Cameron, Anne P., Jonathan B. Wiseman, Abigail R. Smith, Robert M. Merion, Brenda W. Gillespie, Catherine S. Bradley, Cindy L. Amundsen, et al. “Are three-day voiding diaries feasible and reliable? Results from the Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (LURN) cohort.” Neurourol Urodyn 38, no. 8 (November 2019): 2185–93. https://doi.org/10.1002/nau.24113.
Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evaluation of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
- Evaluation of the urinary microbiome as it relates to recurrent urinary tract infections and lower urinary tract symptoms
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee Health Science Center, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke Women's Reproductive Health Research Scholars
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- AUGS/DUKE Urogynecology Clinical Research Educational Scientist Training (UrogynCREST) Program
- A prospective study to assess the efficacy and safety of the BlueWind RENOVA iStim System in the treatment of patients diagnosed with overactive bladder (OASIS - OverActive bladder StImulation System
- Predicting Urinary Continence Status with Sacral Neuromodulation and Botulinum Toxin Treatments
- Duke KURe Program
- Underactive Bladder: Mechanisms and Recovery of Sensation and Function
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Effects of Aging and the Urinary Microbiome on Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections
- Model for Predicting Efficacy of Treatment and Complications in Women after Intradetrusor OnabotulinumtoxinA for Non-Neurogenic Urgency Incontinence"
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Combination Therapy in the Treatment of Urge Urinary Incontinence: A Randomized, Placebo Controlled Trial
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Andy, Uduak U., Cindy L. Amundsen, Emily Honeycutt, Alayne D. Markland, Gena Dunivan, Keisha Y. Dyer, Nicole B. Korbly, et al. “Sacral neuromodulation versus onabotulinumtoxinA for refractory urgency urinary incontinence: impact on fecal incontinence symptoms and sexual function.” Am J Obstet Gynecol 221, no. 5 (November 2019): 513.e1-513.e15. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajog.2019.06.018.
Brubaker, Linda, J Eric Jelovsek, Emily S. Lukacz, Sunil Balgobin, Alicia Ballard, Alison C. Weidner, Marie G. Gantz, Ryan Whitworth, Donna Mazloomdoost, and Donna Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Pelvic Floor Disorders Network. “Recruitment and retention: A randomized controlled trial of video-enhanced versus standard consent processes within the E-OPTIMAL study.” Clin Trials 16, no. 5 (October 2019): 481–89. https://doi.org/10.1177/1740774519865541.
Sysoeva, T. A., N. Y. Siddiqui, C. L. Amundsen, and L. Karstens. “COMPARISON OF DNA EXTRACTION KITS IN COMPOSITIONAL ANALYSES OF URINARY MICROBIOME.” In International Urogynecology Journal, 30:S355–S355. SPRINGER LONDON LTD, 2019.
Jelovsek, J Eric, Alayne D. Markland, William E. Whitehead, Matthew D. Barber, Diane K. Newman, Rebecca G. Rogers, Keisha Dyer, et al. “Controlling faecal incontinence in women by performing anal exercises with biofeedback or loperamide: a randomised clinical trial.” Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol 4, no. 9 (September 2019): 698–710. https://doi.org/10.1016/S2468-1253(19)30193-1.
Vaughan, M. H., C. L. Amundsen, K. C. Hazen, and N. Y. Siddiqui. “EFFECT OF RECURRENT UTI PROPHYLAXIS ON URINARY MICROBES.” In International Urogynecology Journal, 30:S165–66. SPRINGER LONDON LTD, 2019.
Liu, Alice B., Qian Liu, Claire C. Yang, James W. Griffith, Abigail R. Smith, Margaret E. Helmuth, H Henry Lai, et al. “Patient Characteristics Associated with More Bother from Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms.” J Urol 202, no. 3 (September 2019): 585–91. https://doi.org/10.1097/JU.0000000000000324.
Meekins, A. R., C. L. Amundsen, and A. C. Weidner. “STREAMLINING POSTOPERATIVE VOID TRIALS: A STUDY COMPARING STANDARD BACKFILL VERSUS BACKFILL IN THE OPERATING ROOM.” In International Urogynecology Journal, 30:S251–S251. SPRINGER LONDON LTD, 2019.
Dunivan, G. C., A. L. Sussman, J. E. Jelovsek, V. Sung, U. U. Andy, A. Ballard, S. Jakus-Waldman, et al. “Gaining the Patient Perspective on Pelvic Floor Disorders' Surgical Adverse Events.” Obstetrical and Gynecological Survey 74, no. 6 (June 1, 2019): 336–37. https://doi.org/10.1097/OGX.0000000000000689.