Flynn, MK, Amundsen, CL, Perevich, M, Liu, F, and Webster, GD. "Outcome of a randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled trial of botulinum A toxin for refractory overactive bladder." J Urol 181, no. 6 (June 2009): 2608-2615.
Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evalaution of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee, Memphis, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Duke KURe Program
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Wu, JM, Siddiqui, NY, Amundsen, CL, Myers, ER, Havrilesky, LJ, and Visco, AG. "Cost-effectiveness of botulinum toxin a versus anticholinergic medications for idiopathic urge incontinence." J Urol 181, no. 5 (May 2009): 2181-2186.
South, MMT, Wu, JM, Webster, GD, Weidner, AC, Roelands, JJ, and Amundsen, CL. "Early vs late midline sling lysis results in greater improvement in lower urinary tract symptoms." Am J Obstet Gynecol 200, no. 5 (May 2009): 564.e1-564.e5.
Wei, J, Nygaard, I, Richter, H, Brown, M, Barber, M, Xiao Xu, , Kenton, K, Nager, C, Schaffer, J, Visco, A, Weber, A, and Pelvic Floor Disorders Network, . "Outcomes following vaginal prolapse repair and mid urethral sling (OPUS) trial--design and methods." Clinical trials (London, England) 6, no. 2 (April 2009): 162-171.
Yoo, PB, Horvath, EE, Amundsen, CL, Webster, GD, and Grill, WM. "Intraurethral activation of excitatory bladder reflexes in persons with spinal cord injury." Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2009 (2009): 6781-6784.
Yoo, PB, Horvath, EE, Amundsen, CL, Webster, GD, and Grill, WM. "Intraurethral activation of excitatory bladder reflexes in persons with spinal cord injury." Conference proceedings : .. Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Conference 2009 (2009): 6781-6784.
Tissot, W, Amundsen, CL, Diokno, AC, Webster, GD, Coats, AC, and Bladder Diary Research Team, . "Bladder diary measurements in asymptomatic males: frequency, volume per void, and 24-hr volume." Neurourol Urodyn 27, no. 3 (2008): 198-204.
Foster, RT, Amundsen, C, and Webster, GD. "Complications of Vaginal Surgery." Female Urology (2008): 751-758.
Goldman, HB, Amundsen, CL, Mangel, J, Grill, J, Bennett, M, Gustafson, KJ, and Grill, WM. "Dorsal genital nerve stimulation for the treatment of overactive bladder symptoms." Neurourol Urodyn 27, no. 6 (2008): 499-503.
Foster, RT, Borawski, KM, South, MM, Weidner, AC, Webster, GD, and Amundsen, CL. "A randomized, controlled trial evaluating 2 techniques of postoperative bladder testing after transvaginal surgery." Am J Obstet Gynecol 197, no. 6 (December 2007): 627.e1-627.e4.