James, AH, Jamison, MG, Brancazio, LR, and Myers, ER. "Venous thromboembolism during pregnancy and the postpartum period: incidence, risk factors, and mortality." Am J Obstet Gynecol 194, no. 5 (May 2006): 1311-1315.
Evan Robert Myers, MD
My research interests are broadly in the application of quantitative methods, especially mathematical modeling and decision analysis, to problems in women's health. Recent and current activities include integration of simulation modeling and systematic reviews to inform decisions surrounding cervical, ovarian, and breast cancer prevention and control, screening for postpartum depression, and management of uterine fibroids. We are also engaged in exploring methods for integrating guidelines development and research prioritization. In addition, I have ongoing collaborations using the tools of decision analysis with faculty in other clinical areas Research is conducted through the Division of Clinical and Epidemiological Research in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the Evidence Synthesis Group in the Duke Clinical Research Institute, and the Duke Cancer Institute.
Education and Training
- Associate, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1992 - 1994
- House Staff - Resident, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1988 - 1992
- M.P.H., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1992
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania, 1988
Selected Grants and Awards
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Comparison of Operative to Medical Endocrine Therapy (COMET) for Low Risk DCIS
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Which palliative care quality measures improve patient-centered outcomes?
- Exploring Value-Based Care from Various Perspectives
- Duke KURe Program
- Exploring factors related to racial disparities in ovarian cancer incidence and survival: the OCWAA consortium
- Optimizing Lupus Management in Pregnancy
- Molecular Methods to Improve Cervical Cancer Screening in HIV+ Women
- Value of Information Analysis: PCORnet Aspirin Maintenance Doseage Trial
- UNC-Duke Collaborative Clinical Pharmacology Postdoctoral Training Program
- Topic Refinement 2015
- PCORI_Triage and FR Prioritization - Amendment #3
- Smoking Resumption-Prevention in Postpartum Women
- Pregnancy and Response to Antiretroviral Therapy in South Africa
- Translational Research in Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Oral Contraceptive Use for the Primary Prevention of Ovarian Cancer
- EPC: Postpartum Depression
- Effectiveness of a Vaccination Program in the Community ObGyn Setting
- Ovarian Failure Among Hysterectomized Women
- Addressing Birth Defect Prevention in Women Veterans
- Effectiveness and Efficiency of Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Decision Analysis on Screening for Cervical Cancer
- An interdisciplinary use of models for cancer prevention
- Testing Pharmacological Therapies for Pregnant Smokers
- Cooperative Multi-Center Reproductive Medicine Network
- Genomics Tests for Ovarian Cancer Detection and Management
- Mentored Clinical Research Scholar Program
- Management of Adnexal Mass
- Duke's Center for Muslim Women's Health
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Risk Group
- Partner Assisted Interventions For Pregnant Smokers
- Management of Post-Term Pregnancy
- Management of Uterine Fibroids
- Risk Adjustment Methods For Complications Of Hysterectomy
James, AH, Jamison, MG, Biswas, MS, Brancazio, LR, Swamy, GK, and Myers, ER. "Acute myocardial infarction in pregnancy: a United States population-based study." Circulation 113, no. 12 (March 28, 2006): 1564-1571.
Kulasingam, SL, Myers, ER, Lawson, HW, McConnell, KJ, Kerlikowske, K, Melnikow, J, Washington, AE, and Sawaya, GF. "Cost-effectiveness of extending cervical cancer screening intervals among women with prior normal pap tests." Obstet Gynecol 107, no. 2 Pt 1 (February 2006): 321-328.
Myers, ER, Bastian, LA, Havrilesky, LJ, Kulasingam, SL, Terplan, MS, Cline, KE, Gray, RN, and McCrory, DC. "Management of adnexal mass." Evid Rep Technol Assess (Full Rep), no. 130 (February 2006): 1-145. (Review)
Legro, RS, Myers, ER, Barnhart, HX, Carson, SA, Diamond, MP, Carr, BA, Schlaff, WD, Coutifaris, C, McGovern, PG, Cataldo, NA, Steinkampf, MP, Nestler, JE, Gosman, G, Giudice, LC, and Leppert, PC. "Pregnancy in polycystic ovary syndrome (PPCOS) baseline characteristics: Effect of race and ethnicity on the PCOS phenotype." February 2006.
Legro, RS, Myers, ER, Barnhart, HX, Carson, SA, Diamond, MP, Carr, BA, Schlaff, WD, Coutifaris, C, McGovern, PG, Cataldo, NA, Steinkampf, MP, Nestler, JE, Gosman, G, Giudice, LC, and Leppert, PC. "Pregnancy in polycystic ovary syndrome (PPCOS): Study design and baseline characteristics of the randomized cohort." February 2006.
Kulasingam, SL, Kim, JJ, Lawrence, WF, Mandelblatt, JS, Myers, ER, Schiffman, M, Solomon, D, Goldie, SJ, and ALTS Group, . "Cost-effectiveness analysis based on the atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance/low-grade squamous intraepithelial lesion Triage Study (ALTS)." J Natl Cancer Inst 98, no. 2 (January 18, 2006): 92-100.
Goldie, SJ, Kim, JJ, and Myers, E. "Chapter 19: Cost-effectiveness of cervical cancer screening." Vaccine 24, no. SUPPL. 3 (2006): S164-S170.
Myers, ER. "Cost-effectiveness of HPV vaccines." Emerging Issues on HPV Infections: From Science to Practice (2006): 235-241.
James, AH, Bushnell, CD, Jamison, MG, and Myers, ER. "Incidence and Risk Factors for Stroke in Pregnancy and the Puerperium." Obstetrical & Gynecological Survey 61, no. 1 (January 2006): 4-5.