Preud'homme, XA, Amundsen, CL, Webster, GD, and Krystal, AD. "Comparison of diary-derived bladder and sleep measurements across OAB individuals, primary insomniacs, and healthy controls." Int Urogynecol J 24, no. 3 (March 2013): 501-508.
Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evalaution of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee, Memphis, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Duke KURe Program
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Combination Therapy in the Treatment of Urge Urinary Incontinence: A Randomized, Placebo Controlled Trial
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Edenfield, AL, Amundsen, CL, Weidner, AC, Wu, JM, George, A, and Siddiqui, NY. "Vaginal Prolapse Recurrence After Uterosacral Ligament Suspension in Normal-Weight Compared With Overweight and Obese Women." OBSTETRICS AND GYNECOLOGY 121, no. 3 (March 2013): 554-559.
Funk, MJ, Siddiqui, NY, Pate, V, Amundsen, CL, and Wu, JM. "Sling revision/removal for mesh erosion and urinary retention: Long-term risk and predictors." American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 208, no. 1 (2013): 73.e1-73.e7.
Levin, PJ, Wu, JM, Kawasaki, A, Weidner, AC, and Amundsen, CL. "The efficacy of posterior tibial nerve stimulation for the treatment of overactive bladder in women: a systematic review." Int Urogynecol J 23, no. 11 (November 2012): 1591-1597. (Review)
Nager, C, Brubaker, L, Litman, H, and Zyczynski, H. "A Randomized Trial of Urodynamic Testing Before Stress-Incontinence Surgery." Obstetrical & Gynecological Survey 67, no. 10 (October 2012): 628-629.
Kawasaki, A, Wu, JM, Amundsen, CL, Weidner, AC, Judd, JP, Balk, EM, and Siddiqui, NY. "Do urodynamic parameters predict persistent postoperative stress incontinence after midurethral sling? A systematic review." Int Urogynecol J 23, no. 7 (July 2012): 813-822. (Review)
Levin, PJ, Wu, JM, Siddiqui, NY, and Amundsen, CL. "Does obesity impact the success of an InterStim test phase for the treatment of refractory urge urinary incontinence in female patients?." Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg 18, no. 4 (July 2012): 243-246.
Wei, JT, Nygaard, I, Richter, HE, Nager, CW, Barber, MD, Kenton, K, Amundsen, CL, Schaffer, J, Meikle, SF, Spino, C, and Pelvic Floor Disorders Network, . "A midurethral sling to reduce incontinence after vaginal prolapse repair." N Engl J Med 366, no. 25 (June 21, 2012): 2358-2367.
Wu, JM, Visco, AG, Grass, EA, Craig, DM, Fulton, RG, Haynes, C, Amundsen, CL, and Shah, SH. "Comprehensive analysis of LAMC1 genetic variants in advanced pelvic organ prolapse." Am J Obstet Gynecol 206, no. 5 (May 2012): 447.e1-447.e6.
Dieter, AA, Amundsen, CL, Visco, AG, and Siddiqui, NY. "Treatment for urinary tract infection after midurethral sling: a retrospective study comparing patients who receive short-term postoperative catheterization and patients who pass a void trial on the day of surgery." Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg 18, no. 3 (May 2012): 175-178.