Yoo, PB, Horvath, EE, Amundsen, CL, Webster, GD, and Grill, WM. "Intraurethral activation of excitatory bladder reflexes in persons with spinal cord injury." Conference Proceedings : ... Annual International Conference of the Ieee Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Ieee Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Annual Conference 2009 (January 2009): 6781-6784.
Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evalaution of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee, Memphis, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke KURe Program
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Effects of Aging and the Urinary Microbiome on Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Combination Therapy in the Treatment of Urge Urinary Incontinence: A Randomized, Placebo Controlled Trial
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Tissot, W, Amundsen, CL, Diokno, AC, Webster, GD, Coats, AC, and Bladder Diary Research Team, . "Bladder diary measurements in asymptomatic males: frequency, volume per void, and 24-hr volume." Neurourol Urodyn 27, no. 3 (2008): 198-204.
Foster, RT, Amundsen, C, and Webster, GD. "Complications of Vaginal Surgery." Female Urology (2008): 751-758.
Goldman, HB, Amundsen, CL, Mangel, J, Grill, J, Bennett, M, Gustafson, KJ, and Grill, WM. "Dorsal genital nerve stimulation for the treatment of overactive bladder symptoms." Neurourology and Urodynamics 27, no. 6 (January 2008): 499-503.
Foster, RT, Borawski, KM, South, MM, Weidner, AC, Webster, GD, and Amundsen, CL. "A randomized, controlled trial evaluating 2 techniques of postoperative bladder testing after transvaginal surgery." Am J Obstet Gynecol 197, no. 6 (December 2007): 627.e1-627.e4.
South, MMT, Romero, AA, Jamison, MG, Webster, GD, and Amundsen, CL. "Detrusor overactivity does not predict outcome of sacral neuromodulation test stimulation." Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 18, no. 12 (December 2007): 1395-1398.
South, M, and Amundsen, CL. "Pelvic organ prolapse: a review of the current literature." Minerva Ginecol 59, no. 6 (December 2007): 601-612. (Review)
South, MMT, Foster, RT, Webster, GD, Weidner, AC, and Amundsen, CL. "Surgical excision of eroded mesh after prior abdominal sacrocolpopexy." Am J Obstet Gynecol 197, no. 6 (December 2007): 615.e1-615.e5.
Sherman, ND, and Amundsen, CL. "Current and future techniques of neuromodulation for bladder dysfunction." Curr Urol Rep 8, no. 6 (November 2007): 448-454. (Review)
Jamison, MG, Weidner, AC, Romero, AA, and Amundsen, CL. "Lack of psychological resilience: an important correlate for urinary incontinence." Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 18, no. 10 (October 2007): 1127-1132.