Richter, H. E., C. L. Amundsen, S. W. Erickson, J. E. Jelovsek, Y. Komesu, C. Chermansky, H. S. Harvie, et al. “Characteristics Associated with Treatment Response and Satisfaction in Women Undergoing OnabotulinumtoxinA and Sacral Neuromodulation for Refractory Urgency Urinary Incontinence.” Obstetrical and Gynecological Survey 72, no. 12 (December 1, 2017): 709–11. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.ogx.0000527551.60666.74.
Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evaluation of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
- Evaluation of the urinary microbiome as it relates to recurrent urinary tract infections and lower urinary tract symptoms
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee Health Science Center, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke Women's Reproductive Health Research Scholars
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- AUGS/DUKE Urogynecology Clinical Research Educational Scientist Training (UrogynCREST) Program
- A prospective study to assess the efficacy and safety of the BlueWind RENOVA iStim System in the treatment of patients diagnosed with overactive bladder (OASIS - OverActive bladder StImulation System
- Predicting Urinary Continence Status with Sacral Neuromodulation and Botulinum Toxin Treatments
- Duke KURe Program - Supplement
- Underactive Bladder: Mechanisms and Recovery of Sensation and Function
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Effects of Aging and the Urinary Microbiome on Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections
- Model for Predicting Efficacy of Treatment and Complications in Women after Intradetrusor OnabotulinumtoxinA for Non-Neurogenic Urgency Incontinence"
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Combination Therapy in the Treatment of Urge Urinary Incontinence: A Randomized, Placebo Controlled Trial
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Meekins, A Rebecca, Nazema Y. Siddiqui, Cindy L. Amundsen, Maragatha Kuchibhatla, and Alexis A. Dieter. “Improving Postoperative Efficiency: An Algorithm for Expedited Void Trials After Urogynecologic Surgery.” South Med J 110, no. 12 (December 2017): 785–90. https://doi.org/10.14423/SMJ.0000000000000733.
McGee, Meredith J., Brandon D. Swan, Zachary C. Danziger, Cindy L. Amundsen, and Warren M. Grill. “Multiple Reflex Pathways Contribute to Bladder Activation by Intraurethral Stimulation in Persons With Spinal Cord Injury.” Urology 109 (November 2017): 210–15. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.urology.2017.07.041.
Weidner, Alison C., Matthew D. Barber, Alayne Markland, David D. Rahn, Yvonne Hsu, Elizabeth R. Mueller, Sharon Jakus-Waldman, et al. “Perioperative Behavioral Therapy and Pelvic Muscle Strengthening Do Not Enhance Quality of Life After Pelvic Surgery: Secondary Report of a Randomized Controlled Trial.” Phys Ther 97, no. 11 (November 1, 2017): 1075–83. https://doi.org/10.1093/ptj/pzx077.
Richter, Holly E., C. L. Amundsen, S. W. Erickson, J. E. Jelovsek, Y. Komesu, C. Chermansky, H. S. Harvie, et al. “Characteristics Associated with Treatment Response and Satisfaction in Women Undergoing OnabotulinumtoxinA and Sacral Neuromodulation for Refractory Urgency Urinary Incontinence.” J Urol 198, no. 4 (October 2017): 890–96. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2017.04.103.
Richter, Holly E., Pamela Moalli, Cindy L. Amundsen, Anna P. Malykhina, Dennis Wallace, Rebecca Rogers, Deborah Myers, et al. “Urinary Biomarkers in Women with Refractory Urgency Urinary Incontinence Randomized to Sacral Neuromodulation versus OnabotulinumtoxinA Compared to Controls.” J Urol 197, no. 6 (June 2017): 1487–95. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2017.01.037.