botulinum-A toxin on patients with severe urge urinary incontinence." Journal of Urology 172, no. 6 I (2004): 2316-2320.
Amundsen, CL, Flynn, BJ, and Webster, GD. "Urethral erosion after synthetic and nonsynthetic pubovaginal slings: differences in management and continence outcome." The Journal of Urology 170, no. 1 (July 2003): 134-137.
Miller, EA, Amundsen, CL, Toh, KL, Flynn, BJ, and Webster, GD. "Preoperative urodynamic evaluation may predict voiding dysfunction in women undergoing pubovaginal sling." The Journal of Urology 169, no. 6 (June 2003): 2234-2237.
Amundsen, CL, Flynn, BJ, and Webster, GD. "Anatomical correction of vaginal vault prolapse by uterosacral ligament fixation in women who also require a pubovaginal sling." J Urol 169, no. 5 (May 2003): 1770-1774.
Sayer, RA, and Amundsen, CL. "Giant pelvic retroperitoneal leiomyoma arising from the rectal wall." Obstet Gynecol 101, no. 5 Pt 2 (May 2003): 1132-1134.
Sayer, RA, and Amundsen, CL. "Giant pelvic retroperitoneal leiomyoma arising from the rectal wall." Obstetrics and Gynecology 101, no. 5 SUPPL. (2003): 1132-1134.
Amundsen, CL, and Webster, GD. "Sacral neuromodulation in an older, urge-incontinent population." Am J Obstet Gynecol 187, no. 6 (December 2002): 1462-1465.
Westney, OL, Lee, JT, McGuire, EJ, Palmer, JL, Cespedes, RD, and Amundsen, CL. "Long-term results of Ingelman-Sundberg denervation procedure for urge incontinence refractory to medical therapy." The Journal of Urology 168, no. 3 (September 2002): 1044-1047.