Anger, JT, Amundsen, CL, and Webster, GD. "Obstruction after Burch colposuspension: a return to retropubic urethrolysis." Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 17, no. 5 (September 2006): 455-459.
Cindy Louise Amundsen, MD
- Application of nerve stimulation (Interstim therapy) for control of continence
- Evalaution of botox therapy for urinary urge incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment for nocturnal voiding
- Application of nerve stimulation for control of continence and enable proper voiding in individuals with Spinal cord injuries
- Application of nerve stimulation for urinary retention
- Minimally invasive prolapse surgery using graft material for enhancing pelvic organ prolapse repairs
-Treatment for stress urinary incontinence with minimally invasive techniques
Education and Training
- Urogynecology Fellowship, Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1995 - 1996
- Residency, Obstetrics & Gynecology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 1991 - 1995
- M.D., University of Tennessee, Memphis, 1991
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1997
- Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, 2013
Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction / Pelvic Floor Disorders
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Epigenomics in insulin resistance associated overactive bladder
- Duke KURe Program
- Advancing the Measurement and Classification of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction
- Neural Prosthetic Control of Continence and Micturition
- Combination Therapy in the Treatment of Urge Urinary Incontinence: A Randomized, Placebo Controlled Trial
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (U01) Supplement
- The Jahnigen Career Development Award (JCDA)
- Nocturnal Deterusor Overactivity In Overactive Bladder Syndrome
- The Effect of Androgens on Sexual Function in Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Sherman, ND, and Amundsen, CL. "The current use of neuromodulation for bladder dysfunction." Minerva Ginecol 58, no. 4 (August 2006): 283-293. (Review)
Flynn, MK, and Amundsen, CL. "Diagnosis of Pelvic Organ Prolapse." Multidisciplinary Management of Female Pelvic Floor Disorders (2006): 115-121.
Sherman, ND, Jamison, MG, Webster, GD, and Amundsen, CL. "Sacral neuromodulation for the treatment of refractory urinary urge incontinence after stress incontinence surgery." Am J Obstet Gynecol 193, no. 6 (December 2005): 2083-2087.
Amundsen, CL, Romero, AA, Jamison, MG, and Webster, GD. "Sacral neuromodulation for intractable urge incontinence: are there factors associated with cure?." Urology 66, no. 4 (October 2005): 746-750.
Drake, NL, Weidner, AC, Webster, GD, and Amundsen, CL. "Patient characteristics and management of dermal allograft extrusions." Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 16, no. 5 (September 2005): 375-377.
Flynn, MK, Webster, GD, and Amundsen, CL. "Abdominal sacral colpopexy with allograft fascia lata: one-year outcomes." Am J Obstet Gynecol 192, no. 5 (May 2005): 1496-1500.
Drake, NL, Flynn, MK, Romero, AA, Weidner, AC, and Amundsen, CL. "Nocturnal polyuria in women with overactive bladder symptoms and nocturia." Am J Obstet Gynecol 192, no. 5 (May 2005): 1682-1686.
Flynn, MK, Romero, AA, Amundsen, CL, and Weidner, AC. "Vascular anatomy of the presacral space: a fresh tissue cadaver dissection." Am J Obstet Gynecol 192, no. 5 (May 2005): 1501-1505.
Peterson, AC, Amundsen, CL, and Webster, GD. "The 1-hour pad test is a valuable tool in the initial evaluation of women with urinary incontinence." Journal of Pelvic Medicine and Surgery 11, no. 5 (2005): 251-256.