Myers, ER. "How Should We Estimate the Cost-effectiveness of Interventions That Affect Reproduction?." Medical Decision Making : an International Journal of the Society for Medical Decision Making 35, no. 7 (October 2015): 812-814.
Evan Robert Myers, MD
My research interests are broadly in the application of quantitative methods, especially mathematical modeling and decision analysis, to problems in women's health. Recent and current activities include integration of simulation modeling and systematic reviews to inform decisions surrounding cervical, ovarian, and breast cancer prevention and control, screening for postpartum depression, and management of uterine fibroids. We are also engaged in exploring methods for integrating guidelines development and research prioritization. In addition, I have ongoing collaborations using the tools of decision analysis with faculty in other clinical areas Research is conducted through the Division of Reproductive Sciences in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the Evidence Synthesis Group in the Duke Clinical Research Institute, and the Duke Cancer Institute. I'm also the course director for CRP 259, "Decision Sciences in Clinical Research", in Duke's Clinical Research Training Program.
Education and Training
- Associate, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1992 - 1994
- House Staff - Resident, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1988 - 1992
- M.P.H., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1992
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania, 1988
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke KURe Program
- Duke CTSA (KL2)
- Duke CTSA (TL1)
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Comparison of Operative to Medical Endocrine Therapy (COMET) for Low Risk DCIS
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Which palliative care quality measures improve patient-centered outcomes?
- Racial Differences in Treatment with Hysterectomy: a Multilevel Investigation
- Exploring factors related to racial disparities in ovarian cancer incidence and survival: the OCWAA consortium
- Exploring Value-Based Care from Various Perspectives
- Optimizing Lupus Management in Pregnancy
- Molecular Methods to Improve Cervical Cancer Screening in HIV+ Women
- Value of Information Analysis: PCORnet Aspirin Maintenance Doseage Trial
- UNC-Duke Collaborative Clinical Pharmacology Postdoctoral Training Program
- Topic Refinement 2015
- PCORI_Triage and FR Prioritization - Amendment #3
- Smoking Resumption-Prevention in Postpartum Women
- Pregnancy and Response to Antiretroviral Therapy in South Africa
- Translational Research in Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Oral Contraceptive Use for the Primary Prevention of Ovarian Cancer
- EPC: Postpartum Depression
- Effectiveness of a Vaccination Program in the Community ObGyn Setting
- Ovarian Failure Among Hysterectomized Women
- Addressing Birth Defect Prevention in Women Veterans
- Effectiveness and Efficiency of Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Decision Analysis on Screening for Cervical Cancer
- An interdisciplinary use of models for cancer prevention
- Testing Pharmacological Therapies for Pregnant Smokers
- Cooperative Multi-Center Reproductive Medicine Network
- Genomics Tests for Ovarian Cancer Detection and Management
- Mentored Clinical Research Scholar Program
- Management of Adnexal Mass
- Duke's Center for Muslim Women's Health
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Risk Group
- Partner Assisted Interventions For Pregnant Smokers
- Management of Post-Term Pregnancy
- Management of Uterine Fibroids
- Risk Adjustment Methods For Complications Of Hysterectomy
Franke, KM, Mendelsohn, AB, Brinkley, E, Velentgas, P, Wang, T, Myers, ER, and Lang, K. "Comparing Patient-centered Outcomes after Uterus-conserving Procedures for Uterine Fibroids Using a Linked Electronic Medical Record (EMR)-claims Database." PHARMACOEPIDEMIOLOGY AND DRUG SAFETY 24 (September 2015): 357-357.
Dottino, JA, Cliby, WA, Myers, ER, Bristow, RE, and Havrilesky, LJ. "Improving NCCN guideline-adherent care for ovarian cancer: Value of an intervention." Gynecologic oncology 138, no. 3 (September 2015): 694-699.
Hayes, MG, Urbanek, M, Ehrmann, DA, Armstrong, LL, Lee, JY, Sisk, R, Karaderi, T, Barber, TM, McCarthy, MI, Franks, S, Lindgren, CM, Welt, CK, Diamanti-Kandarakis, E, Panidis, D, Goodarzi, MO, Azziz, R, Zhang, Y, James, RG, Olivier, M, Kissebah, AH, Reproductive Medicine Network, , Stener-Victorin, E, Legro, RS, and Dunaif, A. "Genome-wide association of polycystic ovary syndrome implicates alterations in gonadotropin secretion in European ancestry populations." Nature Communications 6 (August 18, 2015): 7502-null.
Ryser, MD, McGoff, K, Herzog, DP, Sivakoff, DJ, and Myers, ER. "Impact of coverage-dependent marginal costs on optimal HPV vaccination strategies." Epidemics 11 (June 2015): 32-47.
Dieter, AA, Willis-Gray, MG, Weidner, AC, Visco, AG, and Myers, ER. "Vaginal native tissue repair versus transvaginal mesh repair for apical prolapse: how utilizing different methods of analysis affects the estimated trade-off between reoperation for mesh exposure/erosion and reoperation for recurrent prolapse." International urogynecology journal 26, no. 5 (May 2015): 721-727.
Lopez-Acevedo, M, Buchanan, AH, Secord, AA, Lee, PS, Fountain, C, Myers, ER, Cohn, DE, Reed, SD, and Havrilesky, LJ. "Cost comparison among different genetic testing strategies in women with epithelial ovarian cancer." April 2015.
Havrilesky, LJ, Dinan, M, Sfakianos, GP, Curtis, LH, Barnett, JC, Van Gorp, T, and Myers, ER. "Costs, Effectiveness, and Workload Impact of Management Strategies for Women With an Adnexal Mass." Obstetrical & Gynecological Survey 70, no. 4 (April 2015): 253-255.
Dottino, JA, Cliby, BA, Myers, ER, Bristow, RE, and Havrilesky, LJ. "Improving NCCN guideline-adherent care for ovarian cancer: Value of an intervention." April 2015.
Ryser, MD, Myers, ER, and Durrett, R. "HPV clearance and the neglected role of stochasticity." Plos Computational Biology 11, no. 3 (March 13, 2015): e1004113-null.