Rausch, ME, Legro, RS, Barnhart, HX, Schlaff, WD, Carr, BR, Diamond, MP, Carson, SA, Steinkampf, MP, McGovern, PG, Cataldo, NA, Gosman, GG, Nestler, JE, Giudice, LC, Leppert, PC, Myers, ER, and Coutifaris, C. "Predictors of pregnancy in women with polycystic ovary syndrome." Obstetrical and Gynecological Survey 65, no. 1 (2010): 30-32.
Evan Robert Myers, MD
My research interests are broadly in the application of quantitative methods, especially mathematical modeling and decision analysis, to problems in women's health. Recent and current activities include integration of simulation modeling and systematic reviews to inform decisions surrounding cervical, ovarian, and breast cancer prevention and control, screening for postpartum depression, and management of uterine fibroids. We are also engaged in exploring methods for integrating guidelines development and research prioritization. In addition, I have ongoing collaborations using the tools of decision analysis with faculty in other clinical areas Research is conducted through the Division of Clinical and Epidemiological Research in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the Evidence Synthesis Group in the Duke Clinical Research Institute, and the Duke Cancer Institute.
Education and Training
- Associate, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1992 - 1994
- House Staff - Resident, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1988 - 1992
- M.P.H., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1992
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania, 1988
Selected Grants and Awards
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Comparison of Operative to Medical Endocrine Therapy (COMET) for Low Risk DCIS
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Which palliative care quality measures improve patient-centered outcomes?
- Exploring Value-Based Care from Various Perspectives
- Duke KURe Program
- Exploring factors related to racial disparities in ovarian cancer incidence and survival: the OCWAA consortium
- Optimizing Lupus Management in Pregnancy
- Molecular Methods to Improve Cervical Cancer Screening in HIV+ Women
- Value of Information Analysis: PCORnet Aspirin Maintenance Doseage Trial
- UNC-Duke Collaborative Clinical Pharmacology Postdoctoral Training Program
- Topic Refinement 2015
- PCORI_Triage and FR Prioritization - Amendment #3
- Smoking Resumption-Prevention in Postpartum Women
- Pregnancy and Response to Antiretroviral Therapy in South Africa
- Translational Research in Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Oral Contraceptive Use for the Primary Prevention of Ovarian Cancer
- EPC: Postpartum Depression
- Effectiveness of a Vaccination Program in the Community ObGyn Setting
- Ovarian Failure Among Hysterectomized Women
- Addressing Birth Defect Prevention in Women Veterans
- Effectiveness and Efficiency of Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Decision Analysis on Screening for Cervical Cancer
- An interdisciplinary use of models for cancer prevention
- Testing Pharmacological Therapies for Pregnant Smokers
- Cooperative Multi-Center Reproductive Medicine Network
- Genomics Tests for Ovarian Cancer Detection and Management
- Mentored Clinical Research Scholar Program
- Management of Adnexal Mass
- Duke's Center for Muslim Women's Health
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Risk Group
- Partner Assisted Interventions For Pregnant Smokers
- Management of Post-Term Pregnancy
- Management of Uterine Fibroids
- Risk Adjustment Methods For Complications Of Hysterectomy
Legro, RS, Schlaff, WD, Diamond, MP, Coutifaris, C, Casson, PR, Brzyski, RG, Christman, GM, Trussell, JC, Krawetz, SA, Snyder, PJ, Ohl, D, Carson, SA, Steinkampf, MP, Carr, BR, McGovern, PG, Cataldo, NA, Gosman, GG, Nestler, JE, Myers, ER, Santoro, N, Eisenberg, E, Zhang, M, and Zhang, H. "Total testosterone assays in women with polycystic ovary syndrome: Precision and correlation with hirsutism." Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism 95, no. 12 (2010): 5305-5313.
Siddiqui, NY, Amundsen, CL, Visco, AG, Myers, ER, and Wu, JM. "Cost-effectiveness of sacral neuromodulation versus intravesical botulinum A toxin for treatment of refractory urge incontinence." J Urol 182, no. 6 (December 2009): 2799-2804.
Wu, JM, Hundley, AF, Fulton, RG, and Myers, ER. "Forecasting the prevalence of pelvic floor disorders in U.S. Women: 2010 to 2050." Obstet Gynecol 114, no. 6 (December 2009): 1278-1283.
Kulasingam, SL, Rajan, R, St Pierre, Y, Atwood, CV, Myers, ER, and Franco, EL. "Human papillomavirus testing with Pap triage for cervical cancer prevention in Canada: a cost-effectiveness analysis. (Published online)" BMC Med 7 (November 9, 2009): 69-.
Kjaer, SK, Sigurdsson, K, Iversen, O-E, Hernandez-Avila, M, Wheeler, CM, Perez, G, Brown, DR, Koutsky, LA, Tay, EH, García, P, Ault, KA, Garland, SM, Leodolter, S, Olsson, S-E, Tang, GWK, Ferris, DG, Paavonen, J, Lehtinen, M, Steben, M, Bosch, FX, Dillner, J, Joura, EA, Majewski, S, Muñoz, N, Myers, ER, Villa, LL, Taddeo, FJ, Roberts, C, Tadesse, A, Bryan, J, Maansson, R, Lu, S, Vuocolo, S, Hesley, TM, Saah, A, Barr, E, and Haupt, RM. "A pooled analysis of continued prophylactic efficacy of quadrivalent human papillomavirus (Types 6/11/16/18) vaccine against high-grade cervical and external genital lesions." Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 2, no. 10 (October 2009): 868-878.
Olsson, S-E, Kjaer, SK, Sigurdsson, K, Iversen, O-E, Hernandez-Avila, M, Wheeler, CM, Perez, G, Brown, DR, Koutsky, LA, Tay, EH, García, P, Ault, KA, Garland, SM, Leodolter, S, Tang, GWK, Ferris, DG, Paavonen, J, Lehtinen, M, Steben, M, Bosch, FX, Dillner, J, Joura, EA, Majewski, S, Muñoz, N, Myers, ER, Villa, LL, Taddeo, FJ, Roberts, C, Tadesse, A, Bryan, J, Maansson, R, Vuocolo, S, Hesley, TM, Saah, A, Barr, E, and Haupt, RM. "Evaluation of quadrivalent HPV 6/11/16/18 vaccine efficacy against cervical and anogenital disease in subjects with serological evidence of prior vaccine type HPV infection." Hum Vaccin 5, no. 10 (October 2009): 696-704.
Swamy, GK, Roelands, JJ, Peterson, BL, Fish, LJ, Oncken, CA, Pletsch, PK, Myers, ER, Whitecar, PW, and Pollak, KI. "Predictors of adverse events among pregnant smokers exposed in a nicotine replacement therapy trial." Am J Obstet Gynecol 201, no. 4 (October 2009): 354.e1-354.e7.
Rausch, ME, Legro, RS, Barnhart, HX, Schlaff, WD, Carr, BR, Diamond, MP, Carson, SA, Steinkampf, MP, McGovern, PG, Cataldo, NA, Gosman, GG, Nestler, JE, Giudice, LC, Leppert, PC, Myers, ER, Coutifaris, C, and Reproductive Medicine Network, . "Predictors of pregnancy in women with polycystic ovary syndrome." J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94, no. 9 (September 2009): 3458-3466.
Massad, LS, Einstein, M, Myers, E, Wheeler, CM, Wentzensen, N, and Solomon, D. "The impact of human papillomavirus vaccination on cervical cancer prevention efforts." Gynecol Oncol 114, no. 2 (August 2009): 360-364. (Review)