Havrilesky, LJ, Myers, ER, and Thomas, WL. "In reply." Obstet Gynecol 122, no. 5 (November 2013): 1114-. (Letter)
Evan Robert Myers, MD
My research interests are broadly in the application of quantitative methods, especially mathematical modeling and decision analysis, to problems in women's health. Recent and current activities include integration of simulation modeling and systematic reviews to inform decisions surrounding cervical, ovarian, and breast cancer prevention and control, screening for postpartum depression, and management of uterine fibroids. We are also engaged in exploring methods for integrating guidelines development and research prioritization. In addition, I have ongoing collaborations using the tools of decision analysis with faculty in other clinical areas Research is conducted through the Division of Reproductive Sciences in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the Evidence Synthesis Group in the Duke Clinical Research Institute, and the Duke Cancer Institute. I'm also the course director for CRP 259, "Decision Sciences in Clinical Research", in Duke's Clinical Research Training Program.
Education and Training
- Associate, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1992 - 1994
- House Staff - Resident, Ob/Gyn, Duke University, 1988 - 1992
- M.P.H., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1992
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania, 1988
Selected Grants and Awards
- Duke KURe Program
- Duke CTSA (KL2)
- Duke CTSA (TL1)
- Building Interdisciplinary Research Careers in Women's Health
- Comparison of Operative to Medical Endocrine Therapy (COMET) for Low Risk DCIS
- Translational Research in Surgical Oncology
- Duke University Medical Center (DUMC) Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) Clinical Site
- Which palliative care quality measures improve patient-centered outcomes?
- Racial Differences in Treatment with Hysterectomy: a Multilevel Investigation
- Exploring factors related to racial disparities in ovarian cancer incidence and survival: the OCWAA consortium
- Exploring Value-Based Care from Various Perspectives
- Optimizing Lupus Management in Pregnancy
- Molecular Methods to Improve Cervical Cancer Screening in HIV+ Women
- Value of Information Analysis: PCORnet Aspirin Maintenance Doseage Trial
- UNC-Duke Collaborative Clinical Pharmacology Postdoctoral Training Program
- Topic Refinement 2015
- PCORI_Triage and FR Prioritization - Amendment #3
- Smoking Resumption-Prevention in Postpartum Women
- Pregnancy and Response to Antiretroviral Therapy in South Africa
- Translational Research in Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Oral Contraceptive Use for the Primary Prevention of Ovarian Cancer
- EPC: Postpartum Depression
- Effectiveness of a Vaccination Program in the Community ObGyn Setting
- Ovarian Failure Among Hysterectomized Women
- Addressing Birth Defect Prevention in Women Veterans
- Effectiveness and Efficiency of Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Decision Analysis on Screening for Cervical Cancer
- An interdisciplinary use of models for cancer prevention
- Testing Pharmacological Therapies for Pregnant Smokers
- Cooperative Multi-Center Reproductive Medicine Network
- Genomics Tests for Ovarian Cancer Detection and Management
- Mentored Clinical Research Scholar Program
- Management of Adnexal Mass
- Duke's Center for Muslim Women's Health
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Risk Group
- Partner Assisted Interventions For Pregnant Smokers
- Management of Post-Term Pregnancy
- Management of Uterine Fibroids
- Risk Adjustment Methods For Complications Of Hysterectomy
Havrilesky, LJ, Myers, ER, and Thomas, WL. "Oral Contraceptive Pills as Primary Prevention for Ovarian Cancer: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis Reply." OBSTETRICS AND GYNECOLOGY 122, no. 5 (November 2013): 1114-1114.
Gierisch, JM, Coeytaux, RR, Urrutia, RP, Havrilesky, LJ, Moorman, PG, Lowery, WJ, Dinan, M, McBroom, AJ, Hasselblad, V, Sanders, GD, and Myers, ER. "Oral contraceptive use and risk of breast, cervical, colorectal, and endometrial cancers: a systematic review." Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention : a Publication of the American Association for Cancer Research, Cosponsored by the American Society of Preventive Oncology 22, no. 11 (November 2013): 1931-1943. (Review)
Moorman, PG, Havrilesky, LJ, Gierisch, JM, Coeytaux, RR, Lowery, WJ, Peragallo Urrutia, R, Dinan, M, McBroom, AJ, Hasselblad, V, Sanders, GD, and Myers, ER. "Oral contraceptives and risk of ovarian cancer and breast cancer among high-risk women: a systematic review and meta-analysis." Journal of Clinical Oncology : Official Journal of the American Society of Clinical Oncology 31, no. 33 (November 2013): 4188-4198. (Review)
Barnett, JC, Alvarez Secord, A, Cohn, DE, Leath, CA, Myers, ER, and Havrilesky, LJ. "Cost effectiveness of alternative strategies for incorporating bevacizumab into the primary treatment of ovarian cancer." Cancer 119, no. 20 (October 15, 2013): 3653-3661.
Dorth, JA, Lee, WR, and Myers, ER. "A Decision Analysis of Primary Radiation Therapy and Androgen Deprivation Therapy Versus Radical Prostatectomy for High-Risk Prostate Cancer.": Elsevier BV, October 2013.
Havrilesky, LJ, Chino, JP, and Myers, ER. "How much is another randomized trial of lymph node dissection in endometrial cancer worth? A value of information analysis." Gynecol Oncol 131, no. 1 (October 2013): 140-146.
Yeh, JS, Shah, AA, and Myers, ER. "Forecasting the use of assisted reproductive technology (ART) in the United States until 2030.": Elsevier BV, September 2013.
Shah, AA, Fang, L, Leon, JS, Steward, RG, Price, TM, and Myers, ER. "Gender and infertility status affect stated preferences for outcomes of IVF.": Elsevier BV, September 2013.
"Risk of acute thromboembolic events with oral contraceptive use: a systematic review and meta-analysis." Obstetrics and Gynecology 122, no. 2 Pt 1 (August 1, 2013): 380-389. (Review)