Coutifaris, C, Myers, ER, Guzick, DS, Diamond, MP, Carson, SA, Legro, RS, McGovern, PG, Schlaff, WD, Carr, BR, Steinkampf, MP, Silva, S, Vogel, DL, Leppert, PC, and NICHD National Cooperative Reproductive Medicine Network, . "Histological dating of timed endometrial biopsy tissue is not related to fertility status." Fertility and Sterility 82, no. 5 (November 2004): 1264-1272.
Evan Robert Myers, MD
My research interests are broadly in the application of quantitative methods, especially mathematical modeling and decision analysis, to problems in women's health. Recent and current activities include integration of simulation modeling and systematic reviews to inform decisions surrounding cervical, ovarian, and breast cancer prevention and control, screening for postpartum depression, and management of uterine fibroids. We are also engaged in exploring methods for integrating guidelines development and research prioritization. In addition, I have ongoing collaborations using the tools of decision analysis with faculty in other clinical areas Research is conducted through the Division of Reproductive Sciences in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the Evidence Synthesis Group in the Duke Clinical Research Institute, and the Duke Cancer Institute. I'm also the course director for CRP 259, "Decision Sciences in Clinical Research", in Duke's Clinical Research Training Program.
Education and Training
- Associate, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1992 - 1994
- House Staff - Resident, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1988 - 1992
- M.P.H., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1992
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania, 1988
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke CTSA (KL2)
- Duke CTSA (TL1)
- Comparison of Operative to Medical Endocrine Therapy (COMET) for Low Risk DCIS
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Which palliative care quality measures improve patient-centered outcomes?
- Racial Differences in Treatment with Hysterectomy: a Multilevel Investigation
- Exploring factors related to racial disparities in ovarian cancer incidence and survival: the OCWAA consortium
- Exploring Value-Based Care from Various Perspectives
- Duke KURe Program
- Optimizing Lupus Management in Pregnancy
- Molecular Methods to Improve Cervical Cancer Screening in HIV+ Women
- Value of Information Analysis: PCORnet Aspirin Maintenance Doseage Trial
- UNC-Duke Collaborative Clinical Pharmacology Postdoctoral Training Program
- Topic Refinement 2015
- PCORI_Triage and FR Prioritization - Amendment #3
- Smoking Resumption-Prevention in Postpartum Women
- Pregnancy and Response to Antiretroviral Therapy in South Africa
- Translational Research in Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Oral Contraceptive Use for the Primary Prevention of Ovarian Cancer
- EPC: Postpartum Depression
- Effectiveness of a Vaccination Program in the Community ObGyn Setting
- Ovarian Failure Among Hysterectomized Women
- Addressing Birth Defect Prevention in Women Veterans
- Effectiveness and Efficiency of Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Decision Analysis on Screening for Cervical Cancer
- An interdisciplinary use of models for cancer prevention
- Testing Pharmacological Therapies for Pregnant Smokers
- Cooperative Multi-Center Reproductive Medicine Network
- Genomics Tests for Ovarian Cancer Detection and Management
- Mentored Clinical Research Scholar Program
- Management of Adnexal Mass
- Duke's Center for Muslim Women's Health
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Risk Group
- Partner Assisted Interventions For Pregnant Smokers
- Management of Post-Term Pregnancy
- Management of Uterine Fibroids
- Risk Adjustment Methods For Complications Of Hysterectomy
Myers, ER, Silva, S, Barnhart, K, Groben, PA, Richardson, MS, Robboy, SJ, Leppert, P, Coutifaris, C, and NICHD National Cooperative Reproductive Medicine Network, . "Interobserver and intraobserver variability in the histological dating of the endometrium in fertile and infertile women." Fertil Steril 82, no. 5 (November 2004): 1278-1282.
Sama, AA, Khan, SN, Myers, ER, Huang, RC, Cammisa, FP, Sandhu, HS, and Lane, JM. "High-dose alendronate uncouples osteoclast and osteoblast function: a study in a rat spine pseudarthrosis model." Clin Orthop Relat Res, no. 425 (August 2004): 135-142.
Legro, RS, and Myers, E. "Surrogate end-points or primary outcomes in clinical trials in women with polycystic ovary syndrome?." Hum Reprod 19, no. 8 (August 2004): 1697-1704. (Review)
James, A, Matchar, DB, and Myers, ER. "Testing for von Willebrand disease in women with menorrhagia: a systematic review." Obstet Gynecol 104, no. 2 (August 2004): 381-388. (Review)
Fretts, RC, Elkin, EB, Myers, ER, and Heffner, LJ. "Should older women have antepartum testing to prevent unexplained stillbirth?." Obstet Gynecol 104, no. 1 (July 2004): 56-64.
Dainty, L, Maxwell, GL, Clarke-Pearson, DL, and Myers, ER. "Cost-effectiveness of combination thromboembolism prophylaxis in gynecologic oncology surgery." Gynecol Oncol 93, no. 2 (May 2004): 366-373.
McGovern, PG, Myers, ER, Silva, S, Coutifaris, C, Carson, SA, Legro, RS, Schlaff, WD, Carr, BR, Steinkampf, MP, Giudice, LC, Leppert, PC, and Diamond, MP. "Absence of secretory endometrium after false positive home urine luteinizing hormone testing." February 2004.
Myers, ER. "A test can be reproducible but still not useful." Fertility and Sterility 82, no. 5 (2004): 1299--.
Sawaya, GF, McConnell, KJ, Kulasingam, SL, Lawson, HW, Kerlikowske, K, Melnikow, J, Lee, NC, Gildengorin, G, Myers, ER, Washington, AE, Franco, EL, and Duarte-Franco, EF. "Screening every three years, instead of annually, would result in a small increase in risk of cervical cancer." Evidence-based Obstetrics and Gynecology 6, no. 4 (2004): 204-205.