Samimi, G, Bernardini, MQ, Brody, LC, Caga-Anan, CF, Campbell, IG, Chenevix-Trench, G, Couch, FJ, Dean, M, de Hullu, JA, Domchek, SM, Drapkin, R, Spencer Feigelson, H, Friedlander, M, Gaudet, MM, Harmsen, MG, Hurley, K, James, PA, Kwon, JS, Lacbawan, F, Lheureux, S, Mai, PL, Mechanic, LE, Minasian, LM, Myers, ER, Robson, ME, Ramus, SJ, Rezende, LF, Shaw, PA, Slavin, TP, Swisher, EM, Takenaka, M, Bowtell, DD, and Sherman, ME. "Traceback: A Proposed Framework to Increase Identification and Genetic Counseling of BRCA1 and BRCA2 Mutation Carriers Through Family-Based Outreach." Journal of Clinical Oncology : Official Journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology 35, no. 20 (July 2017): 2329-2337.
Evan Robert Myers, MD
My research interests are broadly in the application of quantitative methods, especially mathematical modeling and decision analysis, to problems in women's health. Recent and current activities include integration of simulation modeling and systematic reviews to inform decisions surrounding cervical, ovarian, and breast cancer prevention and control, screening for postpartum depression, and management of uterine fibroids. We are also engaged in exploring methods for integrating guidelines development and research prioritization. In addition, I have ongoing collaborations using the tools of decision analysis with faculty in other clinical areas Research is conducted through the Division of Reproductive Sciences in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the Evidence Synthesis Group in the Duke Clinical Research Institute, and the Duke Cancer Institute. I'm also the course director for CRP 259, "Decision Sciences in Clinical Research", in Duke's Clinical Research Training Program.
Education and Training
- Associate, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1992 - 1994
- House Staff - Resident, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1988 - 1992
- M.P.H., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1992
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania, 1988
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke CTSA (KL2)
- Duke CTSA (TL1)
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Comparison of Operative to Medical Endocrine Therapy (COMET) for Low Risk DCIS
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Which palliative care quality measures improve patient-centered outcomes?
- Exploring Value-Based Care from Various Perspectives
- Duke KURe Program
- Exploring factors related to racial disparities in ovarian cancer incidence and survival: the OCWAA consortium
- Optimizing Lupus Management in Pregnancy
- Molecular Methods to Improve Cervical Cancer Screening in HIV+ Women
- Value of Information Analysis: PCORnet Aspirin Maintenance Doseage Trial
- UNC-Duke Collaborative Clinical Pharmacology Postdoctoral Training Program
- Topic Refinement 2015
- PCORI_Triage and FR Prioritization - Amendment #3
- Smoking Resumption-Prevention in Postpartum Women
- Pregnancy and Response to Antiretroviral Therapy in South Africa
- Translational Research in Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Oral Contraceptive Use for the Primary Prevention of Ovarian Cancer
- EPC: Postpartum Depression
- Effectiveness of a Vaccination Program in the Community ObGyn Setting
- Ovarian Failure Among Hysterectomized Women
- Addressing Birth Defect Prevention in Women Veterans
- Effectiveness and Efficiency of Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Decision Analysis on Screening for Cervical Cancer
- An interdisciplinary use of models for cancer prevention
- Testing Pharmacological Therapies for Pregnant Smokers
- Cooperative Multi-Center Reproductive Medicine Network
- Genomics Tests for Ovarian Cancer Detection and Management
- Mentored Clinical Research Scholar Program
- Management of Adnexal Mass
- Duke's Center for Muslim Women's Health
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Risk Group
- Partner Assisted Interventions For Pregnant Smokers
- Management of Post-Term Pregnancy
- Management of Uterine Fibroids
- Risk Adjustment Methods For Complications Of Hysterectomy
Hall, RK, Myers, ER, Rosas, SE, O'Hare, AM, and Colón-Emeric, CS. "Choice of Hemodialysis Access in Older Adults: A Cost-Effectiveness Analysis." Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology : Cjasn 12, no. 6 (June 2017): 947-954.
Ryser, MD, Gravitt, PE, and Myers, ER. "Mechanistic mathematical models: An underused platform for HPV research." Papillomavirus research (Amsterdam, Netherlands) 3 (June 2017): 46-49. (Review)
Havrilesky, LJ, Moss, HA, Chino, J, Myers, ER, and Kauff, ND. "Mortality reduction and cost-effectiveness of performing hysterectomy at the time of risk-reducing salpingo-oophorectomy for prophylaxis against serous/serous-like uterine cancers in BRCA1 mutation carriers." Gynecologic oncology 145, no. 3 (June 2017): 549-554.
Laughlin-Tommaso, SK, Jacoby, VL, and Myers, ER. "Disparities in Fibroid Incidence, Prognosis, and Management." Obstetrics and gynecology clinics of North America 44, no. 1 (March 2017): 81-94. (Review)
Foote, JR, Lopez-Acevedo, M, Buchanan, AH, Secord, AA, Lee, PS, Fountain, C, Myers, ER, Cohn, DE, Reed, SD, and Havrilesky, LJ. "Cost Comparison of Genetic Testing Strategies in Women With Epithelial Ovarian Cancer." Journal of Oncology Practice 13, no. 2 (February 2017): e120-e129.
Foote, JR, Lopez-Acevedo, M, Buchanan, AH, Secord, AA, Lee, PS, Fountain, C, Myers, ER, Cohn, DE, Reed, SD, and Havrilesky, LJ. "Cost Comparison of Genetic Testing Strategies in Women With Epithelial Ovarian Cancer." Journal of oncology practice 13, no. 2 (February 2017): e120-e129.
Kamal, AH, Bull, JH, Swetz, KM, Wolf, SP, Shanafelt, TD, and Myers, ER. "Future of the Palliative Care Workforce: Preview to an Impending Crisis." The American Journal of Medicine 130, no. 2 (February 2017): 113-114.
Weinmann, S, Naleway, A, Swamy, G, Krishnarajah, G, Arondekar, B, Fernandez, J, and Myers, E. "Pregnancy Outcomes after Treatment for Cervical Cancer Precursor Lesions: An Observational Study." Plos One 12, no. 1 (January 4, 2017): e0165276-null.
Castellsagué, X, Ault, KA, Bosch, FX, Brown, D, Cuzick, J, Ferris, DG, Joura, EA, Garland, SM, Giuliano, AR, Hernandez-Avila, M, Huh, W, Iversen, O-E, Kjaer, SK, Luna, J, Monsonego, J, Muñoz, N, Myers, E, Paavonen, J, Pitisuttihum, P, Steben, M, Wheeler, CM, Perez, G, Saah, A, Luxembourg, A, Sings, HL, and Velicer, C. "Human papillomavirus detection in cervical neoplasia attributed to 12 high-risk human papillomavirus genotypes by region." Papillomavirus research (Amsterdam, Netherlands) 2 (December 2016): 61-69.