Massad, LS, Einstein, M, Myers, E, Wheeler, CM, Wentzensen, N, and Solomon, D. "The impact of human papillomavirus vaccination on cervical cancer prevention efforts." Gynecol Oncol 114, no. 2 (August 2009): 360-364. (Review)
Evan Robert Myers, MD
My research interests are broadly in the application of quantitative methods, especially mathematical modeling and decision analysis, to problems in women's health. Recent and current activities include integration of simulation modeling and systematic reviews to inform decisions surrounding cervical, ovarian, and breast cancer prevention and control, screening for postpartum depression, and management of uterine fibroids. We are also engaged in exploring methods for integrating guidelines development and research prioritization. In addition, I have ongoing collaborations using the tools of decision analysis with faculty in other clinical areas Research is conducted through the Division of Reproductive Sciences in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the Evidence Synthesis Group in the Duke Clinical Research Institute, and the Duke Cancer Institute. I'm also the course director for CRP 259, "Decision Sciences in Clinical Research", in Duke's Clinical Research Training Program.
Education and Training
- Associate, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1992 - 1994
- House Staff - Resident, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1988 - 1992
- M.P.H., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1992
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania, 1988
Selected Grants and Awards
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Comparison of Operative to Medical Endocrine Therapy (COMET) for Low Risk DCIS
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Which palliative care quality measures improve patient-centered outcomes?
- Exploring Value-Based Care from Various Perspectives
- Duke KURe Program
- Exploring factors related to racial disparities in ovarian cancer incidence and survival: the OCWAA consortium
- Optimizing Lupus Management in Pregnancy
- Molecular Methods to Improve Cervical Cancer Screening in HIV+ Women
- Value of Information Analysis: PCORnet Aspirin Maintenance Doseage Trial
- Topic Refinement 2015
- PCORI_Triage and FR Prioritization - Amendment #3
- Pregnancy and Response to Antiretroviral Therapy in South Africa
- Translational Research in Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Oral Contraceptive Use for the Primary Prevention of Ovarian Cancer
- Effectiveness of a Vaccination Program in the Community ObGyn Setting
- Ovarian Failure Among Hysterectomized Women
- Addressing Birth Defect Prevention in Women Veterans
- Effectiveness and Efficiency of Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Decision Analysis on Screening for Cervical Cancer
- An interdisciplinary use of models for cancer prevention
- Cooperative Multi-Center Reproductive Medicine Network
- Genomics Tests for Ovarian Cancer Detection and Management
- Mentored Clinical Research Scholar Program
- Management of Adnexal Mass
- Duke's Center for Muslim Women's Health
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Risk Group
- Partner Assisted Interventions For Pregnant Smokers
- Management of Post-Term Pregnancy
- Management of Uterine Fibroids
- Risk Adjustment Methods For Complications Of Hysterectomy
James, AH, Myers, ER, Cook, C, and Pietrobon, R. "Complications of hysterectomy in women with von Willebrand disease." Haemophilia 15, no. 4 (July 2009): 926-931.
Muñoz, N, Manalastas, R, Pitisuttithum, P, Tresukosol, D, Monsonego, J, Ault, K, Clavel, C, Luna, J, Myers, E, Hood, S, Bautista, O, Bryan, J, Taddeo, FJ, Esser, MT, Vuocolo, S, Haupt, RM, Barr, E, and Saah, A. "Safety, immunogenicity, and efficacy of quadrivalent human papillomavirus (types 6, 11, 16, 18) recombinant vaccine in women aged 24-45 years: a randomised, double-blind trial." Lancet 373, no. 9679 (June 6, 2009): 1949-1957.
Havrilesky, LJ, Maxwell, GL, and Myers, ER. "Cost-effectiveness analysis of annual screening strategies for endometrial cancer." Am J Obstet Gynecol 200, no. 6 (June 2009): 640.e1-640.e8.
Moorman, PG, Schildkraut, JM, Iversen, ES, Myers, ER, Gradison, M, Warren-White, N, and Wang, F. "A prospective study of weight gain after premenopausal hysterectomy." J Womens Health (Larchmt) 18, no. 5 (May 2009): 699-708.
Fish, LJ, Peterson, BL, Namenek Brouwer, RJ, Lyna, P, Oncken, CA, Swamy, GK, Myers, ER, Pletsch, PK, and Pollak, KI. "Adherence to nicotine replacement therapy among pregnant smokers." Nicotine Tob Res 11, no. 5 (May 2009): 514-518.
Wu, JM, Siddiqui, NY, Amundsen, CL, Myers, ER, Havrilesky, LJ, and Visco, AG. "Cost-effectiveness of botulinum toxin a versus anticholinergic medications for idiopathic urge incontinence." J Urol 181, no. 5 (May 2009): 2181-2186.
Havrilesky, LJ, Broadwater, G, Davis, DM, Nolte, KC, Barnett, JC, Myers, ER, and Kulasingam, S. "Determination of quality of life-related utilities for health states relevant to ovarian cancer diagnosis and treatment." Gynecol Oncol 113, no. 2 (May 2009): 216-220.
Brown, DR, Kjaer, SK, Sigurdsson, K, Iversen, O-E, Hernandez-Avila, M, Wheeler, CM, Perez, G, Koutsky, LA, Tay, EH, Garcia, P, Ault, KA, Garland, SM, Leodolter, S, Olsson, S-E, Tang, GWK, Ferris, DG, Paavonen, J, Steben, M, Bosch, FX, Dillner, J, Joura, EA, Kurman, RJ, Majewski, S, Muñoz, N, Myers, ER, Villa, LL, Taddeo, FJ, Roberts, C, Tadesse, A, Bryan, J, Lupinacci, LC, Giacoletti, KED, Sings, HL, James, M, Hesley, TM, and Barr, E. "The impact of quadrivalent human papillomavirus (HPV; types 6, 11, 16, and 18) L1 virus-like particle vaccine on infection and disease due to oncogenic nonvaccine HPV types in generally HPV-naive women aged 16-26 years." J Infect Dis 199, no. 7 (April 1, 2009): 926-935.
Wheeler, CM, Kjaer, SK, Sigurdsson, K, Iversen, O-E, Hernandez-Avila, M, Perez, G, Brown, DR, Koutsky, LA, Tay, EH, García, P, Ault, KA, Garland, SM, Leodolter, S, Olsson, S-E, Tang, GWK, Ferris, DG, Paavonen, J, Steben, M, Bosch, FX, Dillner, J, Joura, EA, Kurman, RJ, Majewski, S, Muñoz, N, Myers, ER, Villa, LL, Taddeo, FJ, Roberts, C, Tadesse, A, Bryan, J, Lupinacci, LC, Giacoletti, KED, James, M, Vuocolo, S, Hesley, TM, and Barr, E. "The impact of quadrivalent human papillomavirus (HPV; types 6, 11, 16, and 18) L1 virus-like particle vaccine on infection and disease due to oncogenic nonvaccine HPV types in sexually active women aged 16-26 years." J Infect Dis 199, no. 7 (April 1, 2009): 936-944.