Moss, HA, Samimi, G, Havrilesky, LJ, Sherman, ME, and Myers, ER. "Estimating the number of potential family members eligible for BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation testing in a "Traceback" approach." Genetic epidemiology 42, no. 1 (February 2018): 117-122.
Evan Robert Myers, MD
My research interests are broadly in the application of quantitative methods, especially mathematical modeling and decision analysis, to problems in women's health. Recent and current activities include integration of simulation modeling and systematic reviews to inform decisions surrounding cervical, ovarian, and breast cancer prevention and control, screening for postpartum depression, and management of uterine fibroids. We are also engaged in exploring methods for integrating guidelines development and research prioritization. In addition, I have ongoing collaborations using the tools of decision analysis with faculty in other clinical areas Research is conducted through the Division of Clinical and Epidemiological Research in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the Evidence Synthesis Group in the Duke Clinical Research Institute, and the Duke Cancer Institute.
Education and Training
- Associate, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1992 - 1994
- House Staff - Resident, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1988 - 1992
- M.P.H., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1992
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania, 1988
Selected Grants and Awards
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Comparison of Operative to Medical Endocrine Therapy (COMET) for Low Risk DCIS
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Which palliative care quality measures improve patient-centered outcomes?
- Exploring Value-Based Care from Various Perspectives
- Duke KURe Program
- Exploring factors related to racial disparities in ovarian cancer incidence and survival: the OCWAA consortium
- Optimizing Lupus Management in Pregnancy
- Molecular Methods to Improve Cervical Cancer Screening in HIV+ Women
- Value of Information Analysis: PCORnet Aspirin Maintenance Doseage Trial
- UNC-Duke Collaborative Clinical Pharmacology Postdoctoral Training Program
- Topic Refinement 2015
- PCORI_Triage and FR Prioritization - Amendment #3
- Smoking Resumption-Prevention in Postpartum Women
- Pregnancy and Response to Antiretroviral Therapy in South Africa
- Translational Research in Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Oral Contraceptive Use for the Primary Prevention of Ovarian Cancer
- EPC: Postpartum Depression
- Effectiveness of a Vaccination Program in the Community ObGyn Setting
- Ovarian Failure Among Hysterectomized Women
- Addressing Birth Defect Prevention in Women Veterans
- Effectiveness and Efficiency of Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Decision Analysis on Screening for Cervical Cancer
- An interdisciplinary use of models for cancer prevention
- Testing Pharmacological Therapies for Pregnant Smokers
- Cooperative Multi-Center Reproductive Medicine Network
- Genomics Tests for Ovarian Cancer Detection and Management
- Mentored Clinical Research Scholar Program
- Management of Adnexal Mass
- Duke's Center for Muslim Women's Health
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Risk Group
- Partner Assisted Interventions For Pregnant Smokers
- Management of Post-Term Pregnancy
- Management of Uterine Fibroids
- Risk Adjustment Methods For Complications Of Hysterectomy
Al-Hendy, A, Myers, ER, and Stewart, E. "Uterine Fibroids: Burden and Unmet Medical Need." Seminars in reproductive medicine 35, no. 6 (November 3, 2017): 473-480.
Pigott, T, Noyes, J, Umscheid, CA, Myers, E, Morton, SC, Fu, R, Sanders-Schmidler, GD, Devine, B, Murad, MH, Kelly, MP, Fonnesbeck, C, Kahwati, L, and Beretvas, SN. "AHRQ series on complex intervention systematic reviews-paper 5: advanced analytic methods." Journal of clinical epidemiology 90 (October 2017): 37-42.
Gamble, C, Havrilesky, LJ, Myers, ER, Chino, JP, Hollenbeck, S, Plichta, JK, Kelly Marcom, P, Shelley Hwang, E, Kauff, ND, and Greenup, RA. "Cost Effectiveness of Risk-Reducing Mastectomy versus Surveillance in BRCA Mutation Carriers with a History of Ovarian Cancer." Annals of surgical oncology 24, no. 11 (October 2017): 3116-3123.
Goldenholz, DM, Tharayil, J, Moss, R, Myers, E, and Theodore, WH. "Monte Carlo simulations of randomized clinical trials in epilepsy." Annals of Clinical and Translational Neurology 4, no. 8 (August 2017): 544-552.
Samimi, G, Bernardini, MQ, Brody, LC, Caga-Anan, CF, Campbell, IG, Chenevix-Trench, G, Couch, FJ, Dean, M, de Hullu, JA, Domchek, SM, Drapkin, R, Spencer Feigelson, H, Friedlander, M, Gaudet, MM, Harmsen, MG, Hurley, K, James, PA, Kwon, JS, Lacbawan, F, Lheureux, S, Mai, PL, Mechanic, LE, Minasian, LM, Myers, ER, Robson, ME, Ramus, SJ, Rezende, LF, Shaw, PA, Slavin, TP, Swisher, EM, Takenaka, M, Bowtell, DD, and Sherman, ME. "Traceback: A Proposed Framework to Increase Identification and Genetic Counseling of BRCA1 and BRCA2 Mutation Carriers Through Family-Based Outreach." Journal of clinical oncology : official journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology 35, no. 20 (July 2017): 2329-2337.
Hall, RK, Myers, ER, Rosas, SE, O'Hare, AM, and Colón-Emeric, CS. "Choice of Hemodialysis Access in Older Adults: A Cost-Effectiveness Analysis." Clinical journal of the American Society of Nephrology : CJASN 12, no. 6 (June 2017): 947-954.
Ryser, MD, Gravitt, PE, and Myers, ER. "Mechanistic mathematical models: An underused platform for HPV research." Papillomavirus research (Amsterdam, Netherlands) 3 (June 2017): 46-49. (Review)
Havrilesky, LJ, Moss, HA, Chino, J, Myers, ER, and Kauff, ND. "Mortality reduction and cost-effectiveness of performing hysterectomy at the time of risk-reducing salpingo-oophorectomy for prophylaxis against serous/serous-like uterine cancers in BRCA1 mutation carriers." Gynecologic oncology 145, no. 3 (June 2017): 549-554.
Laughlin-Tommaso, SK, Jacoby, VL, and Myers, ER. "Disparities in Fibroid Incidence, Prognosis, and Management." Obstetrics and gynecology clinics of North America 44, no. 1 (March 2017): 81-94. (Review)