FUTURE I/II Study Group, , Dillner, J, Kjaer, SK, Wheeler, CM, Sigurdsson, K, Iversen, O-E, Hernandez-Avila, M, Perez, G, Brown, DR, Koutsky, LA, Tay, EH, García, P, Ault, KA, Garland, SM, Leodolter, S, Olsson, S-E, Tang, GWK, Ferris, DG, Paavonen, J, Lehtinen, M, Steben, M, Bosch, FX, Joura, EA, Majewski, S, Muñoz, N, Myers, ER, Villa, LL, Taddeo, FJ, Roberts, C, Tadesse, A, Bryan, JT, Maansson, R, Lu, S, Vuocolo, S, Hesley, TM, Barr, E, and Haupt, R. "Four year efficacy of prophylactic human papillomavirus quadrivalent vaccine against low grade cervical, vulvar, and vaginal intraepithelial neoplasia and anogenital warts: randomised controlled trial." Bmj (Clinical Research Ed.) 341 (July 20, 2010): c3493-null.
Evan Robert Myers, MD
My research interests are broadly in the application of quantitative methods, especially mathematical modeling and decision analysis, to problems in women's health. Recent and current activities include integration of simulation modeling and systematic reviews to inform decisions surrounding cervical, ovarian, and breast cancer prevention and control, screening for postpartum depression, and management of uterine fibroids. We are also engaged in exploring methods for integrating guidelines development and research prioritization. In addition, I have ongoing collaborations using the tools of decision analysis with faculty in other clinical areas Research is conducted through the Division of Reproductive Sciences in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the Evidence Synthesis Group in the Duke Clinical Research Institute, and the Duke Cancer Institute. I'm also the course director for CRP 259, "Decision Sciences in Clinical Research", in Duke's Clinical Research Training Program.
Education and Training
- Associate, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1992 - 1994
- House Staff - Resident, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1988 - 1992
- M.P.H., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1992
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania, 1988
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke CTSA (KL2)
- Duke CTSA (TL1)
- Comparison of Operative to Medical Endocrine Therapy (COMET) for Low Risk DCIS
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Which palliative care quality measures improve patient-centered outcomes?
- Racial Differences in Treatment with Hysterectomy: a Multilevel Investigation
- Exploring factors related to racial disparities in ovarian cancer incidence and survival: the OCWAA consortium
- Exploring Value-Based Care from Various Perspectives
- Duke KURe Program
- Optimizing Lupus Management in Pregnancy
- Molecular Methods to Improve Cervical Cancer Screening in HIV+ Women
- Value of Information Analysis: PCORnet Aspirin Maintenance Doseage Trial
- UNC-Duke Collaborative Clinical Pharmacology Postdoctoral Training Program
- Topic Refinement 2015
- PCORI_Triage and FR Prioritization - Amendment #3
- Smoking Resumption-Prevention in Postpartum Women
- Pregnancy and Response to Antiretroviral Therapy in South Africa
- Translational Research in Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Oral Contraceptive Use for the Primary Prevention of Ovarian Cancer
- EPC: Postpartum Depression
- Effectiveness of a Vaccination Program in the Community ObGyn Setting
- Ovarian Failure Among Hysterectomized Women
- Addressing Birth Defect Prevention in Women Veterans
- Effectiveness and Efficiency of Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Decision Analysis on Screening for Cervical Cancer
- An interdisciplinary use of models for cancer prevention
- Testing Pharmacological Therapies for Pregnant Smokers
- Cooperative Multi-Center Reproductive Medicine Network
- Genomics Tests for Ovarian Cancer Detection and Management
- Mentored Clinical Research Scholar Program
- Management of Adnexal Mass
- Duke's Center for Muslim Women's Health
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Risk Group
- Partner Assisted Interventions For Pregnant Smokers
- Management of Post-Term Pregnancy
- Management of Uterine Fibroids
- Risk Adjustment Methods For Complications Of Hysterectomy
Balasubramanian, A, Kulasingam, SL, Baer, A, Hughes, JP, Myers, ER, Mao, C, Kiviat, NB, and Koutsky, LA. "Accuracy and cost-effectiveness of cervical cancer screening by high-risk human papillomavirus DNA testing of self-collected vaginal samples." Journal of Lower Genital Tract Disease 14, no. 3 (July 2010): 185-195.
Piccini, JP, Al-Khatib, SM, Myers, ER, Anstrom, KJ, Buxton, AE, Peterson, ED, and Sanders, GD. "Optimal timing of implantable cardioverter-defibrillator implantation after myocardial infarction: a decision analysis." J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 21, no. 7 (July 2010): 791-798.
Legro, RS, Schlaff, WD, Diamond, MP, Coutifaris, C, Casson, PR, Brzyski, RJ, Christman, GM, Trussell, JC, Krawetz, SA, Snyder, PJ, Ohl, D, Carson, SA, Steinkampf, MP, Carr, BR, McGovern, PG, Cataldo, NA, Gosman, GG, Nestler, JE, Myers, ER, Santoro, N, Eisenberg, E, Zhang, M, and Zhang, H. "Total Testosterone Assays in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: Is There a Gold Standard?." June 2010.
Muñoz, N, Kjaer, SK, Sigurdsson, K, Iversen, O-E, Hernandez-Avila, M, Wheeler, CM, Perez, G, Brown, DR, Koutsky, LA, Tay, EH, Garcia, PJ, Ault, KA, Garland, SM, Leodolter, S, Olsson, S-E, Tang, GWK, Ferris, DG, Paavonen, J, Steben, M, Bosch, FX, Dillner, J, Huh, WK, Joura, EA, Kurman, RJ, Majewski, S, Myers, ER, Villa, LL, Taddeo, FJ, Roberts, C, Tadesse, A, Bryan, JT, Lupinacci, LC, Giacoletti, KED, Sings, HL, James, MK, Hesley, TM, Barr, E, and Haupt, RM. "Impact of human papillomavirus (HPV)-6/11/16/18 vaccine on all HPV-associated genital diseases in young women." Journal of the National Cancer Institute 102, no. 5 (March 2010): 325-339.
Lyerly, AD, Steinhauser, K, Voils, C, Namey, E, Alexander, C, Bankowski, B, Cook-Deegan, R, Dodson, WC, Gates, E, Jungheim, ES, McGovern, PG, Myers, ER, Osborn, B, Schlaff, W, Sugarman, J, Tulsky, JA, Walmer, D, Faden, RR, and Wallach, E. "Fertility patients' views about frozen embryo disposition: results of a multi-institutional U.S. survey." Fertil Steril 93, no. 2 (February 2010): 499-509.
Rausch, ME, Legro, RS, Barnhart, HX, Schlaff, WD, Carr, BR, Diamond, MP, Carson, SA, Steinkampf, MP, McGovern, PG, Cataldo, NA, Gosman, GG, Nestler, JE, Giudice, LC, Leppert, PC, Myers, ER, and Coutifaris, C. "Predictors of pregnancy in women with polycystic ovary syndrome." Obstetrical and Gynecological Survey 65, no. 1 (2010): 30-32.
Siddiqui, NY, Amundsen, CL, Visco, AG, Myers, ER, and Wu, JM. "Cost-effectiveness of sacral neuromodulation versus intravesical botulinum A toxin for treatment of refractory urge incontinence." J Urol 182, no. 6 (December 2009): 2799-2804.
Wu, JM, Hundley, AF, Fulton, RG, and Myers, ER. "Forecasting the prevalence of pelvic floor disorders in U.S. Women: 2010 to 2050." Obstetrics and Gynecology 114, no. 6 (December 2009): 1278-1283.
Kulasingam, SL, Rajan, R, St Pierre, Y, Atwood, CV, Myers, ER, and Franco, EL. "Human papillomavirus testing with Pap triage for cervical cancer prevention in Canada: a cost-effectiveness analysis." Bmc Medicine 7 (November 9, 2009): 69-null.