Dylewski, DA, Jamison, MG, Borawski, KM, Sherman, ND, Amundsen, CL, and Webster, GD. "A statistical comparison of pad numbers versus pad weights in the quantification of urinary incontinence." Neurourol Urodyn 26, no. 1 (2007): 3-7.
Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evalaution of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee, Memphis, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Effects of Aging and the Urinary Microbiome on Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- Duke KURe Program
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Combination Therapy in the Treatment of Urge Urinary Incontinence: A Randomized, Placebo Controlled Trial
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Amundsen, CL, Parsons, M, Tissot, B, Cardozo, L, Diokno, A, and Coats, AC. "Bladder diary measurements in asymptomatic females: functional bladder capacity, frequency, and 24-hr volume." Neurourol Urodyn 26, no. 3 (2007): 341-349.
Parsons, M, Amundsen, CL, Cardozo, L, Vella, M, Webster, GD, Coats, AC, and Bladder Diary Research Team, . "Bladder diary patterns in detrusor overactivity and urodynamic stress incontinence." Neurourol Urodyn 26, no. 6 (2007): 800-806.
Sherman, ND, and Amundsen, CL. "Current and future techniques of neuromodulation for bladder dysfunction." Current Bladder Dysfunction Reports 2, no. 3 (2007): 163-169.
Goldman, HB, Mangel, J, and Amundsen, CL. "Dorsal genital nerve stimulation for the treatment of refractory overactive bladder symptoms." 2007.
Lemack, GE, Amundsen, C, Badlani, G, Griebling, T, Peters, K, Rodriguez, L, Singla, A, Smith, C, Sullivan, M, and Te, A. "Highlights From the Combined Society of Urodynamics and Female Urology, and International Society of Pelvic Neuromodulation Annual Meeting." Journal of Urology 177, no. 2 (2007): 691-695.
Foster, RT, Anoia, EJ, Webster, GD, and Amundsen, CL. "In patients undergoing neuromodulation for intractable urge incontinence a reduction in 24-hr pad weight after the initial test stimulation best predicts long-term patient satisfaction." Neurourol Urodyn 26, no. 2 (2007): 213-217.
Parsons, M, Tissot, W, Cardozo, L, Diokno, A, Amundsen, CL, Coats, AC, and Bladder Diary Research Team, . "Normative bladder diary measurements: night versus day." Neurourol Urodyn 26, no. 4 (2007): 465-473.
South, M, and Amundsen, C. "Overt rectal prolapse following repair of stage IV vaginal vault prolapse." International Urogynecology Journal and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction 18, no. 4 (2007): 471-473.
Borawski, KM, Foster, RT, Webster, GD, and Amundsen, CL. "Predicting implantation with a neuromodulator using two different test stimulation techniques: A prospective randomized study in urge incontinent women." Neurourol Urodyn 26, no. 1 (2007): 14-18.