Hicklin, KT, Ivy, JS, Wilson, JR, Cobb Payton, F, Viswanathan, M, and Myers, ER. "Simulation model of the relationship between cesarean section rates and labor duration." Health Care Management Science (July 11, 2018).
Evan Robert Myers, MD
My research interests are broadly in the application of quantitative methods, especially mathematical modeling and decision analysis, to problems in women's health. Recent and current activities include integration of simulation modeling and systematic reviews to inform decisions surrounding cervical, ovarian, and breast cancer prevention and control, screening for postpartum depression, and management of uterine fibroids. We are also engaged in exploring methods for integrating guidelines development and research prioritization. In addition, I have ongoing collaborations using the tools of decision analysis with faculty in other clinical areas Research is conducted through the Division of Reproductive Sciences in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the Evidence Synthesis Group in the Duke Clinical Research Institute, and the Duke Cancer Institute. I'm also the course director for CRP 259, "Decision Sciences in Clinical Research", in Duke's Clinical Research Training Program.
Education and Training
- Associate, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1992 - 1994
- House Staff - Resident, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1988 - 1992
- M.P.H., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1992
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania, 1988
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke KURe Program
- Duke CTSA (KL2)
- Duke CTSA (TL1)
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Comparison of Operative to Medical Endocrine Therapy (COMET) for Low Risk DCIS
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Which palliative care quality measures improve patient-centered outcomes?
- Racial Differences in Treatment with Hysterectomy: a Multilevel Investigation
- Exploring factors related to racial disparities in ovarian cancer incidence and survival: the OCWAA consortium
- Exploring Value-Based Care from Various Perspectives
- Optimizing Lupus Management in Pregnancy
- Molecular Methods to Improve Cervical Cancer Screening in HIV+ Women
- Value of Information Analysis: PCORnet Aspirin Maintenance Doseage Trial
- UNC-Duke Collaborative Clinical Pharmacology Postdoctoral Training Program
- Topic Refinement 2015
- PCORI_Triage and FR Prioritization - Amendment #3
- Smoking Resumption-Prevention in Postpartum Women
- Pregnancy and Response to Antiretroviral Therapy in South Africa
- Translational Research in Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Oral Contraceptive Use for the Primary Prevention of Ovarian Cancer
- EPC: Postpartum Depression
- Effectiveness of a Vaccination Program in the Community ObGyn Setting
- Ovarian Failure Among Hysterectomized Women
- Addressing Birth Defect Prevention in Women Veterans
- Effectiveness and Efficiency of Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Decision Analysis on Screening for Cervical Cancer
- An interdisciplinary use of models for cancer prevention
- Testing Pharmacological Therapies for Pregnant Smokers
- Cooperative Multi-Center Reproductive Medicine Network
- Genomics Tests for Ovarian Cancer Detection and Management
- Mentored Clinical Research Scholar Program
- Management of Adnexal Mass
- Duke's Center for Muslim Women's Health
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Risk Group
- Partner Assisted Interventions For Pregnant Smokers
- Management of Post-Term Pregnancy
- Management of Uterine Fibroids
- Risk Adjustment Methods For Complications Of Hysterectomy
Stewart, EA, Lytle, BL, Thomas, L, Wegienka, GR, Jacoby, V, Diamond, MP, Nicholson, WK, Anchan, RM, Venable, S, Wallace, K, Marsh, EE, Maxwell, GL, Borah, BJ, Catherino, WH, and Myers, ER. "The Comparing Options for Management: PAtient-centered REsults for Uterine Fibroids (COMPARE-UF) registry: rationale and design." American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 219, no. 1 (July 2018): 95.e1-95.e10.
Chou, R, Baker, WL, Bañez, LL, Iyer, S, Myers, ER, Newberry, S, Pincock, L, Robinson, KA, Sardenga, L, Sathe, N, Springs, S, and Wilt, TJ. "Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality Evidence-based Practice Center methods provide guidance on prioritization and selection of harms in systematic reviews." Journal of clinical epidemiology (February 2018). (Review)
Dorth, JA, Lee, WR, Chino, J, Abouassaly, R, Ellis, RJ, and Myers, ER. "Cost-Effectiveness of Primary Radiation Therapy Versus Radical Prostatectomy for Intermediate- to High-Risk Prostate Cancer." International journal of radiation oncology, biology, physics 100, no. 2 (February 2018): 383-390.
Moss, HA, Berchuck, A, Neely, ML, Myers, ER, and Havrilesky, LJ. "Estimating Cost-effectiveness of a Multimodal Ovarian Cancer Screening Program in the United States: Secondary Analysis of the UK Collaborative Trial of Ovarian Cancer Screening (UKCTOCS)." Jama Oncology 4, no. 2 (February 2018): 190-195.
Moss, HA, Samimi, G, Havrilesky, LJ, Sherman, ME, and Myers, ER. "Estimating the number of potential family members eligible for BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation testing in a "Traceback" approach." Genetic epidemiology 42, no. 1 (February 2018): 117-122.
Morse, JE, Calvert, SB, Jurkowski, C, Tassinari, M, Sewell, CA, and Myers, ER. "Evidence-based pregnancy testing in clinical trials: Recommendations from a multi-stakeholder development process." Plos One 13, no. 9 (January 2018): e0202474-null.
Al-Hendy, A, Myers, ER, and Stewart, E. "Uterine Fibroids: Burden and Unmet Medical Need." Seminars in Reproductive Medicine 35, no. 6 (November 3, 2017): 473-480. (Review)
Pigott, T, Noyes, J, Umscheid, CA, Myers, E, Morton, SC, Fu, R, Sanders-Schmidler, GD, Devine, B, Murad, MH, Kelly, MP, Fonnesbeck, C, Kahwati, L, and Beretvas, SN. "AHRQ series on complex intervention systematic reviews-paper 5: advanced analytic methods." Journal of Clinical Epidemiology 90 (October 2017): 37-42.
Gamble, C, Havrilesky, LJ, Myers, ER, Chino, JP, Hollenbeck, S, Plichta, JK, Kelly Marcom, P, Shelley Hwang, E, Kauff, ND, and Greenup, RA. "Cost Effectiveness of Risk-Reducing Mastectomy versus Surveillance in BRCA Mutation Carriers with a History of Ovarian Cancer." Annals of Surgical Oncology 24, no. 11 (October 2017): 3116-3123.