Edenfield, Autumn L., Cindy L. Amundsen, Alison C. Weidner, Jennifer M. Wu, Amy George, and Nazema Y. Siddiqui. “Vaginal prolapse recurrence after uterosacral ligament suspension in normal-weight compared with overweight and obese women.” Obstet Gynecol 121, no. 3 (March 2013): 554–59. https://doi.org/10.1097/AOG.0b013e3182839eeb.
Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evaluation of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
- Evaluation of the urinary microbiome as it relates to recurrent urinary tract infections and lower urinary tract symptoms
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee Health Science Center, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke Women's Reproductive Health Research Scholars
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- AUGS/DUKE Urogynecology Clinical Research Educational Scientist Training (UrogynCREST) Program
- A prospective study to assess the efficacy and safety of the BlueWind RENOVA iStim System in the treatment of patients diagnosed with overactive bladder (OASIS - OverActive bladder StImulation System
- Predicting Urinary Continence Status with Sacral Neuromodulation and Botulinum Toxin Treatments
- Duke KURe Program
- Underactive Bladder: Mechanisms and Recovery of Sensation and Function
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Effects of Aging and the Urinary Microbiome on Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections
- Model for Predicting Efficacy of Treatment and Complications in Women after Intradetrusor OnabotulinumtoxinA for Non-Neurogenic Urgency Incontinence"
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Combination Therapy in the Treatment of Urge Urinary Incontinence: A Randomized, Placebo Controlled Trial
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Jonsson Funk, Michele, Nazema Y. Siddiqui, Virginia Pate, Cindy L. Amundsen, and Jennifer M. Wu. “Sling revision/removal for mesh erosion and urinary retention: long-term risk and predictors.” Am J Obstet Gynecol 208, no. 1 (January 2013): 73.e1-73.e7. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajog.2012.10.006.
Levin, Pamela J., Jennifer M. Wu, Amie Kawasaki, Alison C. Weidner, and Cindy L. Amundsen. “The efficacy of posterior tibial nerve stimulation for the treatment of overactive bladder in women: a systematic review.” Int Urogynecol J 23, no. 11 (November 2012): 1591–97. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00192-012-1712-4.
Nager, C. W., L. Brubaker, H. J. Litman, H. M. Zyczynski, R. E. Varner, C. Amundsen, L. T. Sirls, et al. “A randomized trial of urodynamic testing before stress-incontinence surgery.” Obstetrical and Gynecological Survey 67, no. 10 (October 1, 2012): 628–29. https://doi.org/10.1097/OGX.0b013e318270613f.
Kawasaki, Amie, Jennifer M. Wu, Cindy L. Amundsen, Alison C. Weidner, John P. Judd, Ethan M. Balk, and Nazema Y. Siddiqui. “Do urodynamic parameters predict persistent postoperative stress incontinence after midurethral sling? A systematic review.” Int Urogynecol J 23, no. 7 (July 2012): 813–22. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00192-012-1693-3.
Levin, Pamela June, Jennifer M. Wu, Nazema Y. Siddiqui, and Cindy L. Amundsen. “Does obesity impact the success of an InterStim test phase for the treatment of refractory urge urinary incontinence in female patients?” Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg 18, no. 4 (July 2012): 243–46. https://doi.org/10.1097/SPV.0b013e31826150fe.
Nager, Charles W., Linda Brubaker, Heather J. Litman, Halina M. Zyczynski, R Edward Varner, Cindy Amundsen, Larry T. Sirls, et al. “A randomized trial of urodynamic testing before stress-incontinence surgery.” The New England Journal of Medicine 366, no. 21 (May 2, 2012): 1987–97. https://doi.org/10.1056/nejmoa1113595.
Wu, Jennifer M., Anthony G. Visco, Elizabeth A. Grass, Damian M. Craig, Rebekah G. Fulton, Carol Haynes, Cindy L. Amundsen, and Svati H. Shah. “Comprehensive analysis of LAMC1 genetic variants in advanced pelvic organ prolapse.” Am J Obstet Gynecol 206, no. 5 (May 2012): 447.e1-447.e6. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajog.2012.01.033.
Dieter, Alexis A., Cindy L. Amundsen, Anthony G. Visco, and Nazema Y. Siddiqui. “Treatment for urinary tract infection after midurethral sling: a retrospective study comparing patients who receive short-term postoperative catheterization and patients who pass a void trial on the day of surgery.” Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg 18, no. 3 (May 2012): 175–78. https://doi.org/10.1097/SPV.0b013e3182544e03.