James, AH, Bushnell, CD, Jamison, MG, and Myers, ER. "Incidence and Risk Factors for Stroke in Pregnancy and the Puerperium." Obstetrical & Gynecological Survey 61, no. 1 (January 2006): 4-5.
Evan Robert Myers, MD
My research interests are broadly in the application of quantitative methods, especially mathematical modeling and decision analysis, to problems in women's health. Recent and current activities include integration of simulation modeling and systematic reviews to inform decisions surrounding cervical, ovarian, and breast cancer prevention and control, screening for postpartum depression, and management of uterine fibroids. We are also engaged in exploring methods for integrating guidelines development and research prioritization. In addition, I have ongoing collaborations using the tools of decision analysis with faculty in other clinical areas Research is conducted through the Division of Reproductive Sciences in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the Evidence Synthesis Group in the Duke Clinical Research Institute, and the Duke Cancer Institute. I'm also the course director for CRP 259, "Decision Sciences in Clinical Research", in Duke's Clinical Research Training Program.
Education and Training
- Associate, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1992 - 1994
- House Staff - Resident, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1988 - 1992
- M.P.H., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1992
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania, 1988
Selected Grants and Awards
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Comparison of Operative to Medical Endocrine Therapy (COMET) for Low Risk DCIS
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Which palliative care quality measures improve patient-centered outcomes?
- Exploring Value-Based Care from Various Perspectives
- Duke KURe Program
- Exploring factors related to racial disparities in ovarian cancer incidence and survival: the OCWAA consortium
- Optimizing Lupus Management in Pregnancy
- Molecular Methods to Improve Cervical Cancer Screening in HIV+ Women
- Value of Information Analysis: PCORnet Aspirin Maintenance Doseage Trial
- Topic Refinement 2015
- PCORI_Triage and FR Prioritization - Amendment #3
- Pregnancy and Response to Antiretroviral Therapy in South Africa
- Translational Research in Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Oral Contraceptive Use for the Primary Prevention of Ovarian Cancer
- Effectiveness of a Vaccination Program in the Community ObGyn Setting
- Ovarian Failure Among Hysterectomized Women
- Addressing Birth Defect Prevention in Women Veterans
- Effectiveness and Efficiency of Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Decision Analysis on Screening for Cervical Cancer
- An interdisciplinary use of models for cancer prevention
- Cooperative Multi-Center Reproductive Medicine Network
- Genomics Tests for Ovarian Cancer Detection and Management
- Mentored Clinical Research Scholar Program
- Management of Adnexal Mass
- Duke's Center for Muslim Women's Health
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Risk Group
- Partner Assisted Interventions For Pregnant Smokers
- Management of Post-Term Pregnancy
- Management of Uterine Fibroids
- Risk Adjustment Methods For Complications Of Hysterectomy
Bursey-Reddick, K, Swamy, GK, Brouwer, RN, Pollak, KI, Myers, ER, and Investigators, BS. "Comparison of self-reported smoking status and anonymous urinary cotinine testing in pregnancy." December 2005.
Spies, JB, Myers, ER, Worthington-Kirsch, R, Mulgund, J, Goodwin, S, Mauro, M, and FIBROID Registry Investigators, . "The FIBROID Registry: symptom and quality-of-life status 1 year after therapy." Obstet Gynecol 106, no. 6 (December 2005): 1309-1318.
James, AH, Bushnell, CD, Jamison, MG, and Myers, ER. "Incidence and risk factors for stroke in pregnancy and the puerperium." Obstet Gynecol 106, no. 3 (September 2005): 509-516.
Myers, ER, Goodwin, S, Landow, W, Mauro, M, Peterson, E, Pron, G, Spies, JB, Worthington-Kirsch, R, and FIBROID Investigators, . "Prospective data collection of a new procedure by a specialty society: the FIBROID registry." Obstet Gynecol 106, no. 1 (July 2005): 44-51.
Worthington-Kirsch, R, Spies, JB, Myers, ER, Mulgund, J, Mauro, M, Pron, G, Peterson, ED, Goodwin, S, and FIBROID Investigators, . "The Fibroid Registry for outcomes data (FIBROID) for uterine embolization: short-term outcomes." Obstet Gynecol 106, no. 1 (July 2005): 52-59.
Matchar, DB, Westermann-Clark, EV, McCrory, DC, Patwardhan, M, Samsa, G, Kulasingam, S, Myers, E, Sarria-Santamera, A, Lee, A, Gray, R, Liu, K, and Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, . "Dissemination of Evidence-based Practice Center reports." Ann Intern Med 142, no. 12 Pt 2 (June 21, 2005): 1120-1125. (Review)
McGovern, PG, Myers, ER, and Coutifaris, C. "Endometrial dating - still room for controversy - Reply." FERTILITY AND STERILITY 83, no. 6 (June 2005): 1890-1891.
Myers, ER, Silva, SG, Hafley, G, Kunselman, AR, Nestler, JE, Legro, RS, and National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Reproductive Medicine Network, . "Estimating live birth rates after ovulation induction in polycystic ovary syndrome: sample size calculations for the pregnancy in polycystic ovary syndrome trial." Contemp Clin Trials 26, no. 3 (June 2005): 271-280.
Havrilesky, LJ, Kulasingam, SL, Matchar, DB, and Myers, ER. "FDG-PET for management of cervical and ovarian cancer." Gynecol Oncol 97, no. 1 (April 2005): 183-191.