Goldman, HB, Mangel, J, and Amundsen, CL. "Dorsal genital nerve stimulation for the treatment of refractory overactive bladder symptoms." 2007.
Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evalaution of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee, Memphis, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Duke KURe Program
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Combination Therapy in the Treatment of Urge Urinary Incontinence: A Randomized, Placebo Controlled Trial
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Lemack, GE, Amundsen, C, Badlani, G, Griebling, T, Peters, K, Rodriguez, L, Singla, A, Smith, C, Sullivan, M, and Te, A. "Highlights From the Combined Society of Urodynamics and Female Urology, and International Society of Pelvic Neuromodulation Annual Meeting." Journal of Urology 177, no. 2 (2007): 691-695.
Foster, RT, Anoia, EJ, Webster, GD, and Amundsen, CL. "In patients undergoing neuromodulation for intractable urge incontinence a reduction in 24-hr pad weight after the initial test stimulation best predicts long-term patient satisfaction." Neurourol Urodyn 26, no. 2 (2007): 213-217.
Parsons, M, Tissot, W, Cardozo, L, Diokno, A, Amundsen, CL, Coats, AC, and Bladder Diary Research Team, . "Normative bladder diary measurements: night versus day." Neurourol Urodyn 26, no. 4 (2007): 465-473.
South, M, and Amundsen, C. "Overt rectal prolapse following repair of stage IV vaginal vault prolapse." International Urogynecology Journal and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction 18, no. 4 (2007): 471-473.
Borawski, KM, Foster, RT, Webster, GD, and Amundsen, CL. "Predicting implantation with a neuromodulator using two different test stimulation techniques: A prospective randomized study in urge incontinent women." Neurourol Urodyn 26, no. 1 (2007): 14-18.
Yoo, PB, Klein, SM, Grafstein, NH, Horvath, EE, Amundsen, CL, Webster, GD, and Grill, WM. "Pudendal nerve stimulation evokes reflex bladder contractions in persons with chronic spinal cord injury." Neurourol Urodyn 26, no. 7 (2007): 1020-1023.
Anger, JT, Brown, AJ, and Amundsen, CL. "Sexual dysfunction in women with polycystic ovary syndrome: The effects of testosterone, obesity, and depression." Journal of Pelvic Medicine and Surgery 13, no. 3 (2007): 119-124.
Amundsen, CL, Parsons, M, Cardozo, L, Vella, M, Webster, GD, and Coats, AC. "Bladder diary volume per void measurements in detrusor overactivity." J Urol 176, no. 6 Pt 1 (December 2006): 2530-2534.
Flynn, MK, Weidner, AC, and Amundsen, CL. "Sensory nerve injury after uterosacral ligament suspension." Am J Obstet Gynecol 195, no. 6 (December 2006): 1869-1872.