Ashih, H, Gustilo-Ashby, T, Myers, ER, Andrews, J, Clarke-Pearson, DL, Berry, D, and Berchuck, A. "Cost-effectiveness of treatment of early stage endometrial cancer." Gynecol Oncol 74, no. 2 (August 1999): 208-216.
Evan Robert Myers, MD
My research interests are broadly in the application of quantitative methods, especially mathematical modeling and decision analysis, to problems in women's health. Recent and current activities include integration of simulation modeling and systematic reviews to inform decisions surrounding cervical, ovarian, and breast cancer prevention and control, screening for postpartum depression, and management of uterine fibroids. We are also engaged in exploring methods for integrating guidelines development and research prioritization. In addition, I have ongoing collaborations using the tools of decision analysis with faculty in other clinical areas Research is conducted through the Division of Reproductive Sciences in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the Evidence Synthesis Group in the Duke Clinical Research Institute, and the Duke Cancer Institute. I'm also the course director for CRP 259, "Decision Sciences in Clinical Research", in Duke's Clinical Research Training Program.
Education and Training
- Associate, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1992 - 1994
- House Staff - Resident, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1988 - 1992
- M.P.H., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1992
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania, 1988
Selected Grants and Awards
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Comparison of Operative to Medical Endocrine Therapy (COMET) for Low Risk DCIS
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Which palliative care quality measures improve patient-centered outcomes?
- Exploring Value-Based Care from Various Perspectives
- Duke KURe Program
- Exploring factors related to racial disparities in ovarian cancer incidence and survival: the OCWAA consortium
- Optimizing Lupus Management in Pregnancy
- Molecular Methods to Improve Cervical Cancer Screening in HIV+ Women
- Value of Information Analysis: PCORnet Aspirin Maintenance Doseage Trial
- Topic Refinement 2015
- PCORI_Triage and FR Prioritization - Amendment #3
- Pregnancy and Response to Antiretroviral Therapy in South Africa
- Translational Research in Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Oral Contraceptive Use for the Primary Prevention of Ovarian Cancer
- Effectiveness of a Vaccination Program in the Community ObGyn Setting
- Ovarian Failure Among Hysterectomized Women
- Addressing Birth Defect Prevention in Women Veterans
- Effectiveness and Efficiency of Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Decision Analysis on Screening for Cervical Cancer
- An interdisciplinary use of models for cancer prevention
- Cooperative Multi-Center Reproductive Medicine Network
- Genomics Tests for Ovarian Cancer Detection and Management
- Mentored Clinical Research Scholar Program
- Management of Adnexal Mass
- Duke's Center for Muslim Women's Health
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Risk Group
- Partner Assisted Interventions For Pregnant Smokers
- Management of Post-Term Pregnancy
- Management of Uterine Fibroids
- Risk Adjustment Methods For Complications Of Hysterectomy
Myers, ER. "Evaluating new (and old) technologies: The role of economic analysis." Journal of Gynecologic Techniques 5, no. 2 (1999): 41-43.
McCrory, DC, Matchar, DB, Bastian, L, Datta, S, Hasselblad, V, Hickey, J, Myers, E, and Nanda, K. "Evaluation of cervical cytology." Evid Rep Technol Assess (Summ), no. 5 (January 1999): 1-6. (Review)
Myers, ER, Thompson, JW, and Simpson, K. "Cost-effectiveness of mandatory compared with voluntary screening for human immunodeficiency virus in pregnancy." Obstet Gynecol 91, no. 2 (February 1998): 174-181.
Myers, ER, McCrory, D, Subramanian, S, Datta, S, Nanda, K, Bastian, LA, and Matchar, DB. "Cost-effectiveness of the technologies to improve sensitivity of pap smears: Impact of screening step (primary vs. Rescreening) and interval." MEDICAL DECISION MAKING 18, no. 4 (1998): 460-460.
Drapkin, AL, and Myers, ER. "Patient preferences and temporal discounting for health states associated with hormone replacement therapy: A pilot study." MEDICAL DECISION MAKING 18, no. 4 (1998): 463-463.
Weidner, AC, Myers, ER, Visco, AG, Cundiff, GW, and Bump, RC. "Which women with stress urinary incontinence require urodynamic testing prior to surgical management?." MEDICAL DECISION MAKING 18, no. 4 (1998): 456-456.
Myers, ER, Alvarez, JG, Richardson, DK, and Ludmir, J. "Cost-effectiveness of fetal lung maturity testing in preterm labor." Obstet Gynecol 90, no. 5 (November 1997): 824-829.
Myers, ER, Alvarez, JG, Richardson, DK, and Ludmir, J. "Prevention of respiratory distress syndrome: cost-effectiveness for managing idiopathic preterm labor." Acta Diabetologica Latina 176, no. 1 PART II (1997): S43-.
Myers, ER. "Tubal ligation, hysterectomy, and risk of ovarian cancer." JAMA 271, no. 16 (April 27, 1994): 1235-. (Letter)