Jonsson Funk, M, Siddiqui, NY, Pate, V, Amundsen, CL, and Wu, JM. "Sling revision/removal for mesh erosion and urinary retention: long-term risk and predictors." American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 208, no. 1 (January 2013): 73.e1-73.e7.
Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evalaution of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee, Memphis, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke KURe Program
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Effects of Aging and the Urinary Microbiome on Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Combination Therapy in the Treatment of Urge Urinary Incontinence: A Randomized, Placebo Controlled Trial
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Levin, PJ, Wu, JM, Kawasaki, A, Weidner, AC, and Amundsen, CL. "The efficacy of posterior tibial nerve stimulation for the treatment of overactive bladder in women: a systematic review." International Urogynecology Journal 23, no. 11 (November 2012): 1591-1597.
Nager, C, Brubaker, L, Litman, H, and Zyczynski, H. "A Randomized Trial of Urodynamic Testing Before Stress-Incontinence Surgery." Obstetrical & Gynecological Survey 67, no. 10 (October 2012): 628-629.
Kawasaki, A, Wu, JM, Amundsen, CL, Weidner, AC, Judd, JP, Balk, EM, and Siddiqui, NY. "Do urodynamic parameters predict persistent postoperative stress incontinence after midurethral sling? A systematic review." International Urogynecology Journal 23, no. 7 (July 2012): 813-822. (Review)
Levin, PJ, Wu, JM, Siddiqui, NY, and Amundsen, CL. "Does obesity impact the success of an InterStim test phase for the treatment of refractory urge urinary incontinence in female patients?." Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery 18, no. 4 (July 2012): 243-246.
Wei, JT, Nygaard, I, Richter, HE, Nager, CW, Barber, MD, Kenton, K, Amundsen, CL, Schaffer, J, Meikle, SF, Spino, C, and Pelvic Floor Disorders Network, . "A midurethral sling to reduce incontinence after vaginal prolapse repair." The New England Journal of Medicine 366, no. 25 (June 2012): 2358-2367.
Nager, CW, Brubaker, L, Litman, HJ, Zyczynski, HM, Varner, RE, Amundsen, C, Sirls, LT, Norton, PA, Arisco, AM, Chai, TC, Zimmern, P, Barber, MD, Dandreo, KJ, Menefee, SA, Kenton, K, Lowder, J, Richter, HE, Khandwala, S, Nygaard, I, Kraus, SR, Johnson, HW, Lemack, GE, Mihova, M, Albo, ME, Mueller, E, Sutkin, G, Wilson, TS, Hsu, Y, Rozanski, TA, Rickey, LM, Rahn, D, Tennstedt, S, Kusek, JW, Gormley, EA, and Urinary Incontinence Treatment Network, . "A randomized trial of urodynamic testing before stress-incontinence surgery." The New England Journal of Medicine 366, no. 21 (May 2, 2012): 1987-1997.
Wu, JM, Visco, AG, Grass, EA, Craig, DM, Fulton, RG, Haynes, C, Amundsen, CL, and Shah, SH. "Comprehensive analysis of LAMC1 genetic variants in advanced pelvic organ prolapse." Am J Obstet Gynecol 206, no. 5 (May 2012): 447.e1-447.e6.
Dieter, AA, Amundsen, CL, Visco, AG, and Siddiqui, NY. "Treatment for urinary tract infection after midurethral sling: a retrospective study comparing patients who receive short-term postoperative catheterization and patients who pass a void trial on the day of surgery." Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery 18, no. 3 (May 2012): 175-178.
Kenton, K, Barber, M, Wang, L, Hsu, Y, Rahn, D, Whitcomb, E, Amundsen, C, Bradley, CS, Zyczynski, H, Richter, HE, and Pelvic Floor Disorders Network, . "Pelvic floor symptoms improve similarly after pessary and behavioral treatment for stress incontinence." Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery 18, no. 2 (March 2012): 118-121.