Kamal, AH, Bull, J, Wolf, S, Samsa, GP, Swetz, KM, Myers, ER, Shanafelt, TD, and Abernethy, AP. "Characterizing the Hospice and Palliative Care Workforce in the U.S.: Clinician Demographics and Professional Responsibilities." Journal of Pain and Symptom Management 51, no. 3 (March 2016): 597-603.
Evan Robert Myers, MD
My research interests are broadly in the application of quantitative methods, especially mathematical modeling and decision analysis, to problems in women's health. Recent and current activities include integration of simulation modeling and systematic reviews to inform decisions surrounding cervical, ovarian, and breast cancer prevention and control, screening for postpartum depression, and management of uterine fibroids. We are also engaged in exploring methods for integrating guidelines development and research prioritization. In addition, I have ongoing collaborations using the tools of decision analysis with faculty in other clinical areas Research is conducted through the Division of Reproductive Sciences in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the Evidence Synthesis Group in the Duke Clinical Research Institute, and the Duke Cancer Institute. I'm also the course director for CRP 259, "Decision Sciences in Clinical Research", in Duke's Clinical Research Training Program.
Education and Training
- Associate, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1992 - 1994
- House Staff - Resident, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1988 - 1992
- M.P.H., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1992
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania, 1988
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke KURe Program
- Duke CTSA (KL2)
- Duke CTSA (TL1)
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Comparison of Operative to Medical Endocrine Therapy (COMET) for Low Risk DCIS
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Which palliative care quality measures improve patient-centered outcomes?
- Racial Differences in Treatment with Hysterectomy: a Multilevel Investigation
- Exploring factors related to racial disparities in ovarian cancer incidence and survival: the OCWAA consortium
- Exploring Value-Based Care from Various Perspectives
- Optimizing Lupus Management in Pregnancy
- Molecular Methods to Improve Cervical Cancer Screening in HIV+ Women
- Value of Information Analysis: PCORnet Aspirin Maintenance Doseage Trial
- UNC-Duke Collaborative Clinical Pharmacology Postdoctoral Training Program
- Topic Refinement 2015
- PCORI_Triage and FR Prioritization - Amendment #3
- Smoking Resumption-Prevention in Postpartum Women
- Pregnancy and Response to Antiretroviral Therapy in South Africa
- Translational Research in Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Oral Contraceptive Use for the Primary Prevention of Ovarian Cancer
- EPC: Postpartum Depression
- Effectiveness of a Vaccination Program in the Community ObGyn Setting
- Ovarian Failure Among Hysterectomized Women
- Addressing Birth Defect Prevention in Women Veterans
- Effectiveness and Efficiency of Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Decision Analysis on Screening for Cervical Cancer
- An interdisciplinary use of models for cancer prevention
- Testing Pharmacological Therapies for Pregnant Smokers
- Cooperative Multi-Center Reproductive Medicine Network
- Genomics Tests for Ovarian Cancer Detection and Management
- Mentored Clinical Research Scholar Program
- Management of Adnexal Mass
- Duke's Center for Muslim Women's Health
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Risk Group
- Partner Assisted Interventions For Pregnant Smokers
- Management of Post-Term Pregnancy
- Management of Uterine Fibroids
- Risk Adjustment Methods For Complications Of Hysterectomy
Hicklin, K, Ivy, JS, Wilson, JR, and Myers, E. "Using percentile matching to simulate labor progression and the effect of labor duration on birth complications." February 16, 2016.
Borah, BJ, Laughlin-Tommaso, SK, Myers, ER, Yao, X, and Stewart, EA. "Association Between Patient Characteristics and Treatment Procedure Among Patients With Uterine Leiomyomas." Obstetrics and Gynecology 127, no. 1 (January 2016): 67-77.
Myers, ER. "Decision making about infertility treatment: does unlimited access lead to inappropriate treatment?." Israel journal of health policy research 5 (January 2016): 23-.
Hicklin, K, Ivy, JS, Myers, ER, Kulkarni, V, Viswanathan, M, and IEEE, . "SIMULATION OF LABOR: A STUDY OF THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN CESAREAN SECTION RATES AND THE TIME SPENT IN LABOR." 2016.
Al-Khatib, SM, Gierisch, JM, Crowley, MJ, Coeytaux, RR, Myers, ER, Kendrick, A, and Sanders, GD. "Future Research Prioritization: Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator Therapy in Older Patients." Journal of general internal medicine 30, no. 12 (December 2015): 1812-1820.
Myers, ER. "Repeated In Vitro Fertilization Cycles for Infertility." JAMA 314, no. 24 (December 2015): 2627-2629.
Worni, M, Akushevich, I, Greenup, R, Sarma, D, Ryser, MD, Myers, ER, and Hwang, ES. "Trends in Treatment Patterns and Outcomes for Ductal Carcinoma In Situ." JNCI Journal of the National Cancer Institute 107, no. 12 (December 2015): djv263-.
Myers, ER, Moorman, P, Gierisch, JM, Havrilesky, LJ, Grimm, LJ, Ghate, S, Davidson, B, Mongtomery, RC, Crowley, MJ, McCrory, DC, Kendrick, A, and Sanders, GD. "Benefits and Harms of Breast Cancer Screening: A Systematic Review." Jama 314, no. 15 (October 2015): 1615-1634. (Review)
Ting, J, Smith, JS, and Myers, ER. "Cost-Effectiveness of High-Risk Human Papillomavirus Testing With Messenger RNA Versus DNA Under United States Guidelines for Cervical Cancer Screening." Journal of lower genital tract disease 19, no. 4 (October 2015): 333-339.