Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evalaution of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee, Memphis, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke KURe Program
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Effects of Aging and the Urinary Microbiome on Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Combination Therapy in the Treatment of Urge Urinary Incontinence: A Randomized, Placebo Controlled Trial
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Scales, C, Greiner, M, Curtis, L, Hammill, B, Peterson, A, Amundsen, C, Martinez-Bianchi, V, Heflin, M, and Schmader, K. "MP25-15 INITIAL PHARMACOTHERAPY FOR OVERACTIVE BLADDER SYMPTOMS AMONG MEDICARE BENEFICIARIES." Journal of Urology 195, no. 4 (April 2016).
Scales, C, Greiner, M, Curtis, L, Hammill, B, Peterson, A, Amundsen, C, Martinez-Bianchi, V, Heflin, M, and Schmader, K. "MP25-16 MEDICATION SWITCHING AFTER INITIAL PHARMACOTHERAPY FOR OVERACTIVE BLADDER." Journal of Urology 195, no. 4 (April 2016).
Eric Jelovsek, J., Alayne D. Markland, William E. Whitehead, Matthew D. Barber, Diane K. Newman, Rebecca G. Rogers, Keisha Dyer, et al. “Controlling anal incontinence in women by performing anal exercises with biofeedback or loperamide (CAPABLe) trial: Design and methods..” Contemp Clin Trials 44 (September 2015): 164–74. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cct.2015.08.009.
Edenfield, Autumn L., Cindy L. Amundsen, Jennifer M. Wu, Pamela J. Levin, and Nazema Y. Siddiqui. “Posterior tibial nerve stimulation for the treatment of fecal incontinence: a systematic evidence review..” Obstetrical & Gynecological Survey 70, no. 5 (May 2015): 329–41. https://doi.org/10.1097/ogx.0000000000000171.
McGee, MJ, Amundsen, CL, and Grill, WM. "Electrical stimulation for the treatment of lower urinary tract dysfunction after spinal cord injury." The Journal of Spinal Cord Medicine 38, no. 2 (March 2015): 135-146. (Review)
Edenfield, Autumn L., Pamela J. Levin, Alexis A. Dieter, Cindy L. Amundsen, and Nazema Y. Siddiqui. “Sexual activity and vaginal topography in women with symptomatic pelvic floor disorders..” The Journal of Sexual Medicine 12, no. 2 (February 2015): 416–23. https://doi.org/10.1111/jsm.12716.
Siddiqui, Nazema Y., Laura G. DuBois, Lisa St John-Williams, Thompson J. Will, Carole Grenier, Emily Burke, Matthew O. Fraser, Cindy L. Amundsen, and Susan K. Murphy. “Optimizing Urine Processing Protocols for Protein and Metabolite Detection..” Journal of Proteomics & Bioinformatics 2015, no. Suppl 14 (January 2015).