Spies, JB, Rundback, JH, Ascher, S, Bradley, L, Goodwin, SC, Hovsepian, DM, Myers, ER, Pelage, J-P, Pron, G, Siskin, GP, Stewart, EA, Worthington-Kirsch, R, Hume, KM, Strain, C, Gomolka, B, and SIR Foundation, . "Development of a research agenda for uterine artery embolization: proceedings from a multidisciplinary research consensus panel." J Vasc Interv Radiol 17, no. 12 (December 2006): 1871-1879.
Evan Robert Myers, MD
My research interests are broadly in the application of quantitative methods, especially mathematical modeling and decision analysis, to problems in women's health. Recent and current activities include integration of simulation modeling and systematic reviews to inform decisions surrounding cervical, ovarian, and breast cancer prevention and control, screening for postpartum depression, and management of uterine fibroids. We are also engaged in exploring methods for integrating guidelines development and research prioritization. In addition, I have ongoing collaborations using the tools of decision analysis with faculty in other clinical areas Research is conducted through the Division of Reproductive Sciences in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the Evidence Synthesis Group in the Duke Clinical Research Institute, and the Duke Cancer Institute. I'm also the course director for CRP 259, "Decision Sciences in Clinical Research", in Duke's Clinical Research Training Program.
Education and Training
- Associate, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1992 - 1994
- House Staff - Resident, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1988 - 1992
- M.P.H., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1992
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania, 1988
Selected Grants and Awards
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Comparison of Operative to Medical Endocrine Therapy (COMET) for Low Risk DCIS
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Which palliative care quality measures improve patient-centered outcomes?
- Exploring Value-Based Care from Various Perspectives
- Duke KURe Program
- Exploring factors related to racial disparities in ovarian cancer incidence and survival: the OCWAA consortium
- Optimizing Lupus Management in Pregnancy
- Molecular Methods to Improve Cervical Cancer Screening in HIV+ Women
- Value of Information Analysis: PCORnet Aspirin Maintenance Doseage Trial
- Topic Refinement 2015
- PCORI_Triage and FR Prioritization - Amendment #3
- Pregnancy and Response to Antiretroviral Therapy in South Africa
- Translational Research in Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Oral Contraceptive Use for the Primary Prevention of Ovarian Cancer
- Effectiveness of a Vaccination Program in the Community ObGyn Setting
- Ovarian Failure Among Hysterectomized Women
- Addressing Birth Defect Prevention in Women Veterans
- Effectiveness and Efficiency of Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Decision Analysis on Screening for Cervical Cancer
- An interdisciplinary use of models for cancer prevention
- Cooperative Multi-Center Reproductive Medicine Network
- Genomics Tests for Ovarian Cancer Detection and Management
- Mentored Clinical Research Scholar Program
- Management of Adnexal Mass
- Duke's Center for Muslim Women's Health
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Risk Group
- Partner Assisted Interventions For Pregnant Smokers
- Management of Post-Term Pregnancy
- Management of Uterine Fibroids
- Risk Adjustment Methods For Complications Of Hysterectomy
Myers, ER, Havrilesky, LJ, Kulasingam, SL, Sanders, GD, Cline, KE, Gray, RN, Berchuck, A, and McCrory, DC. "Genomic tests for ovarian cancer detection and management." Evid Rep Technol Assess (Full Rep), no. 145 (October 2006): 1-100. (Review)
Flynn, M, Jamison, M, Datta, S, and Myers, E. "Health care resource use for uterine fibroid tumors in the United States." Am J Obstet Gynecol 195, no. 4 (October 2006): 955-964.
Myers, ER. "HPV vaccines: now that they're here, how do we maximize their benefit?." Contraception 74, no. 4 (October 2006): 277-279.
Legro, RS, Myers, ER, Barnhart, HX, Carson, SA, Diamond, MP, Carr, BR, Schlaff, WD, Coutifaris, C, McGovern, PG, Cataldo, NA, Steinkampf, MP, Nestler, JE, Gosman, G, Guidice, LC, Leppert, PC, and Reproductive Medicine Network, . "The Pregnancy in Polycystic Ovary Syndrome study: baseline characteristics of the randomized cohort including racial effects." Fertil Steril 86, no. 4 (October 2006): 914-933.
Legro, RS, Myers, ER, Schlaff, WD, Carr, BR, and Diamond, MP. "Improvement in live births with clomiphene citrate and metformin, alone and in combination, in infertile women with polycystic ovary syndrome." September 2006.
Goldie, SJ, Kim, JJ, and Myers, E. "Chapter 19: Cost-effectiveness of cervical cancer screening." Vaccine 24 Suppl 3 (August 31, 2006): S3/164-S3/170. (Review)
Pollak, KI, Oncken, CA, Lipkus, IM, Peterson, BL, Swamy, GK, Pletsch, PK, Lyna, P, Namenek Brouwer, RJ, Fish, LJ, and Myers, ER. "Challenges and solutions for recruiting pregnant smokers into a nicotine replacement therapy trial." Nicotine Tob Res 8, no. 4 (August 2006): 547-554.
James, AH, Jamison, MG, Bushnell, CD, Biswas, MS, and Myers, ER. "Arterial thromboembolism in pregnancy: A United States population-based study." JOURNAL OF WOMENS HEALTH 15, no. 6 (July 2006): 688-688.
Myers, ER. "Acupuncture as adjunctive therapy in assisted reproduction: remaining uncertainties." Fertil Steril 85, no. 5 (May 2006): 1362-1363.