Wu, JM, Visco, AG, and Myers, ER. "Cesarean Delivery on Maternal Request Versus Planned Vaginal Delivery: A Decision Analysis To Identify Important Outcomes and To Prioritize Future Research Directions." JOURNAL OF WOMENS HEALTH 17, no. 8 (October 2008): 1249-1249.
Evan Robert Myers, MD
My research interests are broadly in the application of quantitative methods, especially mathematical modeling and decision analysis, to problems in women's health. Recent and current activities include integration of simulation modeling and systematic reviews to inform decisions surrounding cervical, ovarian, and breast cancer prevention and control, screening for postpartum depression, and management of uterine fibroids. We are also engaged in exploring methods for integrating guidelines development and research prioritization. In addition, I have ongoing collaborations using the tools of decision analysis with faculty in other clinical areas Research is conducted through the Division of Reproductive Sciences in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the Evidence Synthesis Group in the Duke Clinical Research Institute, and the Duke Cancer Institute. I'm also the course director for CRP 259, "Decision Sciences in Clinical Research", in Duke's Clinical Research Training Program.
Education and Training
- Associate, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1992 - 1994
- House Staff - Resident, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1988 - 1992
- M.P.H., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1992
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania, 1988
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke CTSA (KL2)
- Duke CTSA (TL1)
- Comparison of Operative to Medical Endocrine Therapy (COMET) for Low Risk DCIS
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Which palliative care quality measures improve patient-centered outcomes?
- Racial Differences in Treatment with Hysterectomy: a Multilevel Investigation
- Exploring factors related to racial disparities in ovarian cancer incidence and survival: the OCWAA consortium
- Exploring Value-Based Care from Various Perspectives
- Duke KURe Program
- Optimizing Lupus Management in Pregnancy
- Molecular Methods to Improve Cervical Cancer Screening in HIV+ Women
- Value of Information Analysis: PCORnet Aspirin Maintenance Doseage Trial
- UNC-Duke Collaborative Clinical Pharmacology Postdoctoral Training Program
- Topic Refinement 2015
- PCORI_Triage and FR Prioritization - Amendment #3
- Smoking Resumption-Prevention in Postpartum Women
- Pregnancy and Response to Antiretroviral Therapy in South Africa
- Translational Research in Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Oral Contraceptive Use for the Primary Prevention of Ovarian Cancer
- EPC: Postpartum Depression
- Effectiveness of a Vaccination Program in the Community ObGyn Setting
- Ovarian Failure Among Hysterectomized Women
- Addressing Birth Defect Prevention in Women Veterans
- Effectiveness and Efficiency of Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Decision Analysis on Screening for Cervical Cancer
- An interdisciplinary use of models for cancer prevention
- Testing Pharmacological Therapies for Pregnant Smokers
- Cooperative Multi-Center Reproductive Medicine Network
- Genomics Tests for Ovarian Cancer Detection and Management
- Mentored Clinical Research Scholar Program
- Management of Adnexal Mass
- Duke's Center for Muslim Women's Health
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Risk Group
- Partner Assisted Interventions For Pregnant Smokers
- Management of Post-Term Pregnancy
- Management of Uterine Fibroids
- Risk Adjustment Methods For Complications Of Hysterectomy
McGovern, PG, Carson, SA, Barnhart, HX, Myers, ER, Legro, RS, Diamond, MP, Carr, BR, Schlaff, WD, Coutifaris, C, Cataldo, NA, Steinkampf, MP, Nestler, JE, Gosman, G, Leppert, PC, Giudice, LC, and National Institute of Child Health and Human Development-Reproductive Medicine Network, . "Medication adherence and treatment success in the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development-Reproductive Medicine Network's Pregnancy in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Trial." Fertility and Sterility 90, no. 4 (October 2008): 1283-1286.
Belinson, S, Smith, JS, Myers, E, Olshan, A, Belinson, J, Pretorius, R, Qiao, Y-L, and Hartmann, K. "Descriptive evidence that risk profiles for cervical intraepithelial neoplasia 1, 2, and 3 are unique." Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17, no. 9 (September 2008): 2350-2355.
Clowse, MEB, Jamison, M, Myers, E, and James, AH. "A national study of the complications of lupus in pregnancy." American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 199, no. 2 (August 2008): 127.e1-127.e6.
Cataldo, NA, Barnhart, HX, Legro, RS, Myers, ER, Schlaff, WD, Carr, BR, Diamond, MP, Carson, SA, Steinkampf, MP, Coutifaris, C, McGovern, PG, Gosman, G, Nestler, JE, Giudice, LC, and Reproductive Medicine Network, . "Extended-release metformin does not reduce the clomiphene citrate dose required to induce ovulation in polycystic ovary syndrome." The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism 93, no. 8 (August 2008): 3124-3127.
Moorman, PG, Schildkraut, JM, Myers, ER, Iversen, ES, Warren-White, N, and Wang, F. "Weight gain after pre-menopausal hysterectomy." June 1, 2008.
Myers, ER, McCrory, DC, Mills, AA, Price, TM, Swamy, GK, Tantibhedhyangkul, J, Wu, JM, and Matchar, DB. "Effectiveness of assisted reproductive technology (ART)." Evidence Report/Technology Assessment, no. 167 (May 2008): 1-195. (Review)
Myers, E, Huh, WK, Wright, JD, and Smith, JS. "The current and future role of screening in the era of HPV vaccination." Gynecol Oncol 109, no. 2 Suppl (May 2008): S31-S39. (Review)
Myers, ER. "The economic impact of HPV vaccines: not just cervical cancer." Am J Obstet Gynecol 198, no. 5 (May 2008): 487-488.
Havrilesky, LJ, Kulasingam, S, Sanders, G, and Myers, ER. "Can screening for ovarian cancer achieve mortality reduction and be cost effective?." GYNECOLOGIC ONCOLOGY 108, no. 3 (March 2008): S114-S115.