Wu, Jennifer M., Anthony G. Visco, Elizabeth A. Grass, Damian M. Craig, Rebekah G. Fulton, Carol Haynes, Cindy L. Amundsen, and Svati H. Shah. “Comprehensive analysis of LAMC1 genetic variants in advanced pelvic organ prolapse.” Am J Obstet Gynecol 206, no. 5 (May 2012): 447.e1-447.e6. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajog.2012.01.033.
Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evaluation of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
- Evaluation of the urinary microbiome as it relates to recurrent urinary tract infections and lower urinary tract symptoms
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee Health Science Center, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke Women's Reproductive Health Research Scholars
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- AUGS/DUKE Urogynecology Clinical Research Educational Scientist Training (UrogynCREST) Program
- A prospective study to assess the efficacy and safety of the BlueWind RENOVA iStim System in the treatment of patients diagnosed with overactive bladder (OASIS - OverActive bladder StImulation System
- Predicting Urinary Continence Status with Sacral Neuromodulation and Botulinum Toxin Treatments
- Duke KURe Program
- Underactive Bladder: Mechanisms and Recovery of Sensation and Function
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Effects of Aging and the Urinary Microbiome on Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections
- Model for Predicting Efficacy of Treatment and Complications in Women after Intradetrusor OnabotulinumtoxinA for Non-Neurogenic Urgency Incontinence"
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Combination Therapy in the Treatment of Urge Urinary Incontinence: A Randomized, Placebo Controlled Trial
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Dieter, Alexis A., Cindy L. Amundsen, Anthony G. Visco, and Nazema Y. Siddiqui. “Treatment for urinary tract infection after midurethral sling: a retrospective study comparing patients who receive short-term postoperative catheterization and patients who pass a void trial on the day of surgery.” Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg 18, no. 3 (May 2012): 175–78. https://doi.org/10.1097/SPV.0b013e3182544e03.
Kenton, Kimberly, Matthew Barber, Lu Wang, Yvonne Hsu, David Rahn, Emily Whitcomb, Cindy Amundsen, et al. “Pelvic floor symptoms improve similarly after pessary and behavioral treatment for stress incontinence.” Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg 18, no. 2 (March 2012): 118–21. https://doi.org/10.1097/SPV.0b013e31824a021d.
Barber, Matthew D., Alison C. Weidner, Andrew I. Sokol, Cindy L. Amundsen, J Eric Jelovsek, Mickey M. Karram, Mark Ellerkmann, et al. “Single-incision mini-sling compared with tension-free vaginal tape for the treatment of stress urinary incontinence: a randomized controlled trial.” Obstet Gynecol 119, no. 2 Pt 1 (February 2012): 328–37. https://doi.org/10.1097/AOG.0b013e318242a849.
Preud’homme, X. A., J. Lohri, C. L. Amundsen, A. Peterson, G. D. Webster, and A. D. Krystal. “NOCTURIA IN SUBJECTS WITH OVERACTIVE BLADDER SYNDROME (OAB): WHAT WAKES THEM UP?” In Sleep, 35:A309–A309. OXFORD UNIV PRESS INC, 2012.
Wu, Jennifer M., Rebekah G. Fulton, Cindy L. Amundsen, Sharon K. Knight, and Miriam Kuppermann. “Patient preferences for different severities of and treatments for overactive bladder.” Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg 17, no. 4 (July 2011): 184–89. https://doi.org/10.1097/SPV.0b013e318223c8ad.
Yoo, Paul B., Eric E. Horvath, Cindy L. Amundsen, George D. Webster, and Warren M. Grill. “Multiple pudendal sensory pathways reflexly modulate bladder and urethral activity in patients with spinal cord injury.” J Urol 185, no. 2 (February 2011): 737–43. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2010.09.079.
Preud’homme, X. A., C. L. Amundsen, G. D. Webster, W. Jiang, M. Kuchibhatla, and A. D. Krystal. “AUTONOMIC NERVOUS SYSTEM ACTIVITY PRECEDING NOCTURIA IN OLDER ADULTS.” In Sleep, 34:A241–A241. OXFORD UNIV PRESS INC, 2011.
Krystal, Andrew D., Xavier A. Preud’homme, Cindy L. Amundsen, and George D. Webster. “Detrusor overactivity persisting at night and preceding nocturia in patients with overactive bladder syndrome: a nocturnal cystometrogram and polysomnogram study.” J Urol 184, no. 2 (August 2010): 623–28. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.juro.2010.03.148.