Kulasingam, S, Connelly, L, Conway, E, Hocking, JS, Myers, E, Regan, DG, Roder, D, Ross, J, and Wain, G. "A cost-effectiveness analysis of adding a human papillomavirus vaccine to the Australian National Cervical Cancer Screening Program." Sexual Health 4, no. 3 (September 2007): 165-175.
Evan Robert Myers, MD
My research interests are broadly in the application of quantitative methods, especially mathematical modeling and decision analysis, to problems in women's health. Recent and current activities include integration of simulation modeling and systematic reviews to inform decisions surrounding cervical, ovarian, and breast cancer prevention and control, screening for postpartum depression, and management of uterine fibroids. We are also engaged in exploring methods for integrating guidelines development and research prioritization. In addition, I have ongoing collaborations using the tools of decision analysis with faculty in other clinical areas Research is conducted through the Division of Reproductive Sciences in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the Evidence Synthesis Group in the Duke Clinical Research Institute, and the Duke Cancer Institute. I'm also the course director for CRP 259, "Decision Sciences in Clinical Research", in Duke's Clinical Research Training Program.
Education and Training
- Associate, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1992 - 1994
- House Staff - Resident, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1988 - 1992
- M.P.H., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1992
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania, 1988
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke CTSA (KL2)
- Duke CTSA (TL1)
- Comparison of Operative to Medical Endocrine Therapy (COMET) for Low Risk DCIS
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Which palliative care quality measures improve patient-centered outcomes?
- Racial Differences in Treatment with Hysterectomy: a Multilevel Investigation
- Exploring factors related to racial disparities in ovarian cancer incidence and survival: the OCWAA consortium
- Exploring Value-Based Care from Various Perspectives
- Duke KURe Program
- Optimizing Lupus Management in Pregnancy
- Molecular Methods to Improve Cervical Cancer Screening in HIV+ Women
- Value of Information Analysis: PCORnet Aspirin Maintenance Doseage Trial
- UNC-Duke Collaborative Clinical Pharmacology Postdoctoral Training Program
- Topic Refinement 2015
- PCORI_Triage and FR Prioritization - Amendment #3
- Smoking Resumption-Prevention in Postpartum Women
- Pregnancy and Response to Antiretroviral Therapy in South Africa
- Translational Research in Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Oral Contraceptive Use for the Primary Prevention of Ovarian Cancer
- EPC: Postpartum Depression
- Effectiveness of a Vaccination Program in the Community ObGyn Setting
- Ovarian Failure Among Hysterectomized Women
- Addressing Birth Defect Prevention in Women Veterans
- Effectiveness and Efficiency of Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Decision Analysis on Screening for Cervical Cancer
- An interdisciplinary use of models for cancer prevention
- Testing Pharmacological Therapies for Pregnant Smokers
- Cooperative Multi-Center Reproductive Medicine Network
- Genomics Tests for Ovarian Cancer Detection and Management
- Mentored Clinical Research Scholar Program
- Management of Adnexal Mass
- Duke's Center for Muslim Women's Health
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Risk Group
- Partner Assisted Interventions For Pregnant Smokers
- Management of Post-Term Pregnancy
- Management of Uterine Fibroids
- Risk Adjustment Methods For Complications Of Hysterectomy
Cataldo, NA, Legro, RS, Myers, ER, and Barnhart, HX. "Co-treatment with metformin XR does not reduce the threshold dose of clomiphene to induce ovulation in polycystic ovary syndrome: Results from the pregnancy in polycystic ovary syndrome (PPCOS) study." September 2007.
McClamroch, K, Behets, F, Van Damme, K, Rabenja, LN, and Myers, E. "Cost-effectiveness of treatment strategies for cervical infection among women at high risk in Madagascar." Sex Transm Dis 34, no. 9 (September 2007): 631-637.
Myers, ER, Poulos, TA, and Hagy, AP. "The personal economics of IVF: Impact of time horizon, number of embryos transferred, quality of life, and choice of outcome on cost-effectiveness from the couple's perspective." September 2007.
Rankins, NC, Secord, AA, Jewell, E, Havrilesky, LJ, Soper, JT, and Myers, E. "Cost-effectiveness of adjuvant radiotherapy in intermediate risk endometrial cancer." Gynecol Oncol 106, no. 2 (August 2007): 388-393.
Insinga, RP, Glass, AG, Myers, ER, and Rush, BB. "Abnormal outcomes following cervical cancer screening: event duration and health utility loss." Medical Decision Making 27, no. 4 (July 2007): 414-422.
Wu, JM, Visco, AG, Weidner, AC, and Myers, ER. "Is Burch colposuspension ever cost-effective compared with tension-free vaginal tape for stress incontinence?." Am J Obstet Gynecol 197, no. 1 (July 2007): 62.e1-62.e5.
Legro, RS, Myers, ER, and Med, CMR. "Treatment of infertility in the polycystic ovary syndrome - Reply." NEW ENGLAND JOURNAL OF MEDICINE 356, no. 19 (May 10, 2007): 2000-2001.
FUTURE II Study Group, . "Quadrivalent vaccine against human papillomavirus to prevent high-grade cervical lesions." The New England Journal of Medicine 356, no. 19 (May 2007): 1915-1927.
Legro, RS, Barnhart, HX, Schlaff, WD, Carr, BR, Diamond, MP, Carson, SA, Steinkampf, MP, Coutifaris, C, McGovern, PG, Cataldo, NA, Gosman, GG, Nestler, JE, Giudice, LC, Leppert, PC, Myers, ER, and Cooperative Multicenter Reproductive Medicine Network, . "Clomiphene, metformin, or both for infertility in the polycystic ovary syndrome." The New England Journal of Medicine 356, no. 6 (February 2007): 551-566.