Amundsen, CL, Richter, HE, Menefee, SA, Komesu, YM, Arya, LA, Gregory, WT, Myers, DL, Zyczynski, HM, Vasavada, S, Nolen, TL, Wallace, D, and Meikle, SF. "OnabotulinumtoxinA vs Sacral Neuromodulation on Refractory Urgency Urinary Incontinence in Women: A Randomized Clinical Trial." Jama 316, no. 13 (October 2016): 1366-1374.
Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evalaution of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee, Memphis, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke KURe Program
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Effects of Aging and the Urinary Microbiome on Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Combination Therapy in the Treatment of Urge Urinary Incontinence: A Randomized, Placebo Controlled Trial
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Yang, CC, Weinfurt, KP, Merion, RM, Kirkali, Z, and LURN Study Group, . "Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network." The Journal of Urology 196, no. 1 (July 2016): 146-152.
Bradley, MS, Willis-Gray, MG, Amundsen, CL, and Siddiqui, NY. "Microhematuria in Postmenopausal Women: Adherence to Guidelines in a Tertiary Care Setting." The Journal of Urology 195, no. 4 Pt 1 (April 2016): 937-941.
Scales, C, Greiner, M, Curtis, L, Hammill, B, Peterson, A, Amundsen, C, Martinez-Bianchi, V, Heflin, M, and Schmader, K. "MP25-15 INITIAL PHARMACOTHERAPY FOR OVERACTIVE BLADDER SYMPTOMS AMONG MEDICARE BENEFICIARIES." The Journal of Urology 195, no. 4 (April 2016): e285-e285.
Scales, C, Greiner, M, Curtis, L, Hammill, B, Peterson, A, Amundsen, C, Martinez-Bianchi, V, Heflin, M, and Schmader, K. "MP25-16 MEDICATION SWITCHING AFTER INITIAL PHARMACOTHERAPY FOR OVERACTIVE BLADDER." The Journal of Urology 195, no. 4 (April 2016): e285-e285.
Eric Jelovsek, J, Markland, AD, Whitehead, WE, Barber, MD, Newman, DK, Rogers, RG, Dyer, K, Visco, A, Sung, VW, Sutkin, G, Meikle, SF, Gantz, MG, and Pelvic Floor Disorders Network, . "Controlling anal incontinence in women by performing anal exercises with biofeedback or loperamide (CAPABLe) trial: Design and methods." Contemporary Clinical Trials 44 (September 2015): 164-174.
Edenfield, AL, Amundsen, CL, Wu, JM, Levin, PJ, and Siddiqui, NY. "Posterior tibial nerve stimulation for the treatment of fecal incontinence: a systematic evidence review." Obstetrical & Gynecological Survey 70, no. 5 (May 2015): 329-341. (Review)
McGee, MJ, Amundsen, CL, and Grill, WM. "Electrical stimulation for the treatment of lower urinary tract dysfunction after spinal cord injury." The Journal of Spinal Cord Medicine 38, no. 2 (March 2015): 135-146. (Review)
Edenfield, AL, Levin, PJ, Dieter, AA, Amundsen, CL, and Siddiqui, NY. "Sexual Activity and Vaginal Topography in Women with Symptomatic Pelvic Floor Disorders." Journal of Sexual Medicine 12, no. 2 (February 1, 2015): 416-423.
Edenfield, AL, Levin, PJ, Dieter, AA, Amundsen, CL, and Siddiqui, NY. "Sexual activity and vaginal topography in women with symptomatic pelvic floor disorders." The Journal of Sexual Medicine 12, no. 2 (February 2015): 416-423.