Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evaluation of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
- Evaluation of the urinary microbiome as it relates to recurrent urinary tract infections and lower urinary tract symptoms
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee Health Science Center, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke Women's Reproductive Health Research Scholars
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- AUGS/DUKE Urogynecology Clinical Research Educational Scientist Training (UrogynCREST) Program
- Predicting Urinary Continence Status with Sacral Neuromodulation and Botulinum Toxin Treatments
- Duke KURe Program
- Underactive Bladder: Mechanisms and Recovery of Sensation and Function
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Effects of Aging and the Urinary Microbiome on Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections
- Model for Predicting Efficacy of Treatment and Complications in Women after Intradetrusor OnabotulinumtoxinA for Non-Neurogenic Urgency Incontinence"
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Combination Therapy in the Treatment of Urge Urinary Incontinence: A Randomized, Placebo Controlled Trial
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Connolly, AnnaMarie, Alice Goepfert, Anita Blanchard, Elizabeth Buys, Nicole Donnellan, Cindy L. Amundsen, Shelley L. Galvin, and Kimberly Kenton. “myTIPreport and Training for Independent Practice: A Tool for Real-Time Workplace Feedback for Milestones and Procedural Skills.” J Grad Med Educ 10, no. 1 (February 2018): 70–77. https://doi.org/10.4300/JGME-D-17-00137.1.
Clemens, J Quentin, Jonathan B. Wiseman, Ziya Kirkali, Megan S. Bradley, Cindy L. Amundsen, Abigail R. Smith, and Anne P. Cameron. “PREVALENCE AND CORRELATES OF NOCTURIA IN THE LURN COHORT.” In Neurourology and Urodynamics, 37:S608–S608. WILEY, 2018.
Clemens, J Quentin, Jonathan B. Wiseman, Abigail R. Smith, Cindy L. Amundsen, Claire C. Yang, Megan S. Bradley, Ziya Kirkali, and Anne P. Cameron. “PREVALENCE AND IMPACT OF GLOBAL POLYURIA: RESULTS FROM THE SYMPTOMS OF LOWER URINARY TRACT DYSFUNCTION RESEARCH NETWORK (LURN) STUDY.” In Neurourology and Urodynamics, 37:S604–5. WILEY, 2018.
Komesu, Yuko M., Cindy L. Amundsen, Holly E. Richter, Stephen W. Erickson, Mary F. Ackenbom, Uduak U. Andy, Vivian W. Sung, et al. “Refractory urgency urinary incontinence treatment in women: impact of age on outcomes and complications.” Am J Obstet Gynecol 218, no. 1 (January 2018): 111.e1-111.e9. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajog.2017.10.006.
Richter, H. E., C. L. Amundsen, S. W. Erickson, J. E. Jelovsek, Y. Komesu, C. Chermansky, H. S. Harvie, et al. “Characteristics Associated with Treatment Response and Satisfaction in Women Undergoing OnabotulinumtoxinA and Sacral Neuromodulation for Refractory Urgency Urinary Incontinence.” Obstetrical and Gynecological Survey 72, no. 12 (December 1, 2017): 709–11. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.ogx.0000527551.60666.74.
Meekins, A Rebecca, Nazema Y. Siddiqui, Cindy L. Amundsen, Maragatha Kuchibhatla, and Alexis A. Dieter. “Improving Postoperative Efficiency: An Algorithm for Expedited Void Trials After Urogynecologic Surgery.” South Med J 110, no. 12 (December 2017): 785–90. https://doi.org/10.14423/SMJ.0000000000000733.
McGee, Meredith J., Brandon D. Swan, Zachary C. Danziger, Cindy L. Amundsen, and Warren M. Grill. “Multiple Reflex Pathways Contribute to Bladder Activation by Intraurethral Stimulation in Persons With Spinal Cord Injury.” Urology 109 (November 2017): 210–15. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2017.07.041.
Weidner, Alison C., Matthew D. Barber, Alayne Markland, David D. Rahn, Yvonne Hsu, Elizabeth R. Mueller, Sharon Jakus-Waldman, et al. “Perioperative Behavioral Therapy and Pelvic Muscle Strengthening Do Not Enhance Quality of Life After Pelvic Surgery: Secondary Report of a Randomized Controlled Trial.” Phys Ther 97, no. 11 (November 1, 2017): 1075–83. https://doi.org/10.1093/ptj/pzx077.
Richter, Holly E., C. L. Amundsen, S. W. Erickson, J. E. Jelovsek, Y. Komesu, C. Chermansky, H. S. Harvie, et al. “Characteristics Associated with Treatment Response and Satisfaction in Women Undergoing OnabotulinumtoxinA and Sacral Neuromodulation for Refractory Urgency Urinary Incontinence.” J Urol 198, no. 4 (October 2017): 890–96. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2017.04.103.