Sherman, ND, and Amundsen, CL. "Current and future techniques of neuromodulation for bladder dysfunction." Current Bladder Dysfunction Reports 2, no. 3 (September 2007): 163-169.
Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evalaution of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee, Memphis, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke KURe Program
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Effects of Aging and the Urinary Microbiome on Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Combination Therapy in the Treatment of Urge Urinary Incontinence: A Randomized, Placebo Controlled Trial
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Foster, RT, Barber, MD, Parasio, MFR, Walters, MD, Weidner, AC, and Amundsen, CL. "A prospective assessment of overactive bladder symptoms in a cohort of elderly women who underwent transvaginal surgery for advanced pelvic organ prolapse." Am J Obstet Gynecol 197, no. 1 (July 2007): 82.e1-82.e4.
Barber, MD, Amundsen, CL, Paraiso, MFR, Weidner, AC, Romero, A, and Walters, MD. "Quality of life after surgery for genital prolapse in elderly women: obliterative and reconstructive surgery." Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 18, no. 7 (July 2007): 799-806.
Anger, JT, Brown, AJ, and Amundsen, CL. "Sexual Dysfunction in Women With Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: The Effects of Testosterone, Obesity, and Depression." Journal of Pelvic Medicine and Surgery 13, no. 3 (May 2007): 119-124.
Cundiff, GW, Amundsen, CL, Bent, AE, Coates, KW, Schaffer, JI, Strohbehn, K, and Handa, VL. "The PESSRI study: symptom relief outcomes of a randomized crossover trial of the ring and Gellhorn pessaries." American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 196, no. 4 (April 2007): 405.e1-405.e8.
Foster, RT, Amundsen, CL, and Webster, GD. "The utility of magnetic resonance imaging for diagnosis and surgical planning before transvaginal periurethral diverticulectomy in women." Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 18, no. 3 (March 2007): 315-319.
Dylewski, DA, Jamison, MG, Borawski, KM, Sherman, ND, Amundsen, CL, and Webster, GD. "A statistical comparison of pad numbers versus pad weights in the quantification of urinary incontinence." Neurourol Urodyn 26, no. 1 (2007): 3-7.
Amundsen, CL, Parsons, M, Tissot, B, Cardozo, L, Diokno, A, and Coats, AC. "Bladder diary measurements in asymptomatic females: functional bladder capacity, frequency, and 24-hr volume." Neurourol Urodyn 26, no. 3 (2007): 341-349.
Parsons, M, Amundsen, CL, Cardozo, L, Vella, M, Webster, GD, Coats, AC, and Bladder Diary Research Team, . "Bladder diary patterns in detrusor overactivity and urodynamic stress incontinence." Neurourol Urodyn 26, no. 6 (2007): 800-806.
Goldman, HB, Mangel, J, and Amundsen, CL. "Dorsal genital nerve stimulation for the treatment of refractory overactive bladder symptoms." 2007.