Pal, L, Zhang, H, Williams, J, Santoro, NF, Diamond, MP, Schlaff, WD, Coutifaris, C, Carson, SA, Steinkampf, MP, Carr, BR, McGovern, PG, Cataldo, NA, Gosman, GG, Nestler, JE, Myers, E, Legro, RS, and Reproductive Medicine Network, . "Vitamin D Status Relates to Reproductive Outcome in Women With Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: Secondary Analysis of a Multicenter Randomized Controlled Trial." The Journal of clinical endocrinology and metabolism 101, no. 8 (August 2016): 3027-3035.
Evan Robert Myers, MD
My research interests are broadly in the application of quantitative methods, especially mathematical modeling and decision analysis, to problems in women's health. Recent and current activities include integration of simulation modeling and systematic reviews to inform decisions surrounding cervical, ovarian, and breast cancer prevention and control, screening for postpartum depression, and management of uterine fibroids. We are also engaged in exploring methods for integrating guidelines development and research prioritization. In addition, I have ongoing collaborations using the tools of decision analysis with faculty in other clinical areas Research is conducted through the Division of Clinical and Epidemiological Research in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the Evidence Synthesis Group in the Duke Clinical Research Institute, and the Duke Cancer Institute.
Education and Training
- Associate, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1992 - 1994
- House Staff - Resident, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1988 - 1992
- M.P.H., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1992
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania, 1988
Selected Grants and Awards
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Comparison of Operative to Medical Endocrine Therapy (COMET) for Low Risk DCIS
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Which palliative care quality measures improve patient-centered outcomes?
- Exploring Value-Based Care from Various Perspectives
- Duke KURe Program
- Exploring factors related to racial disparities in ovarian cancer incidence and survival: the OCWAA consortium
- Optimizing Lupus Management in Pregnancy
- Molecular Methods to Improve Cervical Cancer Screening in HIV+ Women
- Value of Information Analysis: PCORnet Aspirin Maintenance Doseage Trial
- Topic Refinement 2015
- PCORI_Triage and FR Prioritization - Amendment #3
- Pregnancy and Response to Antiretroviral Therapy in South Africa
- Translational Research in Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Oral Contraceptive Use for the Primary Prevention of Ovarian Cancer
- Effectiveness of a Vaccination Program in the Community ObGyn Setting
- Ovarian Failure Among Hysterectomized Women
- Addressing Birth Defect Prevention in Women Veterans
- Effectiveness and Efficiency of Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Decision Analysis on Screening for Cervical Cancer
- An interdisciplinary use of models for cancer prevention
- Cooperative Multi-Center Reproductive Medicine Network
- Genomics Tests for Ovarian Cancer Detection and Management
- Mentored Clinical Research Scholar Program
- Management of Adnexal Mass
- Duke's Center for Muslim Women's Health
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Risk Group
- Partner Assisted Interventions For Pregnant Smokers
- Management of Post-Term Pregnancy
- Management of Uterine Fibroids
- Risk Adjustment Methods For Complications Of Hysterectomy
Gayer, CC, Crowley, MJ, Lawrence, WF, Gierisch, JM, Gaglio, B, Williams, JW, Myers, ER, Kendrick, A, Slutsky, J, and Sanders, GD. "An overview and discussion of the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute's decision aid portfolio." Journal of comparative effectiveness research 5, no. 4 (July 2016): 407-415.
Myers, ER. "Systematic reviews of observational studies: evaluating evidence quality." American journal of obstetrics and gynecology 215, no. 1 (July 2016): 1-3.
Myers, ER. "When can we be sure an intervention is cost-effective?." BJOG : an international journal of obstetrics and gynaecology 123, no. 7 (June 2016): 1221-.
Mendelsohn, A, Brinkley, E, Franke, K, Myers, E, and Velentgas, P. "Comparative-Effectiveness Analysis of Uterusconserving Procedures for Uterine Fibroids Using a Linked Electronic Medical Record Claims Database." May 2016.
Myers, ER, Moorman, P, and Gierisch, JM. "Benefits and Harms of Breast Cancer Screening: A Systematic Review (vol 314, pg 1615, 2015)." JAMA-JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION 315, no. 13 (April 5, 2016): 1406-1406.
Myers, ER, Moorman, P, and Sanders, GD. "Breast Cancer Screening: Benefit or Harm?--Reply." JAMA 315, no. 13 (April 2016): 1402-1403. (Letter)
Kamal, AH, Bull, J, Wolf, S, Samsa, GP, Swetz, KM, Myers, ER, Shanafelt, TD, and Abernethy, AP. "Characterizing the Hospice and Palliative Care Workforce in the U.S.: Clinician Demographics and Professional Responsibilities." Journal of pain and symptom management 51, no. 3 (March 2016): 597-603.
Hicklin, K, Ivy, JS, Wilson, JR, and Myers, E. "Using percentile matching to simulate labor progression and the effect of labor duration on birth complications." February 16, 2016.
Borah, BJ, Laughlin-Tommaso, SK, Myers, ER, Yao, X, and Stewart, EA. "Association Between Patient Characteristics and Treatment Procedure Among Patients With Uterine Leiomyomas." Obstetrics and gynecology 127, no. 1 (January 2016): 67-77.