Vaughan, M. H., C. L. Amundsen, K. C. Hazen, and N. Y. Siddiqui. “EFFECT OF RECURRENT UTI PROPHYLAXIS ON URINARY MICROBES.” In International Urogynecology Journal, 30:S165–66. SPRINGER LONDON LTD, 2019.
Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evaluation of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
- Evaluation of the urinary microbiome as it relates to recurrent urinary tract infections and lower urinary tract symptoms
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee Health Science Center, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke Women's Reproductive Health Research Scholars
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- AUGS/DUKE Urogynecology Clinical Research Educational Scientist Training (UrogynCREST) Program
- A prospective study to assess the efficacy and safety of the BlueWind RENOVA iStim System in the treatment of patients diagnosed with overactive bladder (OASIS - OverActive bladder StImulation System
- Predicting Urinary Continence Status with Sacral Neuromodulation and Botulinum Toxin Treatments
- Duke KURe Program
- Underactive Bladder: Mechanisms and Recovery of Sensation and Function
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Effects of Aging and the Urinary Microbiome on Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections
- Model for Predicting Efficacy of Treatment and Complications in Women after Intradetrusor OnabotulinumtoxinA for Non-Neurogenic Urgency Incontinence"
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Combination Therapy in the Treatment of Urge Urinary Incontinence: A Randomized, Placebo Controlled Trial
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Liu, Alice B., Qian Liu, Claire C. Yang, James W. Griffith, Abigail R. Smith, Margaret E. Helmuth, H Henry Lai, et al. “Patient Characteristics Associated with More Bother from Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms.” J Urol 202, no. 3 (September 2019): 585–91. https://doi.org/10.1097/JU.0000000000000324.
Meekins, A. R., C. L. Amundsen, and A. C. Weidner. “STREAMLINING POSTOPERATIVE VOID TRIALS: A STUDY COMPARING STANDARD BACKFILL VERSUS BACKFILL IN THE OPERATING ROOM.” In International Urogynecology Journal, 30:S251–S251. SPRINGER LONDON LTD, 2019.
Bickhaus, Jennifer A., Megan S. Bradley, Cindy L. Amundsen, Anthony G. Visco, Tracy Truong, Yi-Ju Li, and Nazema Y. Siddiqui. “Does a Recent Urinary Tract Infection Increase the Risk of Postprocedure Urinary Tract Infection After Onabotulinum Toxin A?” Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg, July 8, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1097/SPV.0000000000000753.
Dunivan, G. C., A. L. Sussman, J. E. Jelovsek, V. Sung, U. U. Andy, A. Ballard, S. Jakus-Waldman, et al. “Gaining the Patient Perspective on Pelvic Floor Disorders' Surgical Adverse Events.” Obstetrical and Gynecological Survey 74, no. 6 (June 1, 2019): 336–37. https://doi.org/10.1097/OGX.0000000000000689.
Meekins, A Rebecca, Susan K. Murphy, Carole Grenier, Zhiqing Huang, Megan S. Bradley, Cindy L. Amundsen, Jennifer Wu, and Nazema Y. Siddiqui. “Role of β-3 adrenergic receptor polymorphism in overactive bladder.” Neurourol Urodyn 38, no. 5 (June 2019): 1261–65. https://doi.org/10.1002/nau.24006.
Amundsen, Cindy L., Margaret E. Helmuth, Abigail R. Smith, John O. L. DeLancey, Catherine S. Bradley, Kathryn E. Flynn, Kimberly S. Kenton, et al. “LONGITUDINAL CHANGES IN SYMPTOM-BASED FEMALE AND MALE LUTS CLUSTER CHARACTERISTICS AND FACTORS ASSOCIATED WITH CHANGE.” In Journal of Urology, 201:E568–69. LIPPINCOTT WILLIAMS & WILKINS, 2019.
Berger, Miles, Deborah Oyeyemi, Mobolaji O. Olurinde, Heather E. Whitson, Kent J. Weinhold, Marty G. Woldorff, Lewis A. Lipsitz, et al. “The INTUIT Study: Investigating Neuroinflammation Underlying Postoperative Cognitive Dysfunction.” J Am Geriatr Soc 67, no. 4 (April 2019): 794–98. https://doi.org/10.1111/jgs.15770.
Andy, U., C. L. Amundsen, E. Honeycutt, A. Markland, G. Dunivan, K. Dyer, N. Korbly, et al. “73: Impact of refractory urgency urinary incontinence treatment on bowel and sexual function.” In American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 220:S753–S753. Elsevier BV, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajog.2019.01.103.
Cameron, Anne P., Margaret E. Helmuth, Abigail R. Smith, H Henry Lai, Cindy L. Amundsen, Ziya Kirkali, Brenda W. Gillespie, Claire C. Yang, and J Quentin Clemens. “Caffeine and other bladder irritant avoidance from three-day voiding diaries among adults with and without urgency incontinence.” In Neurourology and Urodynamics, 38:S127–28. WILEY, 2019.