Scales, C, Greiner, M, Curtis, L, Hammill, B, Peterson, A, Amundsen, C, Martinez-Bianchi, V, Heflin, M, and Schmader, K. "MP25-15 INITIAL PHARMACOTHERAPY FOR OVERACTIVE BLADDER SYMPTOMS AMONG MEDICARE BENEFICIARIES." The Journal of Urology 195, no. 4 (April 2016): e285-e285.
Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evalaution of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee, Memphis, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Effects of Aging and the Urinary Microbiome on Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Combination Therapy in the Treatment of Urge Urinary Incontinence: A Randomized, Placebo Controlled Trial
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Scales, C, Greiner, M, Curtis, L, Hammill, B, Peterson, A, Amundsen, C, Martinez-Bianchi, V, Heflin, M, and Schmader, K. "MP25-16 MEDICATION SWITCHING AFTER INITIAL PHARMACOTHERAPY FOR OVERACTIVE BLADDER." The Journal of Urology 195, no. 4 (April 2016): e285-e285.
Eric Jelovsek, J, Markland, AD, Whitehead, WE, Barber, MD, Newman, DK, Rogers, RG, Dyer, K, Visco, A, Sung, VW, Sutkin, G, Meikle, SF, Gantz, MG, and Pelvic Floor Disorders Network, . "Controlling anal incontinence in women by performing anal exercises with biofeedback or loperamide (CAPABLe) trial: Design and methods." Contemporary clinical trials 44 (September 2015): 164-174.
Edenfield, AL, Amundsen, CL, Wu, JM, Levin, PJ, and Siddiqui, NY. "Posterior tibial nerve stimulation for the treatment of fecal incontinence: a systematic evidence review." Obstetrical & gynecological survey 70, no. 5 (May 2015): 329-341. (Review)
McGee, MJ, Amundsen, CL, and Grill, WM. "Electrical stimulation for the treatment of lower urinary tract dysfunction after spinal cord injury." The Journal of Spinal Cord Medicine 38, no. 2 (March 2015): 135-146. (Review)
Edenfield, AL, Levin, PJ, Dieter, AA, Amundsen, CL, and Siddiqui, NY. "Sexual Activity and Vaginal Topography in Women with Symptomatic Pelvic Floor Disorders." Journal of Sexual Medicine 12, no. 2 (February 1, 2015): 416-423.
Edenfield, AL, Levin, PJ, Dieter, AA, Amundsen, CL, and Siddiqui, NY. "Sexual activity and vaginal topography in women with symptomatic pelvic floor disorders." The journal of sexual medicine 12, no. 2 (February 2015): 416-423.
Siddiqui, NY, DuBois, LG, St John-Williams, L, Will, TJ, Grenier, C, Burke, E, Fraser, MO, Amundsen, CL, and Murphy, SK. "Optimizing Urine Processing Protocols for Protein and Metabolite Detection." Journal of proteomics & bioinformatics 2015, no. Suppl 14 (January 2015).
Levin, PJ, Siddiqui, NY, Wu, JM, and Amundsen, CL. "Psychosocial factors related to the use of InterStim® for the treatment of refractory overactive bladder." Female pelvic medicine & reconstructive surgery 20, no. 5 (September 2014): 272-275.
Siddiqui, NY, Dieter, AA, Amundsen, CL, Brooks, JM, Degoski, DJ, and Fraser, MO. "UNDERACTIVE BLADDER IN OBESE-PRONE RATS FED A HIGH FAT DIET." August 2014.