Anger, JT, Brown, AJ, and Amundsen, CL. "Sexual dysfunction in women with polycystic ovary syndrome: The effects of testosterone, obesity, and depression." Journal of Pelvic Medicine and Surgery 13, no. 3 (2007): 119-124.
Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evalaution of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee, Memphis, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Duke KURe Program
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Amundsen, CL, Parsons, M, Cardozo, L, Vella, M, Webster, GD, and Coats, AC. "Bladder diary volume per void measurements in detrusor overactivity." J Urol 176, no. 6 Pt 1 (December 2006): 2530-2534.
Flynn, MK, Weidner, AC, and Amundsen, CL. "Sensory nerve injury after uterosacral ligament suspension." Am J Obstet Gynecol 195, no. 6 (December 2006): 1869-1872.
Anger, JT, Amundsen, CL, and Webster, GD. "Obstruction after Burch colposuspension: a return to retropubic urethrolysis." Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 17, no. 5 (September 2006): 455-459.
Sherman, ND, and Amundsen, CL. "The current use of neuromodulation for bladder dysfunction." Minerva Ginecol 58, no. 4 (August 2006): 283-293. (Review)
Flynn, MK, and Amundsen, CL. "Diagnosis of Pelvic Organ Prolapse." Multidisciplinary Management of Female Pelvic Floor Disorders (2006): 115-121.
Sherman, ND, Jamison, MG, Webster, GD, and Amundsen, CL. "Sacral neuromodulation for the treatment of refractory urinary urge incontinence after stress incontinence surgery." Am J Obstet Gynecol 193, no. 6 (December 2005): 2083-2087.
Amundsen, CL, Romero, AA, Jamison, MG, and Webster, GD. "Sacral neuromodulation for intractable urge incontinence: are there factors associated with cure?." Urology 66, no. 4 (October 2005): 746-750.
Drake, NL, Weidner, AC, Webster, GD, and Amundsen, CL. "Patient characteristics and management of dermal allograft extrusions." Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 16, no. 5 (September 2005): 375-377.
Flynn, MK, Webster, GD, and Amundsen, CL. "Abdominal sacral colpopexy with allograft fascia lata: one-year outcomes." Am J Obstet Gynecol 192, no. 5 (May 2005): 1496-1500.