Worthington-Kirsch, R, Spies, JB, Myers, ER, Mulgund, J, Mauro, M, Pron, G, Peterson, ED, Goodwin, S, and FIBROID Investigators, . "The Fibroid Registry for outcomes data (FIBROID) for uterine embolization: short-term outcomes." Obstetrics and Gynecology 106, no. 1 (July 2005): 52-59.
Evan Robert Myers, MD
My research interests are broadly in the application of quantitative methods, especially mathematical modeling and decision analysis, to problems in women's health. Recent and current activities include integration of simulation modeling and systematic reviews to inform decisions surrounding cervical, ovarian, and breast cancer prevention and control, screening for postpartum depression, and management of uterine fibroids. We are also engaged in exploring methods for integrating guidelines development and research prioritization. In addition, I have ongoing collaborations using the tools of decision analysis with faculty in other clinical areas Research is conducted through the Division of Reproductive Sciences in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the Evidence Synthesis Group in the Duke Clinical Research Institute, and the Duke Cancer Institute. I'm also the course director for CRP 259, "Decision Sciences in Clinical Research", in Duke's Clinical Research Training Program.
Education and Training
- Associate, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1992 - 1994
- House Staff - Resident, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1988 - 1992
- M.P.H., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1992
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania, 1988
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke KURe Program
- Duke CTSA (KL2)
- Duke CTSA (TL1)
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Comparison of Operative to Medical Endocrine Therapy (COMET) for Low Risk DCIS
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Which palliative care quality measures improve patient-centered outcomes?
- Racial Differences in Treatment with Hysterectomy: a Multilevel Investigation
- Exploring factors related to racial disparities in ovarian cancer incidence and survival: the OCWAA consortium
- Exploring Value-Based Care from Various Perspectives
- Optimizing Lupus Management in Pregnancy
- Molecular Methods to Improve Cervical Cancer Screening in HIV+ Women
- Value of Information Analysis: PCORnet Aspirin Maintenance Doseage Trial
- UNC-Duke Collaborative Clinical Pharmacology Postdoctoral Training Program
- Topic Refinement 2015
- PCORI_Triage and FR Prioritization - Amendment #3
- Smoking Resumption-Prevention in Postpartum Women
- Pregnancy and Response to Antiretroviral Therapy in South Africa
- Translational Research in Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Oral Contraceptive Use for the Primary Prevention of Ovarian Cancer
- EPC: Postpartum Depression
- Effectiveness of a Vaccination Program in the Community ObGyn Setting
- Ovarian Failure Among Hysterectomized Women
- Addressing Birth Defect Prevention in Women Veterans
- Effectiveness and Efficiency of Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Decision Analysis on Screening for Cervical Cancer
- An interdisciplinary use of models for cancer prevention
- Testing Pharmacological Therapies for Pregnant Smokers
- Cooperative Multi-Center Reproductive Medicine Network
- Genomics Tests for Ovarian Cancer Detection and Management
- Mentored Clinical Research Scholar Program
- Management of Adnexal Mass
- Duke's Center for Muslim Women's Health
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Risk Group
- Partner Assisted Interventions For Pregnant Smokers
- Management of Post-Term Pregnancy
- Management of Uterine Fibroids
- Risk Adjustment Methods For Complications Of Hysterectomy
Matchar, DB, Westermann-Clark, EV, McCrory, DC, Patwardhan, M, Samsa, G, Kulasingam, S, Myers, E, Sarria-Santamera, A, Lee, A, Gray, R, Liu, K, and Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, . "Dissemination of Evidence-based Practice Center reports." Ann Intern Med 142, no. 12 Pt 2 (June 21, 2005): 1120-1125. (Review)
McGovern, PG, Myers, ER, and Coutifaris, C. "Endometrial dating - still room for controversy - Reply." FERTILITY AND STERILITY 83, no. 6 (June 2005): 1890-1891.
Myers, ER, Silva, SG, Hafley, G, Kunselman, AR, Nestler, JE, Legro, RS, and National Institute of Child Health and Human Development Reproductive Medicine Network, . "Estimating live birth rates after ovulation induction in polycystic ovary syndrome: sample size calculations for the pregnancy in polycystic ovary syndrome trial." Contemporary Clinical Trials 26, no. 3 (June 2005): 271-280.
Havrilesky, LJ, Kulasingam, SL, Matchar, DB, and Myers, ER. "FDG-PET for management of cervical and ovarian cancer." Gynecologic Oncology 97, no. 1 (April 2005): 183-191.
Bushnell, CD, James, AH, Jamison, M, and Myers, ER. "Peripartum stroke: Incidence, mortality, and outcomes." February 2005.
Matchar, DB, Westermann-Clark, EV, McCrory, DC, Patwardhan, M, Samsa, G, Kulasingam, S, Myers, E, Sarria-Santamera, A, Lee, A, Gray, R, and Liu, K. "Dissemination of Evidence-based Practice Center reports." Annals of Internal Medicine 142, no. 12 II (2005): 1120-1125.
Koninckx, P, Brosens, JJ, Brosens, I, McGovern, PG, Myers, ER, and Coutifaris, C. "Endometrial dating - Still room for controversy  (multiple letters)." Fertility and Sterility 83, no. 6 (2005): 1889-1891.
Hurskainen, R, Teperi, J, Rissanen, P, Aalto, AM, Grenman, S, Kivelä, A, Kajansuu, E, Vuorma, S, Yliskoski, M, Paavonen, J, and Myers, ER. "Levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine system for menorrhagia cost less than hysterectomy over 5 years." Evidence-based Obstetrics and Gynecology 7, no. 1 (2005): 23-24.
Zhu, W, Rawlins, BA, Boachie-Adjei, O, Myers, ER, Arimizu, J, Choi, E, Lieberman, JR, Crystal, RG, and Hidaka, C. "Combined bone morphogenetic protein-2 and -7 gene transfer enhances osteoblastic differentiation and spine fusion in a rodent model." J Bone Miner Res 19, no. 12 (December 2004): 2021-2032.