Moorman, PG, Myers, ER, Schildkraut, JM, Iversen, ES, Wang, F, and Warren, N. "Effect of hysterectomy with ovarian preservation on ovarian function." Obstetrics and Gynecology 118, no. 6 (December 2011): 1271-1279.
Evan Robert Myers, MD
My research interests are broadly in the application of quantitative methods, especially mathematical modeling and decision analysis, to problems in women's health. Recent and current activities include integration of simulation modeling and systematic reviews to inform decisions surrounding cervical, ovarian, and breast cancer prevention and control, screening for postpartum depression, and management of uterine fibroids. We are also engaged in exploring methods for integrating guidelines development and research prioritization. In addition, I have ongoing collaborations using the tools of decision analysis with faculty in other clinical areas Research is conducted through the Division of Reproductive Sciences in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the Evidence Synthesis Group in the Duke Clinical Research Institute, and the Duke Cancer Institute. I'm also the course director for CRP 259, "Decision Sciences in Clinical Research", in Duke's Clinical Research Training Program.
Education and Training
- Associate, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1992 - 1994
- House Staff - Resident, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1988 - 1992
- M.P.H., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1992
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania, 1988
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke CTSA (KL2)
- Duke CTSA (TL1)
- Comparison of Operative to Medical Endocrine Therapy (COMET) for Low Risk DCIS
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Which palliative care quality measures improve patient-centered outcomes?
- Racial Differences in Treatment with Hysterectomy: a Multilevel Investigation
- Exploring factors related to racial disparities in ovarian cancer incidence and survival: the OCWAA consortium
- Exploring Value-Based Care from Various Perspectives
- Duke KURe Program
- Optimizing Lupus Management in Pregnancy
- Molecular Methods to Improve Cervical Cancer Screening in HIV+ Women
- Value of Information Analysis: PCORnet Aspirin Maintenance Doseage Trial
- UNC-Duke Collaborative Clinical Pharmacology Postdoctoral Training Program
- Topic Refinement 2015
- PCORI_Triage and FR Prioritization - Amendment #3
- Smoking Resumption-Prevention in Postpartum Women
- Pregnancy and Response to Antiretroviral Therapy in South Africa
- Translational Research in Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Oral Contraceptive Use for the Primary Prevention of Ovarian Cancer
- EPC: Postpartum Depression
- Effectiveness of a Vaccination Program in the Community ObGyn Setting
- Ovarian Failure Among Hysterectomized Women
- Addressing Birth Defect Prevention in Women Veterans
- Effectiveness and Efficiency of Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Decision Analysis on Screening for Cervical Cancer
- An interdisciplinary use of models for cancer prevention
- Testing Pharmacological Therapies for Pregnant Smokers
- Cooperative Multi-Center Reproductive Medicine Network
- Genomics Tests for Ovarian Cancer Detection and Management
- Mentored Clinical Research Scholar Program
- Management of Adnexal Mass
- Duke's Center for Muslim Women's Health
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Risk Group
- Partner Assisted Interventions For Pregnant Smokers
- Management of Post-Term Pregnancy
- Management of Uterine Fibroids
- Risk Adjustment Methods For Complications Of Hysterectomy
Miranda, ML, Edwards, SE, and Myers, ER. "Adverse birth outcomes among nulliparous vs. multiparous women." Public Health Reports (Washington, D.C. : 1974) 126, no. 6 (November 2011): 797-805.
Wechter, ME, Stewart, EA, Myers, ER, Kho, RM, and Wu, JM. "Leiomyoma-related hospitalization and surgery: prevalence and predicted growth based on population trends." American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 205, no. 5 (November 2011): 492.e1-492.e5.
McElligott, KA, Havrilesky, LJ, and Myers, ER. "Preoperative screening strategies for bacterial vaginosis prior to elective hysterectomy: a cost comparison study." American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 205, no. 5 (November 2011): 500.e1-500.e7.
Teoh, D, Berchuck, A, Alvarez Secord, A, Lee, PS, Lowery, WJ, Sfakianos, GP, Valea, FA, Myers, ER, and Havrilesky, LJ. "Cost comparison of strategies for the management of venous thromboembolic event risk following laparotomy for ovarian cancer." Gynecol Oncol 122, no. 3 (September 2011): 467-472.
Wu, JM, Kawasaki, A, Hundley, AF, Dieter, AA, Myers, ER, and Sung, VW. "Predicting the number of women who will undergo incontinence and prolapse surgery, 2010 to 2050." American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 205, no. 3 (September 2011): 230.e1-230.e5.
Moorman, PG, Schildkraut, JM, Myers, ER, and Wang, F. "Reported symptoms before and one year after hysterectomy in African American and white women." J Womens Health (Larchmt) 20, no. 7 (July 2011): 1035-1042.
Castellsagué, X, Muñoz, N, Pitisuttithum, P, Ferris, D, Monsonego, J, Ault, K, Luna, J, Myers, E, Mallary, S, Bautista, OM, Bryan, J, Vuocolo, S, Haupt, RM, and Saah, A. "End-of-study safety, immunogenicity, and efficacy of quadrivalent HPV (types 6, 11, 16, 18) recombinant vaccine in adult women 24-45 years of age." British Journal of Cancer 105, no. 1 (June 2011): 28-37.
Myers, ER, Misurski, DA, and Swamy, GK. "Influence of timing of seasonal influenza vaccination on effectiveness and cost-effectiveness in pregnancy." American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 204, no. 6 Suppl 1 (June 2011): S128-S140. (Review)
Jewell, EL, Smrtka, M, Broadwater, G, Valea, F, Davis, DM, Nolte, KC, Valea, R, Myers, ER, Samsa, G, and Havrilesky, LJ. "Utility scores and treatment preferences for clinical early-stage cervical cancer." Value in Health 14, no. 4 (June 2011): 582-586.