Meekins, A Rebecca, Susan K. Murphy, Carole Grenier, Zhiqing Huang, Megan S. Bradley, Cindy L. Amundsen, Jennifer Wu, and Nazema Y. Siddiqui. “Role of β-3 adrenergic receptor polymorphism in overactive bladder.” Neurourol Urodyn 38, no. 5 (June 2019): 1261–65. https://doi.org/10.1002/nau.24006.
Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evaluation of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
- Evaluation of the urinary microbiome as it relates to recurrent urinary tract infections and lower urinary tract symptoms
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee Health Science Center, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke Women's Reproductive Health Research Scholars
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- AUGS/DUKE Urogynecology Clinical Research Educational Scientist Training (UrogynCREST) Program
- A prospective study to assess the efficacy and safety of the BlueWind RENOVA iStim System in the treatment of patients diagnosed with overactive bladder (OASIS - OverActive bladder StImulation System
- Predicting Urinary Continence Status with Sacral Neuromodulation and Botulinum Toxin Treatments
- Duke KURe Program
- Underactive Bladder: Mechanisms and Recovery of Sensation and Function
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Effects of Aging and the Urinary Microbiome on Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections
- Model for Predicting Efficacy of Treatment and Complications in Women after Intradetrusor OnabotulinumtoxinA for Non-Neurogenic Urgency Incontinence"
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Combination Therapy in the Treatment of Urge Urinary Incontinence: A Randomized, Placebo Controlled Trial
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Amundsen, Cindy L., Margaret E. Helmuth, Abigail R. Smith, John O. L. DeLancey, Catherine S. Bradley, Kathryn E. Flynn, Kimberly S. Kenton, et al. “LONGITUDINAL CHANGES IN SYMPTOM-BASED FEMALE AND MALE LUTS CLUSTER CHARACTERISTICS AND FACTORS ASSOCIATED WITH CHANGE.” In Journal of Urology, 201:E568–69. LIPPINCOTT WILLIAMS & WILKINS, 2019.
Berger, Miles, Deborah Oyeyemi, Mobolaji O. Olurinde, Heather E. Whitson, Kent J. Weinhold, Marty G. Woldorff, Lewis A. Lipsitz, et al. “The INTUIT Study: Investigating Neuroinflammation Underlying Postoperative Cognitive Dysfunction.” J Am Geriatr Soc 67, no. 4 (April 2019): 794–98. https://doi.org/10.1111/jgs.15770.
Andy, U., C. L. Amundsen, E. Honeycutt, A. Markland, G. Dunivan, K. Dyer, N. Korbly, et al. “73: Impact of refractory urgency urinary incontinence treatment on bowel and sexual function.” In American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 220:S753–S753. Elsevier BV, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajog.2019.01.103.
Cameron, Anne P., Margaret E. Helmuth, Abigail R. Smith, H Henry Lai, Cindy L. Amundsen, Ziya Kirkali, Brenda W. Gillespie, Claire C. Yang, and J Quentin Clemens. “Caffeine and other bladder irritant avoidance from three-day voiding diaries among adults with and without urgency incontinence.” In Neurourology and Urodynamics, 38:S127–28. WILEY, 2019.
Agochukwu, Nnenaya Q., Jonathan B. Wiseman, Abigail R. Smith, Margaret E. Helmuth, Kevin P. Weinfurt, Aruna V. Sarma, James W. Griffith, et al. “Correlation of symptom severity and bother in individuals seeking care for lower urinary tract symptoms.” In Neurourology and Urodynamics, 38:S120–21. WILEY, 2019.
Dunivan, Gena C., Andrew L. Sussman, J Eric Jelovsek, Vivian Sung, Uduak U. Andy, Alicia Ballard, Sharon Jakus-Waldman, et al. “Gaining the patient perspective on pelvic floor disorders' surgical adverse events.” Am J Obstet Gynecol 220, no. 2 (February 2019): 185.e1-185.e10. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajog.2018.10.033.
Amundsen, Cindy L., Margaret E. Helmuth, Abigail R. Smith, John O. L. DeLancey, Catherine S. Bradley, Kathryn E. Flynn, Kimberly S. Kenton, et al. “Longitudinal changes in symptom-based female and male luts cluster characteristics and factors associated with change.” In Neurourology and Urodynamics, 38:S85–86. WILEY, 2019.
Andreev, Victor P., Gang Liu, John O. L. DeLancey, J Quentin Clemens, Claire C. Yang, H Henry Lai, Anne P. Cameron, et al. “Refinement of symptom-based female LUTS clusters by using the three-day bladder diary data.” In Neurourology and Urodynamics, 38:S95–96. WILEY, 2019.
Agochukwu, Nnenaya Q., Jonathan B. Wiseman, Abigail R. Smith, Margaret E. Helmuth, Kevin P. Weinfurt, Aruna V. Sarma, James W. Griffith, et al. “Relationship between symptom bother and severity in individuals seeking care for lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS).” In Neurourology and Urodynamics, 38:S86–87. WILEY, 2019.