Wei, J, Nygaard, I, Richter, H, Brown, M, Barber, M, Xiao Xu, , Kenton, K, Nager, C, Schaffer, J, Visco, A, Weber, A, and Pelvic Floor Disorders Network, . "Outcomes following vaginal prolapse repair and mid urethral sling (OPUS) trial--design and methods." Clinical trials (London, England) 6, no. 2 (April 2009): 162-171.
Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evalaution of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee, Memphis, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Duke KURe Program
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Combination Therapy in the Treatment of Urge Urinary Incontinence: A Randomized, Placebo Controlled Trial
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Yoo, PB, Horvath, EE, Amundsen, CL, Webster, GD, and Grill, WM. "Intraurethral activation of excitatory bladder reflexes in persons with spinal cord injury." Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2009 (2009): 6781-6784.
Yoo, PB, Horvath, EE, Amundsen, CL, Webster, GD, and Grill, WM. "Intraurethral activation of excitatory bladder reflexes in persons with spinal cord injury." Conference proceedings : .. Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Conference 2009 (2009): 6781-6784.
Tissot, W, Amundsen, CL, Diokno, AC, Webster, GD, Coats, AC, and Bladder Diary Research Team, . "Bladder diary measurements in asymptomatic males: frequency, volume per void, and 24-hr volume." Neurourol Urodyn 27, no. 3 (2008): 198-204.
Foster, RT, Amundsen, C, and Webster, GD. "Complications of Vaginal Surgery." Female Urology (2008): 751-758.
Goldman, HB, Amundsen, CL, Mangel, J, Grill, J, Bennett, M, Gustafson, KJ, and Grill, WM. "Dorsal genital nerve stimulation for the treatment of overactive bladder symptoms." Neurourol Urodyn 27, no. 6 (2008): 499-503.
Foster, RT, Borawski, KM, South, MM, Weidner, AC, Webster, GD, and Amundsen, CL. "A randomized, controlled trial evaluating 2 techniques of postoperative bladder testing after transvaginal surgery." Am J Obstet Gynecol 197, no. 6 (December 2007): 627.e1-627.e4.
South, MMT, Romero, AA, Jamison, MG, Webster, GD, and Amundsen, CL. "Detrusor overactivity does not predict outcome of sacral neuromodulation test stimulation." Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 18, no. 12 (December 2007): 1395-1398.
South, M, and Amundsen, CL. "Pelvic organ prolapse: a review of the current literature." Minerva Ginecol 59, no. 6 (December 2007): 601-612. (Review)
South, MMT, Foster, RT, Webster, GD, Weidner, AC, and Amundsen, CL. "Surgical excision of eroded mesh after prior abdominal sacrocolpopexy." Am J Obstet Gynecol 197, no. 6 (December 2007): 615.e1-615.e5.