Nanda, K, McCrory, DC, Myers, ER, Bastian, LA, Hasselblad, V, Hickey, JD, and Matchar, DB. "Accuracy of the Papanicolaou test in screening for and follow-up of cervical cytologic abnormalities: a systematic review." Ann Intern Med 132, no. 10 (May 16, 2000): 810-819. (Review)
Evan Robert Myers, MD
My research interests are broadly in the application of quantitative methods, especially mathematical modeling and decision analysis, to problems in women's health. Recent and current activities include integration of simulation modeling and systematic reviews to inform decisions surrounding cervical, ovarian, and breast cancer prevention and control, screening for postpartum depression, and management of uterine fibroids. We are also engaged in exploring methods for integrating guidelines development and research prioritization. In addition, I have ongoing collaborations using the tools of decision analysis with faculty in other clinical areas Research is conducted through the Division of Clinical and Epidemiological Research in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the Evidence Synthesis Group in the Duke Clinical Research Institute, and the Duke Cancer Institute.
Education and Training
- Associate, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1992 - 1994
- House Staff - Resident, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1988 - 1992
- M.P.H., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1992
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania, 1988
Selected Grants and Awards
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Comparison of Operative to Medical Endocrine Therapy (COMET) for Low Risk DCIS
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Which palliative care quality measures improve patient-centered outcomes?
- Exploring Value-Based Care from Various Perspectives
- Duke KURe Program
- Exploring factors related to racial disparities in ovarian cancer incidence and survival: the OCWAA consortium
- Optimizing Lupus Management in Pregnancy
- Molecular Methods to Improve Cervical Cancer Screening in HIV+ Women
- Value of Information Analysis: PCORnet Aspirin Maintenance Doseage Trial
- UNC-Duke Collaborative Clinical Pharmacology Postdoctoral Training Program
- Topic Refinement 2015
- PCORI_Triage and FR Prioritization - Amendment #3
- Smoking Resumption-Prevention in Postpartum Women
- Pregnancy and Response to Antiretroviral Therapy in South Africa
- Translational Research in Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Oral Contraceptive Use for the Primary Prevention of Ovarian Cancer
- EPC: Postpartum Depression
- Effectiveness of a Vaccination Program in the Community ObGyn Setting
- Ovarian Failure Among Hysterectomized Women
- Addressing Birth Defect Prevention in Women Veterans
- Effectiveness and Efficiency of Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Decision Analysis on Screening for Cervical Cancer
- An interdisciplinary use of models for cancer prevention
- Testing Pharmacological Therapies for Pregnant Smokers
- Cooperative Multi-Center Reproductive Medicine Network
- Genomics Tests for Ovarian Cancer Detection and Management
- Mentored Clinical Research Scholar Program
- Management of Adnexal Mass
- Duke's Center for Muslim Women's Health
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Risk Group
- Partner Assisted Interventions For Pregnant Smokers
- Management of Post-Term Pregnancy
- Management of Uterine Fibroids
- Risk Adjustment Methods For Complications Of Hysterectomy
Maxwell, GL, Myers, ER, and Clarke-Pearson, DL. "Cost-effectiveness of deep venous thrombosis prophylaxis in gynecologic oncology surgery." Obstet Gynecol 95, no. 2 (February 2000): 206-214.
Wilson, DR, Myers, ER, Mathis, JM, Scribner, RM, Conta, JA, Reiley, MA, Talmadge, KD, and Hayes, WC. "Effect of augmentation on the mechanics of vertebral wedge fractures." Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 25, no. 2 (January 15, 2000): 158-165.
Boggess, KA, Myers, ER, and Hamilton, CD. "Antepartum or postpartum isoniazid treatment of latent tuberculosis infection." Obstetrics and Gynecology 96, no. 5 (2000): 757-762.
Sevinc, A, Buyukberber, S, Sari, R, Nguyen, HN, Priore, GD, Berchuck, A, Myers, E, and Nagourney, RA. "Elevated serum CA-125 levels: Hepatitis or ascites?  (multiple letters)." Gynecologic Oncology 76, no. 1 (2000): 141-143.
Myers, ER, McCrory, DC, Subramanian, S, McCall, N, Nanda, K, Datta, S, and Matchar, DB. "Setting the target for a better cervical screening test: Characteristics of a cost-effective test for cervical neoplasia screening." Obstetrics and Gynecology 96, no. 5 (2000): 645-652.
Myers, ER. "Systemic methotrexate treatment of tubal pregnancy was more costly than laparoscopic salpingostomy." Evidence-based Obstetrics and Gynecology 2, no. 3 (2000): 72--.
Myers, ER. "Universal HIV screening of pregnant women in England would be cost-effective in areas of high prevalence." Evidence-based Obstetrics and Gynecology 2, no. 1 (2000): 7--.
Myers, ER, and Steege, JF. "Risk adjustment for complications of hysterectomy: limitations of routinely collected administrative data." Am J Obstet Gynecol 181, no. 3 (September 1999): 567-575.
Ashih, H, Gustilo-Ashby, T, Myers, ER, Andrews, J, Clarke-Pearson, DL, Berry, D, and Berchuck, A. "Cost-effectiveness of treatment of early stage endometrial cancer." Gynecol Oncol 74, no. 2 (August 1999): 208-216.