Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evaluation of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
- Evaluation of the urinary microbiome as it relates to recurrent urinary tract infections and lower urinary tract symptoms
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee Health Science Center, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke Women's Reproductive Health Research Scholars
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- AUGS/DUKE Urogynecology Clinical Research Educational Scientist Training (UrogynCREST) Program
- A prospective study to assess the efficacy and safety of the BlueWind RENOVA iStim System in the treatment of patients diagnosed with overactive bladder (OASIS - OverActive bladder StImulation System
- Predicting Urinary Continence Status with Sacral Neuromodulation and Botulinum Toxin Treatments
- Duke KURe Program
- Underactive Bladder: Mechanisms and Recovery of Sensation and Function
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Effects of Aging and the Urinary Microbiome on Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections
- Model for Predicting Efficacy of Treatment and Complications in Women after Intradetrusor OnabotulinumtoxinA for Non-Neurogenic Urgency Incontinence"
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Combination Therapy in the Treatment of Urge Urinary Incontinence: A Randomized, Placebo Controlled Trial
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Siddiqui, Nazema Y., Laura G. DuBois, Lisa St John-Williams, Thompson J. Will, Carole Grenier, Emily Burke, Matthew O. Fraser, Cindy L. Amundsen, and Susan K. Murphy. “Optimizing Urine Processing Protocols for Protein and Metabolite Detection.” J Proteomics Bioinform 2015, no. Suppl 14 (2015).
Levin, Pamela June, Nazema Yusuf Siddiqui, Jennifer Marie Wu, and Cindy Louise Amundsen. “Psychosocial factors related to the use of InterStim® for the treatment of refractory overactive bladder.” Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg 20, no. 5 (September 2014): 272–75. https://doi.org/10.1097/SPV.0000000000000062.
Siddiqui, N. Y., A. A. Dieter, C. L. Amundsen, J. M. Brooks, D. J. Degoski, and M. O. Fraser. “UNDERACTIVE BLADDER IN OBESE-PRONE RATS FED A HIGH FAT DIET.” In Neurourology and Urodynamics, 33:952–53. WILEY-BLACKWELL, 2014.
Polin, M. R., A. L. Edenfield, A. A. Dieter, C. L. Amundsen, A. G. Visco, and A. C. Weidner. “PREDICTORS OF POSITIVE PREOPERATIVE URINE CULTURES IN ASYMPTOMATIC WOMEN UNDERGOING UROGYNECOLOGIC SURGERY.” International Urogynecology Journal 25 (July 1, 2014): S146–47.
Zyczynski, Halina M., Larry T. Sirls, W Jerod Greer, David D. Rahn, Elizabeth Casiano, Peggy Norton, Hae-Young Kim, Linda Brubaker, and Linda Urinary Incontinence Treatment Network. “Findings of universal cystoscopy at incontinence surgery and their sequelae.” Am J Obstet Gynecol 210, no. 5 (May 2014): 480.e1-480.e8. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajog.2013.12.040.
Amundsen, Cindy L., Holly E. Richter, Shawn Menefee, Sandip Vasavada, David D. Rahn, Kim Kenton, Heidi S. Harvie, Dennis Wallace, and Susie Meikle. “The Refractory Overactive Bladder: Sacral NEuromodulation vs. BoTulinum Toxin Assessment: ROSETTA trial.” Contemp Clin Trials 37, no. 2 (March 2014): 272–83. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cct.2014.01.009.
Dieter, Alexis A., Cindy L. Amundsen, Autumn L. Edenfield, Amie Kawasaki, Pamela J. Levin, Anthony G. Visco, and Nazema Y. Siddiqui. “Oral antibiotics to prevent postoperative urinary tract infection: a randomized controlled trial.” Obstet Gynecol 123, no. 1 (January 2014): 96–103. https://doi.org/10.1097/AOG.0000000000000024.
Preud’homme, Xavier A., Cindy L. Amundsen, George D. Webster, and Andrew D. Krystal. “Comparison of diary-derived bladder and sleep measurements across OAB individuals, primary insomniacs, and healthy controls.” Int Urogynecol J 24, no. 3 (March 2013): 501–8. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00192-012-1890-0.