Krystal, AD, Preud'homme, XA, Amundsen, CL, and Webster, GD. "NOCTURNAL DETRUSOR OVERACTIVITY IN OVERACTIVE BLADDER SYNDROME: A NOCTURNAL CYSTOMETROGRAPHIC AND POLYSOMNOGRAPHIC STUDY." SLEEP 33 (2010): A293-A293.
Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evalaution of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee, Memphis, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke KURe Program
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Effects of Aging and the Urinary Microbiome on Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Combination Therapy in the Treatment of Urge Urinary Incontinence: A Randomized, Placebo Controlled Trial
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Preud'homme, XA, Amundsen, CL, Webster, GD, and Krystal, AD. "SELF-REPORTED SLEEP: HOW DO PATIENTS WITH OAB COMPARE TO INSOMNIACS AND NORMAL SUBJECTS?." SLEEP 33 (2010): A292-A292.
Siddiqui, NY, Amundsen, CL, Visco, AG, Myers, ER, and Wu, JM. "Cost-effectiveness of sacral neuromodulation versus intravesical botulinum A toxin for treatment of refractory urge incontinence." The Journal of Urology 182, no. 6 (December 2009): 2799-2804.
Yoo, PB, Horvath, EE, Amundsen, CL, Webster, GD, and Grill, WM. "Intraurethral activation of excitatory bladder reflexes in persons with spinal cord injury." Conference proceedings : .. Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Conference (December 1, 2009): 6781-6784.
Nager, CW, Brubaker, L, Daneshgari, F, Litman, HJ, Dandreo, KJ, Sirls, L, Lemack, GE, Richter, HE, Leng, W, Norton, P, Kraus, SR, Chai, TC, Chang, D, Amundsen, CL, Stoddard, AM, Tennstedt, SL, and Urinary Incontinence Treatment Network, . "Design of the Value of Urodynamic Evaluation (ValUE) trial: A non-inferiority randomized trial of preoperative urodynamic investigations." Contemp Clin Trials 30, no. 6 (November 2009): 531-539.
Flynn, MK, Amundsen, CL, Perevich, M, Liu, F, and Webster, GD. "Outcome of a randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled trial of botulinum A toxin for refractory overactive bladder." The Journal of Urology 181, no. 6 (June 2009): 2608-2615.
Wu, JM, Siddiqui, NY, Amundsen, CL, Myers, ER, Havrilesky, LJ, and Visco, AG. "Cost-effectiveness of botulinum toxin a versus anticholinergic medications for idiopathic urge incontinence." The Journal of Urology 181, no. 5 (May 2009): 2181-2186.
South, MMT, Wu, JM, Webster, GD, Weidner, AC, Roelands, JJ, and Amundsen, CL. "Early vs late midline sling lysis results in greater improvement in lower urinary tract symptoms." Am J Obstet Gynecol 200, no. 5 (May 2009): 564.e1-564.e5.
Wei, J, Nygaard, I, Richter, H, Brown, M, Barber, M, Xiao Xu, , Kenton, K, Nager, C, Schaffer, J, Visco, A, Weber, A, and Pelvic Floor Disorders Network, . "Outcomes following vaginal prolapse repair and mid urethral sling (OPUS) trial--design and methods." Clinical Trials (London, England) 6, no. 2 (April 2009): 162-171.
Yoo, PB, Horvath, EE, Amundsen, CL, Webster, GD, and Grill, WM. "Intraurethral activation of excitatory bladder reflexes in persons with spinal cord injury." Proceedings of the 31st Annual International Conference of the Ieee Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society: Engineering the Future of Biomedicine, Embc 2009 (January 1, 2009): 6781-6784.