Tissot, W, Amundsen, CL, Diokno, AC, Webster, GD, Coats, AC, and Bladder Diary Research Team, . "Bladder diary measurements in asymptomatic males: frequency, volume per void, and 24-hr volume." Neurourol Urodyn 27, no. 3 (2008): 198-204.
Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evalaution of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee, Memphis, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke KURe Program
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Effects of Aging and the Urinary Microbiome on Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Combination Therapy in the Treatment of Urge Urinary Incontinence: A Randomized, Placebo Controlled Trial
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Foster, RT, Amundsen, CL, and Webster, GD. "COMPLICATIONS OF VAGINAL SURGERY." (2008): 751-758.
Goldman, HB, Amundsen, CL, Mangel, J, Grill, J, Bennett, M, Gustafson, KJ, and Grill, WM. "Dorsal genital nerve stimulation for the treatment of overactive bladder symptoms." Neurourology and Urodynamics 27, no. 6 (January 2008): 499-503.
Foster, Raymond T., Kristy M. Borawski, Mary M. South, Alison C. Weidner, George D. Webster, and Cindy L. Amundsen. “A randomized, controlled trial evaluating 2 techniques of postoperative bladder testing after transvaginal surgery..” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 197, no. 6 (December 2007): 627.e1-627.e4. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajog.2007.08.017.
South, MMT, Romero, AA, Jamison, MG, Webster, GD, and Amundsen, CL. "Detrusor overactivity does not predict outcome of sacral neuromodulation test stimulation." Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 18, no. 12 (December 2007): 1395-1398.
South, M, and Amundsen, CL. "Pelvic organ prolapse: a review of the current literature." Minerva Ginecol 59, no. 6 (December 2007): 601-612. (Review)
South, Mary M. T., Raymond T. Foster, George D. Webster, Alison C. Weidner, and Cindy L. Amundsen. “Surgical excision of eroded mesh after prior abdominal sacrocolpopexy..” American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 197, no. 6 (December 2007): 615.e1-615.e5. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajog.2007.08.012.
Sherman, ND, and Amundsen, CL. "Current and future techniques of neuromodulation for bladder dysfunction." Curr Urol Rep 8, no. 6 (November 2007): 448-454. (Review)
Jamison, Margaret G., Alison C. Weidner, Audrey A. Romero, and Cindy L. Amundsen. “Lack of psychological resilience: an important correlate for urinary incontinence..” International Urogynecology Journal and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction 18, no. 10 (October 2007): 1127–32. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00192-007-0315-y.
Sherman, ND, and Amundsen, CL. "Current and future techniques of neuromodulation for bladder dysfunction." Current Bladder Dysfunction Reports 2, no. 3 (September 2007): 163-169.