Amundsen, CL, Guralnick, ML, and Webster, GD. "Variations in strategy for the treatment of urethral obstruction after a pubovaginal sling procedure." The Journal of Urology 164, no. 2 (August 2000): 434-437.
Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evalaution of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee, Memphis, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke KURe Program
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Effects of Aging and the Urinary Microbiome on Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Combination Therapy in the Treatment of Urge Urinary Incontinence: A Randomized, Placebo Controlled Trial
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Westney, OL, Amundsen, CL, and McGuire, EJ. "Bladder endometriosis: conservative management." The Journal of Urology 163, no. 6 (June 2000): 1814-1817.
Amundsen, CL, Visco, AG, Ruiz, H, and Webster, GD. "Outcome in 104 pubovaginal slings using freeze-dried allograft fascia lata from a single tissue bank." Urology 56, no. 6 SUPPL. 1 (2000): 2-8.
Amundsen, CL, Adie, EM, and McGuire, EJ. "The incidence of uterovaginal prolapse after pubovaginal sling." Journal of Pelvic Surgery 6, no. 1 (January 1, 2000): 20-22.
Amundsen, CL, Guralnick, ML, and Webster, GD. "Use of the martius labial fat pad as an adjunct in the management of urinary fistulae and urethral obstruction following antiincontinence procedures." Journal of Pelvic Surgery 6, no. 6 (January 1, 2000): 310-313.
Amundsen, C, Lau, M, English, SF, and McGuire, EJ. "Do urinary symptoms correlate with urodynamic findings?." The Journal of Urology 161, no. 6 (June 1999): 1871-1874.
English, SF, Amundsen, CL, and McGuire, EJ. "Bladder neck competency at rest in women with incontinence." J Urol 161, no. 2 (February 1999): 578-580.
Leng, WW, Amundsen, CL, and McGuire, EJ. "Management of female genitourinary fistulas: transvesical or transvaginal approach?." J Urol 160, no. 6 Pt 1 (December 1998): 1995-1999.
Cross, CA, Cespedes, RD, English, SF, and McGuire, EJ. "Transvaginal urethrolysis for urethral obstruction after anti-incontinence surgery." The Journal of Urology 159, no. 4 (April 1998): 1199-1201.
Cross, CA, English, SF, Cespedes, RD, and McGuire, EJ. "A followup on transurethral collagen injection therapy for urinary incontinence." Journal of Urology 159, no. 1 (1998): 106-108.