Bradley, MS, Willis-Gray, MG, Amundsen, CL, and Siddiqui, NY. "Microhematuria in Postmenopausal Women: Adherence to Guidelines in a Tertiary Care Setting." The Journal of urology 195, no. 4 Pt 1 (April 2016): 937-941.
Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evalaution of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee, Memphis, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Duke KURe Program
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Eric Jelovsek, J, Markland, AD, Whitehead, WE, Barber, MD, Newman, DK, Rogers, RG, Dyer, K, Visco, A, Sung, VW, Sutkin, G, Meikle, SF, Gantz, MG, and Pelvic Floor Disorders Network, . "Controlling anal incontinence in women by performing anal exercises with biofeedback or loperamide (CAPABLe) trial: Design and methods." Contemporary clinical trials 44 (September 2015): 164-174.
Edenfield, AL, Amundsen, CL, Wu, JM, Levin, PJ, and Siddiqui, NY. "Posterior tibial nerve stimulation for the treatment of fecal incontinence: a systematic evidence review." Obstetrical & gynecological survey 70, no. 5 (May 2015): 329-341. (Review)
McGee, MJ, Amundsen, CL, and Grill, WM. "Electrical stimulation for the treatment of lower urinary tract dysfunction after spinal cord injury." The journal of spinal cord medicine 38, no. 2 (March 2015): 135-146. (Review)
Edenfield, AL, Levin, PJ, Dieter, AA, Amundsen, CL, and Siddiqui, NY. "Sexual Activity and Vaginal Topography in Women with Symptomatic Pelvic Floor Disorders." Journal of Sexual Medicine 12, no. 2 (February 1, 2015): 416-423.
Edenfield, AL, Levin, PJ, Dieter, AA, Amundsen, CL, and Siddiqui, NY. "Sexual activity and vaginal topography in women with symptomatic pelvic floor disorders." The journal of sexual medicine 12, no. 2 (February 2015): 416-423.
Siddiqui, NY, DuBois, LG, St John-Williams, L, Will, TJ, Grenier, C, Burke, E, Fraser, MO, Amundsen, CL, and Murphy, SK. "Optimizing Urine Processing Protocols for Protein and Metabolite Detection." Journal of proteomics & bioinformatics 2015, no. Suppl 14 (January 2015).
Levin, PJ, Siddiqui, NY, Wu, JM, and Amundsen, CL. "Psychosocial factors related to the use of InterStim® for the treatment of refractory overactive bladder." Female pelvic medicine & reconstructive surgery 20, no. 5 (September 2014): 272-275.
Siddiqui, NY, Dieter, AA, Amundsen, CL, Brooks, JM, Degoski, DJ, and Fraser, MO. "UNDERACTIVE BLADDER IN OBESE-PRONE RATS FED A HIGH FAT DIET." August 2014.
Polin, MR, Edenfield, AL, Dieter, AA, Amundsen, CL, Visco, AG, and Weidner, AC. "PREDICTORS OF POSITIVE PREOPERATIVE URINE CULTURES IN ASYMPTOMATIC WOMEN UNDERGOING UROGYNECOLOGIC SURGERY." INTERNATIONAL UROGYNECOLOGY JOURNAL 25 (July 2014): S146-S147.