Havrilesky, LJ, Kulasingam, S, Sanders, G, and Myers, ER. "Can screening for ovarian cancer achieve mortality reduction and be cost effective?." GYNECOLOGIC ONCOLOGY 108, no. 3 (March 2008): S114-S115.
Evan Robert Myers, MD
My research interests are broadly in the application of quantitative methods, especially mathematical modeling and decision analysis, to problems in women's health. Recent and current activities include integration of simulation modeling and systematic reviews to inform decisions surrounding cervical, ovarian, and breast cancer prevention and control, screening for postpartum depression, and management of uterine fibroids. We are also engaged in exploring methods for integrating guidelines development and research prioritization. In addition, I have ongoing collaborations using the tools of decision analysis with faculty in other clinical areas Research is conducted through the Division of Reproductive Sciences in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the Evidence Synthesis Group in the Duke Clinical Research Institute, and the Duke Cancer Institute. I'm also the course director for CRP 259, "Decision Sciences in Clinical Research", in Duke's Clinical Research Training Program.
Education and Training
- Associate, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1992 - 1994
- House Staff - Resident, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1988 - 1992
- M.P.H., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1992
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania, 1988
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke KURe Program
- Duke CTSA (KL2)
- Duke CTSA (TL1)
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Comparison of Operative to Medical Endocrine Therapy (COMET) for Low Risk DCIS
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Which palliative care quality measures improve patient-centered outcomes?
- Racial Differences in Treatment with Hysterectomy: a Multilevel Investigation
- Exploring factors related to racial disparities in ovarian cancer incidence and survival: the OCWAA consortium
- Exploring Value-Based Care from Various Perspectives
- Optimizing Lupus Management in Pregnancy
- Molecular Methods to Improve Cervical Cancer Screening in HIV+ Women
- Value of Information Analysis: PCORnet Aspirin Maintenance Doseage Trial
- UNC-Duke Collaborative Clinical Pharmacology Postdoctoral Training Program
- Topic Refinement 2015
- PCORI_Triage and FR Prioritization - Amendment #3
- Smoking Resumption-Prevention in Postpartum Women
- Pregnancy and Response to Antiretroviral Therapy in South Africa
- Translational Research in Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Oral Contraceptive Use for the Primary Prevention of Ovarian Cancer
- EPC: Postpartum Depression
- Effectiveness of a Vaccination Program in the Community ObGyn Setting
- Ovarian Failure Among Hysterectomized Women
- Addressing Birth Defect Prevention in Women Veterans
- Effectiveness and Efficiency of Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Decision Analysis on Screening for Cervical Cancer
- An interdisciplinary use of models for cancer prevention
- Testing Pharmacological Therapies for Pregnant Smokers
- Cooperative Multi-Center Reproductive Medicine Network
- Genomics Tests for Ovarian Cancer Detection and Management
- Mentored Clinical Research Scholar Program
- Management of Adnexal Mass
- Duke's Center for Muslim Women's Health
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Risk Group
- Partner Assisted Interventions For Pregnant Smokers
- Management of Post-Term Pregnancy
- Management of Uterine Fibroids
- Risk Adjustment Methods For Complications Of Hysterectomy
Havrilesky, LJ, Maxwell, G, and Myers, ER. "Cost effectiveness of annual screening strategies for endometrial cancer." GYNECOLOGIC ONCOLOGY 108, no. 3 (March 2008): S7-S7.
Legro, RS, Barnhart, HX, Schlaff, WD, Carr, BR, Diamond, MP, Carson, SA, Steinkampf, MP, Coutifaris, C, McGovern, PG, Cataldo, NA, Gosman, GG, Nestler, JE, Giudice, LC, Ewens, KG, Spielman, RS, Leppert, PC, Myers, ER, and Reproductive Medicine Network, . "Ovulatory response to treatment of polycystic ovary syndrome is associated with a polymorphism in the STK11 gene." The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism 93, no. 3 (March 2008): 792-800.
Kulasingam, SL, Benard, S, Barnabas, RV, Largeron, N, and Myers, ER. "Adding a quadrivalent human papillomavirus vaccine to the UK cervical cancer screening programme: A cost-effectiveness analysis. (Published online)" Cost Eff Resour Alloc 6 (February 15, 2008): 4-.
Paavonen, J, Villa, L, Munoz, N, Perez, G, Kjaer, SK, Paavonen, J, Lehtinen, M, Sigurdsson, K, Hernandez-Avila, M, Iversen, O-E, Garcia, P, Majewski, S, Tay, EH, Bosch, FX, Dillner, J, Olsson, S-E, Ault, K, Brown, D, Ferris, D, Koutsky, L, Kurman, R, and Myers, E. "Baseline demographic characteristics of subjects enrolled in international quadrivalent HPV (types 6/11/16/18) vaccine clinical trials." Current Medical Research and Opinion 24, no. 6 (2008): 1623-1634.
Myers, E, Huh, WK, Wright, JD, and Smith, JS. "Corrigendum to "The current and future role of screening in the era of HPV vaccination" [Gynecol. Oncol. 109 (2008) S31-S39] (DOI:10.1016/j.ygyno.2008.02.001)." Gynecologic Oncology 110, no. 2 (2008): 270--.
Goodwin, SC, Spies, JB, Worthington-Kirsch, R, Peterson, E, Pron, G, Li, S, Myers, ER, and Fibroid Registry for Outcomes Data (FIBROID) Registry Steering Committee and Core Site Investigators, . "Uterine artery embolization for treatment of leiomyomata: long-term outcomes from the FIBROID Registry." Obstetrics and Gynecology 111, no. 1 (January 2008): 22-33.
Jewell, EL, Kulasingam, S, Myers, ER, Alvarez Secord, A, and Havrilesky, LJ. "Primary surgery versus chemoradiation in the treatment of IB2 cervical carcinoma: a cost effectiveness analysis." Gynecol Oncol 107, no. 3 (December 2007): 532-540.
Kulasingam, SL, Pagliusi, S, and Myers, E. "Potential effects of decreased cervical cancer screening participation after HPV vaccination: an example from the U.S." Vaccine 25, no. 48 (November 23, 2007): 8110-8113.
Havrilesky, LJ, Secord, AA, Kulasingam, S, and Myers, E. "Management of platinum-sensitive recurrent ovarian cancer: a cost-effectiveness analysis." Gynecol Oncol 107, no. 2 (November 2007): 211-218.