Sherman, ND, and Amundsen, CL. "Current and future techniques of neuromodulation for bladder dysfunction." Curr Urol Rep 8, no. 6 (November 2007): 448-454. (Review)
Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evalaution of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee, Memphis, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Duke KURe Program
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Combination Therapy in the Treatment of Urge Urinary Incontinence: A Randomized, Placebo Controlled Trial
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Jamison, MG, Weidner, AC, Romero, AA, and Amundsen, CL. "Lack of psychological resilience: an important correlate for urinary incontinence." Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 18, no. 10 (October 2007): 1127-1132.
Foster, RT, Barber, MD, Parasio, MFR, Walters, MD, Weidner, AC, and Amundsen, CL. "A prospective assessment of overactive bladder symptoms in a cohort of elderly women who underwent transvaginal surgery for advanced pelvic organ prolapse." Am J Obstet Gynecol 197, no. 1 (July 2007): 82.e1-82.e4.
Barber, MD, Amundsen, CL, Paraiso, MFR, Weidner, AC, Romero, A, and Walters, MD. "Quality of life after surgery for genital prolapse in elderly women: obliterative and reconstructive surgery." Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 18, no. 7 (July 2007): 799-806.
Cundiff, GW, Amundsen, CL, Bent, AE, Coates, KW, Schaffer, JI, Strohbehn, K, and Handa, VL. "The PESSRI study: symptom relief outcomes of a randomized crossover trial of the ring and Gellhorn pessaries." Am J Obstet Gynecol 196, no. 4 (April 2007): 405.e1-405.e8.
Foster, RT, Amundsen, CL, and Webster, GD. "The utility of magnetic resonance imaging for diagnosis and surgical planning before transvaginal periurethral diverticulectomy in women." Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 18, no. 3 (March 2007): 315-319.
Dylewski, DA, Jamison, MG, Borawski, KM, Sherman, ND, Amundsen, CL, and Webster, GD. "A statistical comparison of pad numbers versus pad weights in the quantification of urinary incontinence." Neurourol Urodyn 26, no. 1 (2007): 3-7.
Amundsen, CL, Parsons, M, Tissot, B, Cardozo, L, Diokno, A, and Coats, AC. "Bladder diary measurements in asymptomatic females: functional bladder capacity, frequency, and 24-hr volume." Neurourol Urodyn 26, no. 3 (2007): 341-349.
Parsons, M, Amundsen, CL, Cardozo, L, Vella, M, Webster, GD, Coats, AC, and Bladder Diary Research Team, . "Bladder diary patterns in detrusor overactivity and urodynamic stress incontinence." Neurourol Urodyn 26, no. 6 (2007): 800-806.
Sherman, ND, and Amundsen, CL. "Current and future techniques of neuromodulation for bladder dysfunction." Current Bladder Dysfunction Reports 2, no. 3 (2007): 163-169.