Barber, MD, Weidner, AC, Sokol, AI, Amundsen, CL, Jelovsek, JE, Karram, MM, Ellerkmann, M, Rardin, CR, Iglesia, CB, Toglia, M, and Foundation for Female Health Awareness Research Network, . "Single-incision mini-sling compared with tension-free vaginal tape for the treatment of stress urinary incontinence: a randomized controlled trial." Obstet Gynecol 119, no. 2 Pt 1 (February 2012): 328-337.
Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evalaution of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee, Memphis, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Duke KURe Program
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Combination Therapy in the Treatment of Urge Urinary Incontinence: A Randomized, Placebo Controlled Trial
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Nager, CW, Brubaker, L, Litman, HJ, Zyczynski, HM, Varner, RE, Amundsen, C, Sirls, LT, Norton, PA, Arisco, AM, Chai, TC, Zimmern, P, Barber, MD, Dandreo, KJ, Menefee, SA, Kenton, K, Lowder, J, Richter, HE, Khandwala, S, Nygaard, I, Kraus, SR, Johnson, HW, Lemack, GE, Mihova, M, Albo, ME, Mueller, E, Sutkin, G, Wilson, TS, Hsu, Y, Rozanski, TA, Rickey, LM, Rahn, D, Tennstedt, S, Kusek, JW, and Gormley, EA. "A randomized trial of urodynamic testing before stress-incontinence surgery." New England Journal of Medicine 366, no. 21 (2012): 1987-1997.
Preud'homme, XA, Lohri, J, Amundsen, CL, Peterson, A, Webster, GD, and Krystal, AD. "NOCTURIA IN SUBJECTS WITH OVERACTIVE BLADDER SYNDROME (OAB): WHAT WAKES THEM UP?." 2012.
Kenton, K, Barber, M, Wang, L, Hsu, Y, Rahn, D, Whitcomb, E, Amundsen, C, Bradley, CS, Zyczynski, H, and Richter, HE. "Pelvic floor symptoms improve similarly after pessary and behavioral treatment for stress incontinence." Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery 18, no. 2 (2012): 118-121.
Wu, JM, Fulton, RG, Amundsen, CL, Knight, SK, and Kuppermann, M. "Patient preferences for different severities of and treatments for overactive bladder." Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg 17, no. 4 (July 2011): 184-189.
Siddiqui, NY, Amundsen, CL, Corey, EG, and Wu, JM. "Lead migration after sacral neuromodulation: surgical revision in fascial versus tined anchoring systems." Int Urogynecol J 22, no. 4 (April 2011): 419-423.
Yoo, PB, Horvath, EE, Amundsen, CL, Webster, GD, and Grill, WM. "Multiple pudendal sensory pathways reflexly modulate bladder and urethral activity in patients with spinal cord injury." J Urol 185, no. 2 (February 2011): 737-743.
Preud'homme, XA, Amundsen, CL, Webster, GD, Jiang, W, Kuchibhatla, M, and Krystal, AD. "AUTONOMIC NERVOUS SYSTEM ACTIVITY PRECEDING NOCTURIA IN OLDER ADULTS." 2011.
Krystal, AD, Preud'homme, XA, Amundsen, CL, and Webster, GD. "Detrusor overactivity persisting at night and preceding nocturia in patients with overactive bladder syndrome: a nocturnal cystometrogram and polysomnogram study." J Urol 184, no. 2 (August 2010): 623-628.
Horvath, EE, Yoo, PB, Amundsen, CL, Webster, GD, and Grill, WM. "Conditional and continuous electrical stimulation increase cystometric capacity in persons with spinal cord injury." Neurourol Urodyn 29, no. 3 (March 2010): 401-407.