Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evaluation of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
- Evaluation of the urinary microbiome as it relates to recurrent urinary tract infections and lower urinary tract symptoms
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee Health Science Center, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- AUGS/DUKE Urogynecology Clinical Research Educational Scientist Training (UrogynCREST) Program
- Duke KURe Program
- Predicting Urinary Continence Status with Sacral Neuromodulation and Botulinum Toxin Treatments
- Underactive Bladder: Mechanisms and Recovery of Sensation and Function
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Effects of Aging and the Urinary Microbiome on Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections
- Model for Predicting Efficacy of Treatment and Complications in Women after Intradetrusor OnabotulinumtoxinA for Non-Neurogenic Urgency Incontinence"
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Combination Therapy in the Treatment of Urge Urinary Incontinence: A Randomized, Placebo Controlled Trial
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Lau, M., C. A. Cross, P. Berens, K. Cunningham, J. Mahnke, V. Ali, and A. Katz. “Ovarian abscess 15 months after vaginal hysterectomy. A case report.” J Reprod Med 42, no. 10 (October 1997): 669–71.
Cross, C. A., R. D. Cespedes, and E. J. McGuire. “Treatment results using pubovaginal slings in patients with large cystoceles and stress incontinence.” J Urol 158, no. 2 (August 1997): 431–34.
English, S. F., C. L. Amundsen, and E. J. McGuire. “Pelvic floor support in women with a gystocele.” Journal of Pelvic Surgery 4, no. 4 (January 1, 1997): 163–66.
Cespedes, R. D., C. A. Cross, and E. J. McGuire. “Pubovaginal fascial slings.” Tech Urol 3, no. 4 (1997): 195–201.
Cespedes, R. D., C. A. Cross, and E. J. McGuire. “Modified Ingelman-Sundberg bladder denervation procedure for intractable urge incontinence.” J Urol 156, no. 5 (November 1996): 1744–47.
Kisby, Cassandra K., Eric J. Gonzalez, Anthony G. Visco, Cindy L. Amundsen, and Warren M. Grill. “Randomized Controlled Trial to Assess the Impact of Intraurethral Lidocaine on Urodynamic Voiding Parameters.” Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg 25, no. 4 (n.d.): 265–70. https://doi.org/10.1097/SPV.0000000000000544.
Bradley, Megan S., Jennifer A. Bickhaus, Cindy L. Amundsen, Laura K. Newcomb, Tracy Truong, Alison C. Weidner, and Nazema Y. Siddiqui. “Vaginal Uterosacral Ligament Suspension: A Retrospective Cohort of Absorbable and Permanent Suture Groups.” Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg 24, no. 3 (n.d.): 207–12. https://doi.org/10.1097/SPV.0000000000000451.