McComsey, GA, Kang, M, Ross, AC, Lebrecht, D, Livingston, E, Melvin, A, Hitti, J, Cohn, SE, and Walker, UA. "Increased mtDNA levels without change in mitochondrial enzymes in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of infants born to HIV-infected mothers on antiretroviral therapy." HIV Clinical Trials 9, no. 2 (2008): 126-136.
Elizabeth Gresham Livingston, MD
Maternal-Fetal HIV Transmission
1. Safety of Antiretroviral indications in pregnancy
2. Cord blood donation in pregnancy.
3. Diabetes in pregnancy.
4. Obstetric ultrasound.
Education and Training
- M.D., Duke University, 1984
Selected Grants and Awards
- Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part D Grants for Coordinated HIV Services: WICY
- HRSA National Cord Blood Inventory
- CORE / DUMC Pediatric Clinical Research Site (CRS) 1U01AI69484-01
- Pregnancy and Response to Antiretroviral Therapy in South Africa
- HRSA National Cord Blood Inventory, Fifth Cohort
- HIV/AIDS Clinical Trials Unit (IMPAACT CTU)
- IMPAACT CTU
- Early Intervention Services with Respect to HIV Disease in the Northern Outreach Clinic
- Pediatrics AIDS Clincial Trials Unite
- Adult AIDS Clinical Trials Unit
- Adult AIDS Clinical Trials Unit (Administrative Supplement 2)
- Adults AIDS Clinical Trial Unit
- Management of Post-Term Pregnancy
- Adult Aids Clinical Trials Unit
- Duke University Adult Aids Clinical Trails Unit
- Pediatric Aids Clinical Trials Unit
- Pediatric Aids Clinical Trials Program
- Pediatric Aids Treatment Group
Livingston, EG, Cohn, SE, Yang, Y, Watts, HD, Bardeguez, AD, Jones, TB, Smith, LM, Umbleja, T, and McComsey, GA. "Lipids and lactate in human immunodeficiency virus-1 infected pregnancies with or without protease inhibitor-based therapy." Obstet Gynecol 110, no. 2 Pt 1 (August 2007): 391-397.
Witt, KL, Cunningham, CK, Patterson, KB, Kissling, GE, Dertinger, SD, Livingston, E, and Bishop, JB. "Elevated frequencies of micronucleated erythrocytes in infants exposed to zidovudine in utero and postpartum to prevent mother-to-child transmission of HIV." Environ Mol Mutagen 48, no. 3-4 (April 2007): 322-329.
Hitti, J, Andersen, J, McComsey, G, Liu, T, Melvin, A, Smith, L, Stek, A, Aberg, J, Hull, A, Alston-Smith, B, Watts, DH, and Livingston, E. "Protease inhibitor-based antiretroviral therapy and glucose tolerance in pregnancy: AIDS Clinical Trials Group A5084." American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 196, no. 4 (2007): 331.e1-331.e7.
Livingston, EG, Cohn, SE, Yang, Y, Andersen, JW, Watts, DH, Bardeguez, AD, Jones, TB, Stevens, LM, McComsey, GA, and Team, ACTGA. "Effect of protease inhibitor-based antiretroviral therapy on lipid metabolism and lactate levels in pregnancy (ACTG A5084)." 2006.
Grotegut, CA, Larsen, FW, Jones, MR, and Livingston, E. "Erosion of a B-Lynch suture through the uterine wall: a case report." J Reprod Med 49, no. 10 (October 2004): 849-852.
Livingston, EG. "Management of HIV in pregnancy." Curr Womens Health Rep 2, no. 4 (August 2002): 245-252. (Review)
Cunningham, CK, Chaix, M-L, Rekacewicz, C, Britto, P, Rouzioux, C, Gelber, RD, Dorenbaum, A, Delfraissy, JF, Bazin, B, Mofenson, L, and Sullivan, JL. "Development of resistance mutations in women receiving standard antiretroviral therapy who received intrapartum nevirapine to prevent perinatal human immunodeficiency virus type 1 transmission: a substudy of pediatric AIDS clinical trials group protocol 316." The Journal of infectious diseases 186, no. 2 (July 2002): 181-188.
Myers, ER, Blumrick, R, Christian, AL, Santanu Datta, S, Gray, RN, Kolimaga, JT, Livingston, E, Lukes, A, Matchar, DB, and McCrory, DC. "Management of prolonged pregnancy." Evid Rep Technol Assess (Summ), no. 53 (March 2002): 1-6. (Review)
Hertzberg, BS, Livingston, E, DeLong, DM, McNally, PJ, Fazekas, CK, and Kliewer, MA. "Ultrasonographic evaluation of the cervix: transperineal versus endovaginal imaging." J Ultrasound Med 20, no. 10 (October 2001): 1071-1078.