Foster, RT, Borawski, KM, South, MM, Weidner, AC, Webster, GD, and Amundsen, CL. "A randomized, controlled trial evaluating 2 techniques of postoperative bladder testing after transvaginal surgery." Am J Obstet Gynecol 197, no. 6 (December 2007): 627.e1-627.e4.
Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evalaution of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee, Memphis, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Effects of Aging and the Urinary Microbiome on Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- Duke KURe Program
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Combination Therapy in the Treatment of Urge Urinary Incontinence: A Randomized, Placebo Controlled Trial
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
South, MMT, Romero, AA, Jamison, MG, Webster, GD, and Amundsen, CL. "Detrusor overactivity does not predict outcome of sacral neuromodulation test stimulation." Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 18, no. 12 (December 2007): 1395-1398.
South, M, and Amundsen, CL. "Pelvic organ prolapse: a review of the current literature." Minerva Ginecol 59, no. 6 (December 2007): 601-612. (Review)
South, MMT, Foster, RT, Webster, GD, Weidner, AC, and Amundsen, CL. "Surgical excision of eroded mesh after prior abdominal sacrocolpopexy." Am J Obstet Gynecol 197, no. 6 (December 2007): 615.e1-615.e5.
Sherman, ND, and Amundsen, CL. "Current and future techniques of neuromodulation for bladder dysfunction." Curr Urol Rep 8, no. 6 (November 2007): 448-454. (Review)
Jamison, MG, Weidner, AC, Romero, AA, and Amundsen, CL. "Lack of psychological resilience: an important correlate for urinary incontinence." Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 18, no. 10 (October 2007): 1127-1132.
Foster, RT, Barber, MD, Parasio, MFR, Walters, MD, Weidner, AC, and Amundsen, CL. "A prospective assessment of overactive bladder symptoms in a cohort of elderly women who underwent transvaginal surgery for advanced pelvic organ prolapse." Am J Obstet Gynecol 197, no. 1 (July 2007): 82.e1-82.e4.
Barber, MD, Amundsen, CL, Paraiso, MFR, Weidner, AC, Romero, A, and Walters, MD. "Quality of life after surgery for genital prolapse in elderly women: obliterative and reconstructive surgery." Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 18, no. 7 (July 2007): 799-806.
Cundiff, GW, Amundsen, CL, Bent, AE, Coates, KW, Schaffer, JI, Strohbehn, K, and Handa, VL. "The PESSRI study: symptom relief outcomes of a randomized crossover trial of the ring and Gellhorn pessaries." American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 196, no. 4 (April 2007): 405.e1-405.e8.
Foster, RT, Amundsen, CL, and Webster, GD. "The utility of magnetic resonance imaging for diagnosis and surgical planning before transvaginal periurethral diverticulectomy in women." Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 18, no. 3 (March 2007): 315-319.