Patel, K, Shapiro, DE, Brogly, SB, Livingston, EG, Stek, AM, Bardeguez, AD, and Tuomala, RE. "Prenatal protease inhibitor use and risk of preterm birth among HIV-infected women initiating antiretroviral drugs during pregnancy." Journal of Infectious Diseases 201, no. 7 (2010): 1035-1044.
Elizabeth Gresham Livingston, MD
Maternal-Fetal HIV Transmission
Diabetes in pregnancy
GYN care in HIV infected adolescents and mothers, adult and pediatric
Ultrasound in pregnancy
Education and Training
- M.D., Duke University, 1984
Selected Grants and Awards
- Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Part D Grants for Coordinated HIV Services: WICY
- HRSA National Cord Blood Inventory
- CORE / DUMC Pediatric Clinical Research Site (CRS) 1U01AI69484-01
- Pregnancy and Response to Antiretroviral Therapy in South Africa
- HRSA National Cord Blood Inventory, Fifth Cohort
- HIV/AIDS Clinical Trials Unit (IMPAACT CTU)
- IMPAACT CTU
- Early Intervention Services with Respect to HIV Disease in the Northern Outreach Clinic
- Pediatrics AIDS Clincial Trials Unite
- Adult AIDS Clinical Trials Unit
- Adult AIDS Clinical Trials Unit (Administrative Supplement 2)
- Adults AIDS Clinical Trial Unit
- Management of Post-Term Pregnancy
- Adult Aids Clinical Trials Unit
- Duke University Adult Aids Clinical Trails Unit
- Pediatric Aids Clinical Trials Unit
- Pediatric Aids Clinical Trials Program
- Pediatric Aids Treatment Group
Melvin, AJ, Kang, M, Hitt, J, Livingston, E, Cohn, SE, Stocker, V, Ross, AC, Watts, H, and McComsey, GA. "Cord blood lipids in infants born to HIV-1-infected women treated with combination antiretroviral therapy." Antiviral Therapy 13, no. 3 (2008): 349-355.
McComsey, GA, Kang, M, Ross, AC, Lebrecht, D, Livingston, E, Melvin, A, Hitti, J, Cohn, SE, and Walker, UA. "Increased mtDNA levels without change in mitochondrial enzymes in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of infants born to HIV-infected mothers on antiretroviral therapy." HIV Clinical Trials 9, no. 2 (2008): 126-136.
Livingston, EG, Cohn, SE, Yang, Y, Watts, HD, Bardeguez, AD, Jones, TB, Smith, LM, Umbleja, T, and McComsey, GA. "Lipids and lactate in human immunodeficiency virus-1 infected pregnancies with or without protease inhibitor-based therapy." Obstet Gynecol 110, no. 2 Pt 1 (August 2007): 391-397.
Witt, KL, Cunningham, CK, Patterson, KB, Kissling, GE, Dertinger, SD, Livingston, E, and Bishop, JB. "Elevated frequencies of micronucleated erythrocytes in infants exposed to zidovudine in utero and postpartum to prevent mother-to-child transmission of HIV." Environ Mol Mutagen 48, no. 3-4 (April 2007): 322-329.
Hitti, J, Andersen, J, McComsey, G, Liu, T, Melvin, A, Smith, L, Stek, A, Aberg, J, Hull, A, Alston-Smith, B, Watts, DH, and Livingston, E. "Protease inhibitor-based antiretroviral therapy and glucose tolerance in pregnancy: AIDS Clinical Trials Group A5084." American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 196, no. 4 (2007): 331.e1-331.e7.
Livingston, EG, Cohn, SE, Yang, Y, Andersen, JW, Watts, DH, Bardeguez, AD, Jones, TB, Stevens, LM, McComsey, GA, and Team, ACTGA. "Effect of protease inhibitor-based antiretroviral therapy on lipid metabolism and lactate levels in pregnancy (ACTG A5084)." 2006.
Grotegut, CA, Larsen, FW, Jones, MR, and Livingston, E. "Erosion of a B-Lynch suture through the uterine wall: a case report." J Reprod Med 49, no. 10 (October 2004): 849-852.
Livingston, EG. "Management of HIV in pregnancy." Curr Womens Health Rep 2, no. 4 (August 2002): 245-252. (Review)
Cunningham, CK, Chaix, M-L, Rekacewicz, C, Britto, P, Rouzioux, C, Gelber, RD, Dorenbaum, A, Delfraissy, JF, Bazin, B, Mofenson, L, and Sullivan, JL. "Development of resistance mutations in women receiving standard antiretroviral therapy who received intrapartum nevirapine to prevent perinatal human immunodeficiency virus type 1 transmission: a substudy of pediatric AIDS clinical trials group protocol 316." The Journal of infectious diseases 186, no. 2 (July 2002): 181-188.