Preud'homme, XA, Amundsen, CL, Webster, GD, Jiang, W, Kuchibhatla, M, and Krystal, AD. "AUTONOMIC NERVOUS SYSTEM ACTIVITY PRECEDING NOCTURIA IN OLDER ADULTS." 2011.
Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evalaution of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee, Memphis, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Duke KURe Program
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Krystal, AD, Preud'homme, XA, Amundsen, CL, and Webster, GD. "Detrusor overactivity persisting at night and preceding nocturia in patients with overactive bladder syndrome: a nocturnal cystometrogram and polysomnogram study." J Urol 184, no. 2 (August 2010): 623-628.
Horvath, EE, Yoo, PB, Amundsen, CL, Webster, GD, and Grill, WM. "Conditional and continuous electrical stimulation increase cystometric capacity in persons with spinal cord injury." Neurourol Urodyn 29, no. 3 (March 2010): 401-407.
Siddiqui, NY, Wu, JM, and Amundsen, CL. "Efficacy and adverse events of sacral nerve stimulation for overactive bladder: A systematic review." Neurourol Urodyn 29 Suppl 1 (2010): S18-S23. (Review)
Preud'homme, XA, Amundsen, CL, Webster, GD, and Krystal, AD. "MONITORED NIGHTTIME BLADDER FUNCTION: COMPARISONS BETWEEN PATIENTS WITH INSOMNIA AND THOSE WITH OVERACTIVE BLADDER SYNDROME." SLEEP 33 (2010): A293-A293.
Krystal, AD, Preud'homme, XA, Amundsen, CL, and Webster, GD. "NOCTURNAL DETRUSOR OVERACTIVITY IN OVERACTIVE BLADDER SYNDROME: A NOCTURNAL CYSTOMETROGRAPHIC AND POLYSOMNOGRAPHIC STUDY." SLEEP 33 (2010): A293-A293.
Preud'homme, XA, Amundsen, CL, Webster, GD, and Krystal, AD. "SELF-REPORTED SLEEP: HOW DO PATIENTS WITH OAB COMPARE TO INSOMNIACS AND NORMAL SUBJECTS?." SLEEP 33 (2010): A292-A292.
Siddiqui, NY, Amundsen, CL, Visco, AG, Myers, ER, and Wu, JM. "Cost-effectiveness of sacral neuromodulation versus intravesical botulinum A toxin for treatment of refractory urge incontinence." J Urol 182, no. 6 (December 2009): 2799-2804.
Yoo, PB, Horvath, EE, Amundsen, CL, Webster, GD, and Grill, WM. "Intraurethral activation of excitatory bladder reflexes in persons with spinal cord injury." Conference proceedings : .. Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Conference (December 1, 2009): 6781-6784.
Nager, CW, Brubaker, L, Daneshgari, F, Litman, HJ, Dandreo, KJ, Sirls, L, Lemack, GE, Richter, HE, Leng, W, Norton, P, Kraus, SR, Chai, TC, Chang, D, Amundsen, CL, Stoddard, AM, Tennstedt, SL, and Urinary Incontinence Treatment Network, . "Design of the Value of Urodynamic Evaluation (ValUE) trial: A non-inferiority randomized trial of preoperative urodynamic investigations." Contemp Clin Trials 30, no. 6 (November 2009): 531-539.