Havrilesky, LJ, Maxwell, GL, Chan, JK, and Myers, ER. "Cost effectiveness of a test to detect metastases for endometrial cancer." Gynecol Oncol 112, no. 3 (March 2009): 526-530.
Evan Robert Myers, MD
My research interests are broadly in the application of quantitative methods, especially mathematical modeling and decision analysis, to problems in women's health. Recent and current activities include integration of simulation modeling and systematic reviews to inform decisions surrounding cervical, ovarian, and breast cancer prevention and control, screening for postpartum depression, and management of uterine fibroids. We are also engaged in exploring methods for integrating guidelines development and research prioritization. In addition, I have ongoing collaborations using the tools of decision analysis with faculty in other clinical areas Research is conducted through the Division of Reproductive Sciences in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the Evidence Synthesis Group in the Duke Clinical Research Institute, and the Duke Cancer Institute. I'm also the course director for CRP 259, "Decision Sciences in Clinical Research", in Duke's Clinical Research Training Program.
Education and Training
- Associate, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1992 - 1994
- House Staff - Resident, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1988 - 1992
- M.P.H., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1992
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania, 1988
Selected Grants and Awards
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Comparison of Operative to Medical Endocrine Therapy (COMET) for Low Risk DCIS
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Which palliative care quality measures improve patient-centered outcomes?
- Exploring Value-Based Care from Various Perspectives
- Duke KURe Program
- Exploring factors related to racial disparities in ovarian cancer incidence and survival: the OCWAA consortium
- Optimizing Lupus Management in Pregnancy
- Molecular Methods to Improve Cervical Cancer Screening in HIV+ Women
- Value of Information Analysis: PCORnet Aspirin Maintenance Doseage Trial
- Topic Refinement 2015
- PCORI_Triage and FR Prioritization - Amendment #3
- Pregnancy and Response to Antiretroviral Therapy in South Africa
- Translational Research in Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Oral Contraceptive Use for the Primary Prevention of Ovarian Cancer
- Effectiveness of a Vaccination Program in the Community ObGyn Setting
- Ovarian Failure Among Hysterectomized Women
- Addressing Birth Defect Prevention in Women Veterans
- Effectiveness and Efficiency of Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Decision Analysis on Screening for Cervical Cancer
- An interdisciplinary use of models for cancer prevention
- Cooperative Multi-Center Reproductive Medicine Network
- Genomics Tests for Ovarian Cancer Detection and Management
- Mentored Clinical Research Scholar Program
- Management of Adnexal Mass
- Duke's Center for Muslim Women's Health
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Risk Group
- Partner Assisted Interventions For Pregnant Smokers
- Management of Post-Term Pregnancy
- Management of Uterine Fibroids
- Risk Adjustment Methods For Complications Of Hysterectomy
Havrilesky, LJ, Krivak, TC, Mucenski, JW, and Myers, ER. "Cost analysis of ovarian cancer chemotherapy based on the use of a chemoresponse assay." GYNECOLOGIC ONCOLOGY 112, no. 2 (February 2009): S22-S22.
Insinga, RP, Dasbach, EJ, Allen, SE, Carides, GW, and Myers, ER. "Reductions in human papillomavirus-disease resource use and costs with quadrivalent human papillomavirus (types 6, 11, 16, and 18) recombinant vaccination: the FUTURE Study Economic Evaluation." Value Health 11, no. 7 (December 2008): 1022-1032.
James, AH, Myers, ER, Cook, C, and Pietrobon, R. "Complications of Hysterectomy in Women with Von Willebrand Disease." BLOOD 112, no. 11 (November 16, 2008): 1166-1166.
Havrilesky, LJ, Sanders, GD, Kulasingam, S, and Myers, ER. "Reducing ovarian cancer mortality through screening: Is it possible, and can we afford it?." Gynecol Oncol 111, no. 2 (November 2008): 179-187.
Wu, JM, Visco, AG, and Myers, ER. "Cesarean Delivery on Maternal Request Versus Planned Vaginal Delivery: A Decision Analysis To Identify Important Outcomes and To Prioritize Future Research Directions." JOURNAL OF WOMENS HEALTH 17, no. 8 (October 2008): 1249-1249.
McGovern, PG, Carson, SA, Barnhart, HX, Myers, ER, Legro, RS, Diamond, MP, Carr, BR, Schlaff, WD, Coutifaris, C, Cataldo, NA, Steinkampf, MP, Nestler, JE, Gosman, G, Leppert, PC, Giudice, LC, and National Institute of Child Health and Human Development-Reproductive Medicine Network, . "Medication adherence and treatment success in the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development-Reproductive Medicine Network's Pregnancy in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Trial." Fertil Steril 90, no. 4 (October 2008): 1283-1286.
Belinson, S, Smith, JS, Myers, E, Olshan, A, Belinson, J, Pretorius, R, Qiao, Y-L, and Hartmann, K. "Descriptive evidence that risk profiles for cervical intraepithelial neoplasia 1, 2, and 3 are unique." Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17, no. 9 (September 2008): 2350-2355.
Clowse, MEB, Jamison, M, Myers, E, and James, AH. "A national study of the complications of lupus in pregnancy." Am J Obstet Gynecol 199, no. 2 (August 2008): 127.e1-127.e6.
Cataldo, NA, Barnhart, HX, Legro, RS, Myers, ER, Schlaff, WD, Carr, BR, Diamond, MP, Carson, SA, Steinkampf, MP, Coutifaris, C, McGovern, PG, Gosman, G, Nestler, JE, Giudice, LC, and Reproductive Medicine Network, . "Extended-release metformin does not reduce the clomiphene citrate dose required to induce ovulation in polycystic ovary syndrome." J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93, no. 8 (August 2008): 3124-3127.