Saslow, D, Solomon, D, Lawson, HW, Killackey, M, Kulasingam, SL, Cain, J, Garcia, FAR, Moriarty, AT, Waxman, AG, Wilbur, DC, Wentzensen, N, Downs, LS, Spitzer, M, Moscicki, A-B, Franco, EL, Stoler, MH, Schiffman, M, Castle, PE, Myers, ER, and ACS-ASCCP-ASCP Cervical Cancer Guideline Committee, . "American Cancer Society, American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology, and American Society for Clinical Pathology screening guidelines for the prevention and early detection of cervical cancer." Ca: a Cancer Journal for Clinicians 62, no. 3 (May 2012): 147-172.
Evan Robert Myers, MD
My research interests are broadly in the application of quantitative methods, especially mathematical modeling and decision analysis, to problems in women's health. Recent and current activities include integration of simulation modeling and systematic reviews to inform decisions surrounding cervical, ovarian, and breast cancer prevention and control, screening for postpartum depression, and management of uterine fibroids. We are also engaged in exploring methods for integrating guidelines development and research prioritization. In addition, I have ongoing collaborations using the tools of decision analysis with faculty in other clinical areas Research is conducted through the Division of Reproductive Sciences in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the Evidence Synthesis Group in the Duke Clinical Research Institute, and the Duke Cancer Institute. I'm also the course director for CRP 259, "Decision Sciences in Clinical Research", in Duke's Clinical Research Training Program.
Education and Training
- Associate, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1992 - 1994
- House Staff - Resident, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1988 - 1992
- M.P.H., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1992
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania, 1988
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke KURe Program
- Duke CTSA (KL2)
- Duke CTSA (TL1)
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Comparison of Operative to Medical Endocrine Therapy (COMET) for Low Risk DCIS
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Which palliative care quality measures improve patient-centered outcomes?
- Racial Differences in Treatment with Hysterectomy: a Multilevel Investigation
- Exploring factors related to racial disparities in ovarian cancer incidence and survival: the OCWAA consortium
- Exploring Value-Based Care from Various Perspectives
- Optimizing Lupus Management in Pregnancy
- Molecular Methods to Improve Cervical Cancer Screening in HIV+ Women
- Value of Information Analysis: PCORnet Aspirin Maintenance Doseage Trial
- UNC-Duke Collaborative Clinical Pharmacology Postdoctoral Training Program
- Topic Refinement 2015
- PCORI_Triage and FR Prioritization - Amendment #3
- Smoking Resumption-Prevention in Postpartum Women
- Pregnancy and Response to Antiretroviral Therapy in South Africa
- Translational Research in Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Oral Contraceptive Use for the Primary Prevention of Ovarian Cancer
- EPC: Postpartum Depression
- Effectiveness of a Vaccination Program in the Community ObGyn Setting
- Ovarian Failure Among Hysterectomized Women
- Addressing Birth Defect Prevention in Women Veterans
- Effectiveness and Efficiency of Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Decision Analysis on Screening for Cervical Cancer
- An interdisciplinary use of models for cancer prevention
- Testing Pharmacological Therapies for Pregnant Smokers
- Cooperative Multi-Center Reproductive Medicine Network
- Genomics Tests for Ovarian Cancer Detection and Management
- Mentored Clinical Research Scholar Program
- Management of Adnexal Mass
- Duke's Center for Muslim Women's Health
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Risk Group
- Partner Assisted Interventions For Pregnant Smokers
- Management of Post-Term Pregnancy
- Management of Uterine Fibroids
- Risk Adjustment Methods For Complications Of Hysterectomy
Crowley, MJ, Powers, BJ, Myers, ER, McBroom, AJ, and Sanders, GD. "Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors and angiotensin II receptor blockers for treatment of ischemic heart disease: Future research needs prioritization." Am Heart J 163, no. 5 (May 2012): 777-782.e8. (Review)
Diamond, MP, Kruger, M, Santoro, N, Zhang, H, Casson, P, Schlaff, W, Coutifaris, C, Brzyski, R, Christman, G, Carr, BR, McGovern, PG, Cataldo, NA, Steinkampf, MP, Gosman, GG, Nestler, JE, Carson, S, Myers, EE, Eisenberg, E, Legro, RS, and Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Cooperative Reproductive Medicine Network, . "Endometrial shedding effect on conception and live birth in women with polycystic ovary syndrome." Obstetrics and Gynecology 119, no. 5 (May 2012): 902-908.
Saslow, D, Solomon, D, Lawson, HW, Killackey, M, Kulasingam, SL, Cain, J, Garcia, FAR, Moriarty, AT, Waxman, AG, Wilbur, DC, Wentzensen, N, Downs, LS, Spitzer, M, Moscicki, A-B, Franco, EL, Stoler, MH, Schiffman, M, Castle, PE, Myers, ER, American Cancer Society, , American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology, , and American Society for Clinical Pathology, . "American Cancer Society, American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology, and American Society for Clinical Pathology screening guidelines for the prevention and early detection of cervical cancer." American Journal of Clinical Pathology 137, no. 4 (April 2012): 516-542.
Havrilesky, LJ, Pokrzywinski, R, Revicki, D, Higgins, RV, Nycum, LR, Kohler, MF, Berchuck, A, Myers, ER, and Secord, AA. "Cost-effectiveness of combination versus sequential docetaxel and carboplatin for the treatment of platinum-sensitive, recurrent ovarian cancer." Cancer 118, no. 2 (January 15, 2012): 386-391.
Atashili, J, Miller, WC, Smith, JS, Ndumbe, PM, Ikomey, GM, Eron, J, Rinas, AC, Myers, E, and Adimora, AA. "Age trends in the prevalence of cervical squamous intraepithelial lesions among HIV-positive women in Cameroon: A cross-sectional study." BMC Research Notes 5 (2012).
Clark, LR, Myers, ER, Huh, W, Joura, EA, Paavonen, J, Perez, G, James, MK, Sings, HL, Haupt, RM, Saah, AJ, and al, E. "Clinical Trial Experience With Prophylactic Human Papillomavirus 6/11/16/18 Vaccine in Young Black Women." Journal of Adolescent Health (2012).
Diamond, MP, Kruger, M, Santoro, N, Zhang, H, Casson, P, Schlaff, W, Coutifaris, C, Brzyski, R, Christman, G, Carr, BR, McGovern, PG, Cataldo, NA, Steinkampf, MP, Gosman, GG, Nestler, JE, Carson, S, Myers, EE, Eisenberg, E, and Legro, RS. "Endometrial shedding effect on conception and live birth in women with polycystic ovary syndrome." Obstetrical and Gynecological Survey 67, no. 9 (2012): 548-549.
Atashili, J, Adimora, AA, Ndumbe, PM, Ikomey, GM, Rinas, AC, Myers, E, Eron, J, Smith, JS, and Miller, WC. "High prevalence of cervical squamous intraepithelial lesions in women on antiretroviral therapy in Cameroon: Is targeted screening feasible?." Cancer Epidemiology 36, no. 3 (2012): 263-269.
Leach, RE, Jessmon, P, Coutifaris, C, Kruger, M, Myers, ER, Ali-Fehmi, R, Carson, SA, Legro, RS, Schlaff, WD, Carr, BR, Steinkampf, MP, Silva, S, Leppert, PC, Giudice, L, Diamond, MP, and Armant, DR. "High throughput, cell type-specific analysis of key proteins in human endometrial biopsies of women from fertile and infertile couples." Human Reproduction 27, no. 3 (2012): 814-828.