Cameron, Anne P., Abigail R. Smith, H Henry Lai, Catherine S. Bradley, Alice B. Liu, Robert M. Merion, Brenda W. Gillespie, et al. “Bowel function, sexual function, and symptoms of pelvic organ prolapse in women with and without urinary incontinence.” Neurourol Urodyn 37, no. 8 (November 2018): 2586–96. https://doi.org/10.1002/nau.23587.
Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evaluation of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
- Evaluation of the urinary microbiome as it relates to recurrent urinary tract infections and lower urinary tract symptoms
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee Health Science Center, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke Women's Reproductive Health Research Scholars
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- AUGS/DUKE Urogynecology Clinical Research Educational Scientist Training (UrogynCREST) Program
- A prospective study to assess the efficacy and safety of the BlueWind RENOVA iStim System in the treatment of patients diagnosed with overactive bladder (OASIS - OverActive bladder StImulation System
- Predicting Urinary Continence Status with Sacral Neuromodulation and Botulinum Toxin Treatments
- Duke KURe Program
- Underactive Bladder: Mechanisms and Recovery of Sensation and Function
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Effects of Aging and the Urinary Microbiome on Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections
- Model for Predicting Efficacy of Treatment and Complications in Women after Intradetrusor OnabotulinumtoxinA for Non-Neurogenic Urgency Incontinence"
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Combination Therapy in the Treatment of Urge Urinary Incontinence: A Randomized, Placebo Controlled Trial
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Lai, H Henry, Bruce Naliboff, Alice B. Liu, Cindy L. Amundsen, Joshua S. Shimony, Vincent A. Magnotta, Joseph J. Shaffer, et al. “The LURN Research Network Neuroimaging and Sensory Testing (NIST) Study: Design, protocols, and operations.” Contemp Clin Trials 74 (November 2018): 76–87. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cct.2018.09.010.
Siddiqui, Nazema Y., Jonathan B. Wiseman, David Cella, Catherine S. Bradley, H Henry Lai, Margaret E. Helmuth, Abigail R. Smith, et al. “Mental Health, Sleep and Physical Function in Treatment Seeking Women with Urinary Incontinence.” J Urol 200, no. 4 (October 2018): 848–55. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2018.04.076.
Amundsen, Cindy L., Yuko M. Komesu, Christopher Chermansky, W Thomas Gregory, Deborah L. Myers, Emily F. Honeycutt, Sandip P. Vasavada, et al. “Two-Year Outcomes of Sacral Neuromodulation Versus OnabotulinumtoxinA for Refractory Urgency Urinary Incontinence: A Randomized Trial.” Eur Urol 74, no. 1 (July 2018): 66–73. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eururo.2018.02.011.
Bradley, Megan S., Emily E. Burke, Carole Grenier, Cindy L. Amundsen, Susan K. Murphy, and Nazema Y. Siddiqui. “A genome-scale DNA methylation study in women with interstitial cystitis/bladder pain syndrome.” Neurourol Urodyn 37, no. 4 (April 2018): 1485–93. https://doi.org/10.1002/nau.23489.
Cameron, Anne P., Christina Lewicky-Gaupp, Abigail R. Smith, Brian T. Helfand, John L. Gore, J Quentin Clemens, Claire C. Yang, et al. “Baseline Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms in Patients Enrolled in LURN: A Prospective, Observational Cohort Study.” J Urol 199, no. 4 (April 2018): 1023–31. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2017.10.035.
Cameron, Anne P., Jonathan B. Wiseman, Cindy L. Amundsen, H Henry Lai, Megan Bradley, Catherine S. Bradley, Ziya Kirkali, John O. L. DeLancey, Victor P. Andreev, and J Quentin Clemens. “ARE COMPLETE THREE-DAY VOIDING DIARIES FEASIBLE? RESULTS FROM THE SYMPTOMS OF LOWER URINARY TRACT DYSFUNCTION RESEARCH NETWORK (LURN) COHORT.” In Neurourology and Urodynamics, 37:S607–8. WILEY, 2018.
Connolly, AnnaMarie, Alice Goepfert, Anita Blanchard, Elizabeth Buys, Nicole Donnellan, Cindy L. Amundsen, Shelley L. Galvin, and Kimberly Kenton. “myTIPreport and Training for Independent Practice: A Tool for Real-Time Workplace Feedback for Milestones and Procedural Skills.” J Grad Med Educ 10, no. 1 (February 2018): 70–77. https://doi.org/10.4300/JGME-D-17-00137.1.